All Page 1 Zach Wilson Threads: MERGED

AFJF

23 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Interviewer: “Zach when you see you're picture on the back of New York City tabloids, what goes through your mind?”

Zach: *smiles* “fans overreacting already, I already know it’s going to be crazy” 

Either he’s aware that he’s a Jet in a month or he knows that us Jet fans are batsh*t crazy ? - I’m thinking both 

It's absolutely both.

I feel bad for the kid coming into this sh*t show...but I'm completely confident he can and will handle it well.

• Sympathy 1

JD:  "Hello Zac, Joe here, yeah we think we are going to hire Matt Campbell for the job."

Zack:  "Ha ha ha ha foolish mortal, you go against my  wishes?  You will hire Saleh and you will ensure he hires LaFleur!"

JD:  "Yes my  lord, your wish is my command."

• Haha 3

Unless you grew up a Jets fan, who the hell would be super excited about joining this team?

I’m sure we aren’t the first choice of Wilson, Fields or any other QB.

You think Lawrence would rather join the Jags over San Fran, Atlanta, etc?

You think a guy like Mayfield was doing summersaults over being drafted by the Browns?

Still, going to the Jets is more preferable than a literal dilapidated sh*thole like Detroit where half the city is boarded up.

And if you come to the Jets and win, you’ll be worshipped and they’ll build a statue of you in Times Square.

4 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Yeah but Lawrence doesn’t talk about any team. And he acknowledged the New York connection when we were the front runners for him. Wilson talks about the 49ers and “the best landing spot for me”. 

can you blame him? Id rather be the QB of a team run by one of the best HC and FO in the league, and a team that was recently in a superbowl lol 

The jets reputation of absolutely going scorched earth and dismantling young qbs precedes them unfortunately. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Jdub03 said:

Conspiracy theory: maybe ZW has told the Jets he doesn't want to play for them, and Jets and SF worked on a deal, but only if SF could get up to 3. I doubt it, but also wouldn't be surprised, lol.  Didn't his dad have negative comments on the Jets a few months back? Dads are a major influence on their kids, see the Mannings.

Why do the Jets need to work out a deal with any team picking after them.   The Jets just take who they want at 2.  End of story.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

Right...he said nothing of the sort. He acknowledged that Jet fans are a little off. Same as I do each day...I still want to be here.

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

No. He acknowledged that the hype around drafting him was "crazy." .This self hating by some of you has to stop.  Are Jets fans harder to play for than Packers fans?  I don't see it. What else is there in GB?  All they talk about is the Packers.  In NY, half the fans don't give a crap because they root for the other football team. Then. you have the other 7 pro sports teams. Plus everything else going on.  There are no real newspapers any more.   If anything, the national football media is harder on the Jets and the players than anybody.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Seemed like the last thing he wanted to talk about was getting drafted by the Jets.

Where did you get that impression. He said the same thing every player says.  I'll go where I'm drafted, blah , blah , blah.  He's not going to say "it's been my dream to play for XX team" because what if that team doesn't pick him?

34 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Unless you grew up a Jets fan, who the hell would be super excited about joining this team?

I’m sure we aren’t the first choice of Wilson, Fields or any other QB.

You think Lawrence would rather join the Jags over San Fran, Atlanta, etc?

You think a guy like Mayfield was doing summersaults over being drafted by the Browns?

Still, going to the Jets is more preferable than a literal dilapidated sh*thole like Detroit where half the city is boarded up.

And if you come to the Jets and win, you’ll be worshipped and they’ll build a statue of you in Times Square.

Fortunes change in the NFL. The Pats were a joke for 40 years. The Steelers were the worst NFL franchise in history until the 1970s.  The 49ers were garbage before Walsh.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Where did you get that impression. He said the same thing every player says.  I'll go where I'm drafted, blah , blah , blah.  He's not going to say "it's been my dream to play for XX team" because what if that team doesn't pick him?

Seemed like he spoke about the 9ers and how he would fit and I read he spoke about Jacksonville last week but when the Jets came up we got the company line, I can fit anywhere, I will be happy to go to whoever. It might be nothing but it seems like he was ducking questions about the Jets. 

2 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Fortunes change in the NFL. The Pats were a joke for 40 years. The Steelers were the worst NFL franchise in history until the 1970s.  The 49ers were garbage before Walsh.  

Sure

The Browns are much more desirable than they were 3 years ago.

But the Jets have been utter sh*t for the last decade straight and are fresh off playing a major part in ruining a legit blue chip QB prospect in Darnold.

We all hope that Douglas and Saleh turn around the Jets, but most of these kids know nothing about the Jets other than they’ve been clown shoes for literally half of their lives.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1