All Page 1 Zach Wilson Threads: MERGED

AFJF

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Wait, didnt you hear, the reason for Zach impressing is a few of his OL went on Missions.

™bitonti

32 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Annnnnd here’s where the OG poster’s agenda finally says Hi.

Of all Wilson's off the field faults, his great wealth is actually the scariest 

The question isn't will he get hurt. The question is how many concussions will he take before he retires early? He does not need this and there are easier ways to make a living 

i like how the wilson fanbois are making excuses and saying it's nitpicky to point out potential problems. he isn't wrong on a lot of these things. some of these throws, and lack of seeing the field could present a problem in the nfl. you guys have to understand wilson is not a blue chip prospect by any means. he could very well bust in the nfl

• Post of the Week 1

I'm definitely more concerned about his size than his injury history but they kinda go hand in hand.  You might worry every time he gets tackled and falls hard.  I know there are shorter durable QBs out there but it's more about being built to take a hit.  I try to compare his build to other similar sized QBs.  He's close to Deshaun in size.  Deshaun looks a tad skinny but he seems durable other than that acl tear he had in camp.  Mitch Trubisky is another.  Mark Sanchez as well, but i always thought he was a bit undersized.  They all got hurt at one point.  The thing is, you don't want Wilson to pack on unnatural weight for the sake of getting heavier because it could affect his game.  Yes, rules do protect QBs these days but all it takes is that one run.  Despite this, i still prefer him over the physically superior Fields.  Some things can't be taught.

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Of all Wilson's off the field faults, his great wealth is actually the scariest 

The question isn't will he get hurt. The question is how many concussions will he take before he retires early? He does not need this and there are easier ways to make a living 

I really wish you wouldn’t of quoted me with this goofy crap so early in the morning.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

i like how the wilson fanbois are making excuses and saying it's nitpicky to point out potential problems. he isn't wrong on a lot of these things. some of these throws, and lack of seeing the field could present a problem in the nfl. you guys have to understand wilson is not a blue chip prospect by any means. he could very well bust in the nfl

There’s maybe one or two plays he has a point on. The rest is nitpicky. Point to the plays you think is legit criticism. 

Genuinely as bad as any analysis I've ever seen. Sometime he's just flat out lying about what's happening.

He had his mind made up before making that video, hand picked the evidence and ignored the plays that didn't fit. Atrocious.

The only video worth watching with Wilson is the one that shows every throw/run. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

So who’s the best QB pick since it isn’t going to be Watson, huh, Tom? Because you’re really rustling my jimmies with this goofy Wilson hate bro. 

I don’t know why we’d use the #2 on Wilson when the actual adult-sized Jay Cutler is still available. 

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Problem here is that video nit picked to an unhealthy degree. It’s hard to have an honest discussion with each other over a video like that.

You have to go through every play and decide what is nit picky and what's not. The first throw for the touchdown is extremely subjective and is harsh on wilson to say he should not have thrown that ball.

The missed reciever where he took off and ran is something he will learn as the game slows down for him in his head with coaching

Not seeing a wide open receiver in the end zone was a bit worrying 

Throwing into double coverage when there was a guy underneath worked out because of the flag but you would have to feel nfl defensive backs would be able to get their head turned to see the ball and possible be a pick

I won't go trough every play

I've said before wilson has the arm and exciting style we would all love to see under center for the jets, we have hired the best coaches available this cycle so let's hope his is coachable and he has improved year on year and game on game so have to feel he is. As I say I hope he is a jets qb we talk about for decades in a good way for a change.

Just now, Tranquilo said:

There’s maybe one or two plays he has a point on. The rest is nitpicky. Point to the plays you think is legit criticism. 

i'm not even gonna look at the video again. from memory he was right on the first pass being a jump ball that is batted down or even picked in the nfl. he was right on the flea flicker where he completely missed a wide open easy touchdown for another throw that likely has a bad outcome in the nfl. he was right about the slant where wilson throws it late even though the result is good it was still a throw that should have been made earlier. he was also right about wilson missing the wide open crossing route when he took off to run.  i'm not against drafting wilson, i'm just saying he had a lot of good points. i didn't and i wont spend 30 min watching the whole video because i have better things to do, but from what i did watch the criticisms weren't completely off base

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Genuinely as bad as any analysis I've ever seen. Sometime he's just flat out lying about what's happening.

Zach Wilson Haters: ITS GOOD ANALYSIS BECAUSE IT GIVES ME A REASON TO KEEP ON KEEPING ON IN THE DENIAL DEPARTMENT. I THOUGHT THIS SAME STUFF ALL MONTH. THIS YOUTUBE GUY HAS A POINT!!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t know why we’d use the #2 on Wilson when the actual adult-sized Jay Cutler is still available. 

Cute joke but they have absolutely nothing in common as signal callers - so you see why the joke is only cute because it’s stupid. You also dodged my question on who you’d rather us to go with. Yes. I noticed that.

I want to go QB at 2 (Wilson or Fields). It’s still ok to point out potential flaws and concerns. No prospect is perfect. We will still get our wish draft night when we draft a QB. Team Sewell / trade back are in shambles right now but they’ll get on board eventually 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

i'm not even gonna look at the video again. from memory he was right on the first pass being a jump ball that is batted down or even picked in the nfl. he was right on the flea flicker where he completely missed a wide open easy touchdown for another throw that likely has a bad outcome in the nfl. he was right about the slant where wilson throws it late even though the result is good it was still a throw that should have been made earlier. he was also right about wilson missing the wide open crossing route when he took off to run.  i'm not against drafting wilson, i'm just saying he had a lot of good points. i didn't and i wont spend 30 min watching the whole video because i have better things to do, but from what i did watch the criticisms weren't completely off base

The first one is this new BS narrative that tight window throws don’t work in the NFL now when those are the toughest throws to make. Those are NFL throws. People act like DBs are Super Saiyans in the NFL while the receivers are pieces of sh*t but both players are better in the NFL. Not just DBs.

True about the flea flicker but the slant was a great player. It’s either 5 yards or 15. He waited on the safety to check the other WR and that allowed him to make that throw further down the field. 

10 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I really wish you wouldn’t of quoted me with this goofy crap so early in the morning.

Zach Wilson, Josh Rosen and Johnny manziel

What do these 3 quarterback prospects have in common? 

They don't need it 

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

I am 100% on board with your opinion, which is very optimistic. But the reality is that he will probably not end up playing full seasons in the NFL with the heavy hitting in which he wasn't exposed in college.

He may not, statistically he will probably miss some time in his career one way or another, almost everyone does. 

But my point is where is all this heavy hitting? When have we seen non running QB's just get absolutely lit up on a regular basis? (Darnold aside and taking into account the extremity of the rules now to protect the QB). 

We're talking about a QB that so far has shown:

- An ability to go through reads quickly and find hot recievers

- he can escape pressure

- he can slide

All this in an offense designed to get the QB on the move, slide the pocket, use heavy play action where he should take less hits. 

Again not saying there isnt a risk, obviously anyone can get a big time shot on the qb if there is a gaff in protection and he has some injuries in the past.  Statistically all players have a high risk of injury due to the nature of football in general. 

I personally just dont see it as as huge a deal some are making it out to be.  The way some posters are talking a stiff breeze is going to end this kids career. 

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I have now seen JN people compare Wilson to Jay Cutler, Sam Bradford, Chad Pennington (lol Phil), and Kellen Clemens, among others. 

Question for the anti-Wilson crowd: Is there a formula or cheat sheet that I could use to come up with some of these names on my own? Do they come to you in a vision? Maybe from the Manatees on South Park? 

edit: Incidentally, Jay Cutler is 6'3. 

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Cute joke but they have absolutely nothing in common as signal callers - so you see why the joke is only cute because it’s stupid. You also dodged my question on who you’d rather us to go with. Yes. I noticed that.

Jay Cutler. Final answer.

• Haha 1

Just now, Irish Jet said:

So many people here desperate to see this kid fail - Desperate to spin objectively great play into something else.

Never rooted for someone more. 

My theory is that a lot people were burned by Sam failing here because they genuinely believed in him when he was drafted (as did I) and are just against the idea of using a 1st round draft pick on any QB not named Trevor Lawrence because, deep down, they fear getting hurt again. 

While I empathize (and even have some of the same feelings, to an extent), I think we just have to suck it up and try again. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

They don't need it 

Wilson drove door dash last summer to pay for training sessions that he drove 10 hours every weekend to get too. Just because his uncle is rich doesn’t mean he is. Even for you that’s a stupid thing to say. Don’t believe everything you read on the internet , which is crazy to say to someone in 2021 but here we are 

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

You can’t argue with these folks. 

Wilson played against weak competition but also had inferior receivers and RBs. 

Lawrence, Fields and Jones played tougher competition but had VASTLY superior talent. On both sides of the ball. 

Yeah that can easily be a heads-I-win-tails-you-lose argument.

Plenty of these clips - I admit I only watched one game so that's all I have from the others - involve him not in a comfy pocket (which is the other side of that coin when someone's not getting his feet set). By the time any QB under pressure stops, plants his feet just right, and takes a proper-motion in full, he's either sacked or the WR is no longer open enough, or both. 

That Inferior Talent door swings both ways.

9 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I have now seen JN people compare Wilson to Jay Cutler, Sam Bradford, Chad Pennington (lol Phil), and Kellen Clemens, among others. 

Question for the anti-Wilson crowd: Is there a formula or cheat sheet that I could use to come up with some of these names on my own? Do they come to you in a vision? Maybe from the Manatees on South Park? 

edit: Incidentally, Jay Cutler is 6'3. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick, but fascist.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

So many people here desperate to see this kid fail - Desperate to spin objectively great play into something else.

Never rooted for someone more. 

i doubt anyone here wants to see him fail if we draft him. but if you think all of his plays are nothing but great then you are the one who is not being objective. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, bitonti said:

They don't need it 

Does anyone here who has a rich uncle expect them to give you all their money? lol  

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

i doubt anyone here wants to see him fail if we draft him. but if you think all of his plays are nothing but great then you are the one who is not being objective. 

I am aware that he's not perfect. But the video is just nonsense as is a lot of the sh*t being thrown his way. You have a guy two posts away saying he's too f*cking rich.

And if you don't think people will want him to fail anyway you're delusional. Some probably have the post typed out for his first pick, saved to their drafts.