All Page 1 Zach Wilson Threads: MERGED

AFJF

3 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

With the rules protecting QBs and the fact that he is not a running qb, rather just a movement escape the pocket QB I fail to see why this continues to be such an issue.  I know zach looks slender, but lets not act like an nfl strength and conditioning program combined with an advanced sports performance department like the jets currently have couldnt bulk him up to a comfortably 220 for reference many of the qbs taken last year were around 220 with Herbert being the exception (however he is 6'6).  

If you have concerns over surgically repaired shoulders then thats a different matter, but those were pre existing injuries from HS which he had not addressed until it became nagging at BYU.  He seemed more than fully recovered this year and if our new medical department (which is top notch now) clears him then I would feel comfortable there.  

By nature too this offense will hold up the rush and defenses a little more than gase offense.  Plenty of play action and movement of the pocket and the QB will make his reads quick and get him away from sitting in the pocket like a lame duck.  

I am 100% on board with your opinion, which is very optimistic. But the reality is that he will probably not end up playing full seasons in the NFL with the heavy hitting in which he wasn't exposed in college.

3 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Those are my thoughts too. And I think the people who compare the talent and contract upgrade from Darnold to Wilson are making the wrong comparison. The question is what player selected at #2 helps the Jets the most in the long term. And how the player compares to future players the Jets can draft at that same position. Too many people are sleeping on JD picking Sewell. It certainly isn't the sexy pick, but it is the type of pick that builds championship teams. 

This is why I still believe we will not be picking at #2. Think we need players, not a player. Only 28 days.?

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Same as any other QB. More than Darnold has anyway. All the Wilson bashing has become very tiresome. A lot of people around here are going to feel foolish when he lights it up.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Your wish and all long time suffering Jets fans. Just a reality check about his durability.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bronx said:

I'm cool with your opinion but I really think that deep.inside, you are concerned about his frame and durability, like every other Jets fan. 

Absolutely, when you look at his frame there is an initial concern, no doubt.  That was, without question, a worry for me.

But then when I look around the NFL - and I see no correlation with the size or the frame of the player and injuries.  

Smaller guys don't seem to be injured more than than the larger ones, it's just not a trend in the NFL - non one that I can see anyway.  So while at first glance there might be concern, that data behind it just doesn't support it.

He needs, absolutely needs to be smart, and not try to be a hero - he can't play like Ben or Allen - but the great thing about the NFL for a guy like Wilson is, if he's smart, he's can really protect his body....

Can he be injured, of course.  But there's no reason to think he'll be injured any more than anyone else.  and I truly believe that!

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Much like watching Lawrence, Fields and Jones having vastly superior weapons and olines and running games to their opposition in 80% of their games.

Wait, didnt you hear, the reason for Zach impressing is a few of his OL went on Missions.

™bitonti

23 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

That's your topic of concern.  That's your issue.

Certainly not mine.  

Fields had a rib injury in college, Fields broke his hand and had hand surgery in high school...Fields has tweaked his hamstring before. Fields had a series knee injury - wearing a brace at times.

You're choosing to find reasons to worry about Wilson and that's fine, certainly your right but please don't' pretend like your concerns are everyone else's.  They're not.

Headline: “Justin Fields has legendary night after rib injury.”

E50DDCC2-8A8A-4347-8243-89E284998F10.jpeg

10 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

I stopped watching after he analyzed the first play. Criticizing the kid for throwing a perfect jump ball to one on one coverage? He had a blitzed coming, correctly identifies a 1 on 1 matchup and gives his guy a chance with a perfect pass. I’ll take that kind of terrible every Sunday.

I get it.

Youre QB is faced with a blitz.

He looks for the 1 on 1 matchup.  

Identifies it

Throws a laser to the sideline out of the reach of the db.  

His WR makes the catch and takes it to the house for a TD

It a jump ball and would be defensed on a Sunday?  

And people agree with this?  Why?  What makes this even remotely true or logical? 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

That's your topic of concern.  That's your issue.

Certainly not mine.  

Fields had a rib injury in college, Fields broke his hand and had hand surgery in high school...Fields has tweaked his hamstring before. Fields had a series knee injury - wearing a brace at times.

You're choosing to find reasons to worry about Wilson and that's fine, certainly your right but please don't' pretend like your concerns are everyone else's.  They're not.

Did he miss any games because of those injuries? If not, then he was actually hurt not injured per Bill Parcells.

how many qb's actually do play a full season?  sure there are a lot that do play a full season but how many full seasons do they string together before missing some time?  and a lot of them, when they do get injured , are out for considerable time.  i'm not so worried about wilson as long as his injuries have been accounted for and healed.  he will be able to help himself by knowing when to eat the ball and duck or by throwing the ball away.  a good oline with a run game will do wonders to keep him upright.

No one knows.

Yes, his small stature and thin, light build is a concern (for some).

But no one knows how durable he will be at the NFL level.

Like so much about the draft, it's a risk, and a known one.

It will surely be part of the larger analysis JD and his scouts are performing on the available prospects.

But till he starts taking NFL snaps in games, no one can be sure.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I feel this way, but the fact that JD didn't deal with the Niners gives me pause. 

He still could.I can believe  that JD didn't want to get out of the top 10. Now this is not an issue, as far as the 49rs go. Just throw this out there....would you swap 2/3 for Mike McGlinchley and pick 102, a comp pick? Little research here....SF has until May 3 to exercise 5th option on him. He's 26, and they could replace him in a deep OT draft with their 2nd rd pick, #43. Obviously he fits the blocking sceme. Pick 102 would basically give us 3 3rd's.

Just now, section314 said:

He still could.I can believe  that JD didn't want to get out of the top 10. Now this is not an issue, as far as the 49rs go. Just throw this out there....would you swap 2/3 for Mike McGlinchley and pick 102, a comp pick? Little research here....SF has until May 3 to exercise 5th option on him. He's 26, and they could replace him in a deep OT draft with their 2nd rd pick, #43. Obviously he fits the blocking sceme. Pick 102 would basically give us 3 3rd's.

But if we are willing to trade with Frisco, why would they bother because then it means we don't want the player they want?

1 hour ago, theron said:

Im gonna gonna connect the dots for you all...

Most FA Signings came out of nowhere..no leaks

But for the Draft you hear from "leaks" everywhere we gonna take Zach Wilson ?Just like we signed Golladay and Thuney ?

Justin Fields will be the new Jets Franchise QB

Hey Zach, welcome to the forum. 

58 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

and he believes there is a 75% chance that Wilson will become a top 15 QB after 3 years in the league. Who does JD pick then?

Hypotheticals are nice but this isn’t how you answer this kind of question. We don’t know if he’s only destined to be a top 15 QB, top 10 or top 20 — but we know Darnold is the kind of guy who hovers around 29th, 30th & 31st the past 3 seasons. You take the QB if you really trust him. Does JD? We’ll see in about a month.

• I did a pfn draft simulator. i was offered lots of trades which I bit. what do you think of this haul
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • NYJ
    Kyle Pitts
    TE Florida
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Greg Newsome II
    CB Northwestern

• NYJ
    Travis Etienne
    RB Clemson

• NYJ
    Teven Jenkins
    OT Oklahoma State
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Dillon Radunz
    OT North Dakota State

• NYJ
    Amari Rodgers
    WR Clemson
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Tylan Wallace
    WR Oklahoma State

• NYJ
    Kyle Trask
    QB Florida

•  
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, adobolo2 said:

Sorry for starting another Wilson tread but I didn't want this video from the QB school hid in pages where no one will see it.

I've watched a lot of Zack but I think this is the fairest video on him I've come across, it shows he's great throws that we have all become accustomed to but also his bone head moments. Just take a half our out of you day and watch.

This is pretty nitpicky. One of the plays he points out is a WR getting stopped by a ref so Zach throws to the other guy. Wilson has to make a split second decision. And he sees the safety having to make a play it’s not a bad play wtf.

When Wilson is hitting open receivers it’s “man these dudes are open wait till he gets into the nfl!”

When he hits guys that are covered and drops it in “Wait til he gets to the nfl, he can’t make that throw either!”

Who the **** is he supposed to throw then? Of course he’s gonna miss dudes, everyone does. But on top of that, dude barely turns the ball over. He’s not a damn machine. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Annnnnd here’s where the OG poster’s agenda finally says Hi.

That's fair. If and when then Jets select Wilson as the new qb of the franchise I will want him to be a roaring success and anyone who doesn't is just looking for their own thoughts on him to be proved correct. I've always said I wanted a trade down but have never campaigned for fields, lance, jones ect. I don't feel wilson is that much of an upgrade over Sam and others like yourself do and that's a personal choice. Wilson will undoubtedly be a better QB than Sam for the jets because he's automatically put into a more stable franchise than Sam ever had. But we have to understand Wilson's faults and be prepared for them because the way some fans talk he is going to line out for the jets next year and automatically be of the standard of Mahomes or rodgers.

• Upvote 1