Jump to content

All Page 1 Zach Wilson Threads: MERGED


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

JD:  "Hello Zac, Joe here, yeah we think we are going to hire Matt Campbell for the job."

Zack:  "Ha ha ha ha foolish mortal, you go against my  wishes?  You will hire Saleh and you will ensure he hires LaFleur!"

JD:  "Yes my  lord, your wish is my command."

Zach: "Actually, you'll refer to me as your grace."

happy clapping GIF by Game of Thrones

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Instead of explaining why we shouldn’t trade down ... I’ll just leave this here . U guys will like this @Mogglez @football guy 

Because this thread isn’t the only place where it happens. Post a film review?  It’s a race to see how quickly it can be derailed by children who are upset that the Jets might not get them their

Just say you paid for Matt Waldman’s RSP and be done with it.

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Imagine being a young QB interviewing with Douglas right now knowing they have the desiccated husk of Sam Darnold twisting in the wind back in scenic New Jersey.  

And people wonder why prospects shy away from mentioning this franchise lol 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

I'm going to laugh if we trade the pick and roll with darnold

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app
 

Every team in the NFL  will laugh at the Jets,  if they elect to keep the worse Qb in the league.     Jets have a once  in a life shot to get a franchise QB.   So you were  burned with Sanchez, and Darnold ,  and are afraid  to take another chance there.   B

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

He said being drafted by us at 2 would be a dream. 

If he threw like that with a pulled hammy he is not soft - as impressive as Fields was a healthy Justin put a lot more body into some of his downfield tosses and Wilson's looked pretty effortless (I had absolutely no indication he was hurt).

I'm torn between them as prospects because I fear that Fields' ceiling with the right coach is absurd... But Wilson runs the exact scheme we intend to expertly and his accuracy is great. A lot of the speculating here feels over the top...

Id also be fine with running it back with Sam, trading back (and then back up from 23) to get Pitts/Chase and Slater, but I just think Sam has lost the city too hard to turn it now.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Every team in the NFL  will laugh at the Jets,  if they elect to keep the worse Qb in the league.     Jets have a once  in a life shot to get a franchise QB.   So you were  burned with Sanchez, and Darnold ,  and are afraid  to take another chance there.   B

Once in a life shot?  I’m all for drafting Wilson but just a few years ago we had the shot for a franchise QB when we drafted darnold. You can’t call it a once in a life shot and then bring up two QBs drafted very high by the jets and not that long ago. Next year there will be QB’s the experts fall in love with. Again I’m all for drafting Wilson but your choice of words don’t make sense. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember going through and watching every play of his. Interestingly enough, I'd say that Houston was probably his worst game as opposed to Coastal Carolina. Didn't have a good game, but was noticeably sloppier than later in the season. A positive is that he did improve on many of those issues as the season went on, but there were times were he got sloppy.

Funny enough, I found that his downfield accuracy was more consistent than <5 yards from the LOS

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, sec143dmf said:

Once in a life shot?  I’m all for drafting Wilson but just a few years ago we had the shot for a franchise QB when we drafted darnold. You can’t call it a once in a life shot and then bring up two QBs drafted very high by the jets and not that long ago. Next year there will be QB’s the experts fall in love with. Again I’m all for drafting Wilson but your choice of words don’t make sense. 

How many times are the Jets going to be picking at number two in the draft( you  hope never again) .  They are in prime position to upgrade themselves at the most important position in the draft.( QB)   Who knows when you will get that shot again.  Qb’s that haven’t done anything in their first three years in the league, don’t all of a sudden start coming on in year four.( better shot of winning the lottery ) .

Sure you can say they can draft a QB next year.   First you won’t be picking at two, and it can get very expensive trading up for potential franchise QBs.( this QB class suppose to much stronger than next year class).

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not really fair it is incredibly picky intentionally and many of the issues he showed her were fixed in later games. Wilson is not perfect, the premise of this video is he should be perfect. It is a video designed to get clicks from people that do not like him. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

How many times are the Jets going to be picking at number two in the draft( you  hope never again) .  They are in prime position to upgrade themselves at the most important position in the draft.( QB)   Who knows when you will get that shot again.  Qb’s that haven’t done anything in their first three years in the league, don’t all of a sudden start coming on in year four.( better shot of winning the lottery ) .

Sure you can say they can draft a QB next year.   First you won’t be picking at two, and it can get very expensive trading up for potential franchise QBs.( this QB class suppose to much stronger than next year class).

All I am saying is you hope we aren’t picking that high again. We literally were just saying the same exact same quotes a few years ago with Sam yet here we are again. So yes I hope we draft Wilson and I hope we aren’t this high in the draft for many years.  But that’s all it is. A lot of hopes.  Hoping we finally get it right. If we get it wrong like we did with Sam in 4 years we will be right back to where we started so “once in a lifetime “ isn’t accurate. We have to hope they get it right.  Atleast we have the assets to build around the new QB this time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think JT in this video is saying that ZW is getting a pass for tendencies that Fields is getting criticized for;

  • Rushing through progressions
  • Inconsistent 'Seeing the field'
  • Inconsistent ball placement 

In this game, for sure he's shown all of those. I think it's a fair criticism.

We're talking 2a and 2b at quarterback here in this draft. This is not going to be the most straightforward decision.

I understand those that prefer to go with the overall athleticism advantage, track-record of toughness and hope to mold the rest over time.

I can also understand those, as I have become one of them, that think Zack Wilson has better 'spatial awareness' or whatever-the-f*** it is that great point guards and quarterbacks have to see the game as it unfolds - both finding open receivers and in pocket awareness. 

And I think he's got better arm talent. Not stronger, but more consistent delivery of tight window, special, Sunday throws. 

I love this channel, and JT knows a lot more about football and quarterback-ing than I ever will. I don't think he's being too nit picky, I just think he prefers Fields. Chris Simms, Greg Cosell and the QBASE Skynet self-aware AI prefer Wilson. 

To each their own. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Zack, if you are reading this, do not take anything personally, you rabbit-eared mush jesus christ man stop googling your name, Milky Mariota.

But you like Mariota!?!?!?!?!?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Zack, if you are reading this, do not take anything personally, you rabbit-eared mush jesus christ man stop googling your name, Milky Mariota.

^^ Wanted the Jets to hire a Mormon as their head coach in 2012.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

But you like Mariota!?!?!?!?!?

During the draft process, I referred to Mariota as The Hawaiian Matt Ryan because his personality was pure mush

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

^^ Wanted the Jets to hire a Mormon as their head coach in 2012.

We would each have enjoyed two Super Bowl titles and nine wives

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Wilson was late with the pass. The replay shows that dude wiiiiiide open off the line

Marshawn was cutting through the Pats like a hot knife through butter. Then Mormon Schottenheimer decided to get cute.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Marshawn was cutting through the Pats like a hot knife through butter. Then Mormon Schottenheimer decided to get cute.

But it was open! Wilson choked!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...