All Page 1 Zach Wilson Threads: MERGED

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

Did you actually watch some of the passes he made in those videos?  I mean seriously, did you watch them?  Because if you did you would stop with that line of reasoning because there are not too many quarterbacks who can make those throws.  I don't care who he is playing against.  Also the counter argument is wait until he has some real NFL receivers to work with.  I mean really don't know what some of you guys are looking at.  This kid could be a bust because nothing is guaranteed, there also things he will need to work on because it is true that comp on the next level will be a lot tougher.  Having said all of that, his arm talent, decision making, mobility and accuracy IS next level.   Joe Flacco, Ben Rothlisberger, Josh Allen and countless other quarterbacks came from schools who played against "inferior competition" compared to many other quarterbacks but that didn't stop them from becoming top quarterbacks in the league and it won't stop Wilson either. 

Big 12 isn’t know for defense either. It was actually a knock against Mahomes leading up to the draft. 

• Upvote 4
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Instead of explaining why we shouldn’t trade down ... I’ll just leave this here . U guys will like this @Mogglez @football guy 

Just say you paid for Matt Waldman’s RSP and be done with it.

Who cares if u didnt hear of him until this morning.  He has tons of talent and is being hand picked by very smart individuals like Joe D and Coach Saleh. Its amazing we are going to have a qb wi

Posted Images

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Throw in Purdue, Illinois, Michigan State and Nebraska and it will even things out.😃

Wait is this helping or hurting your argument regarding NFL caliber defenses

• Haha 1
40 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Hey I’m all for giving your guy a chance. Especially with the rules. Bound to get PI. 
But there’s giving a chance and being stupid. We’ll see. 

And the play you specifically called out isn’t stupid unless he under throws it....

1 hour ago, QB1 said:

So by that logic Joe Burrow shouldn’t have been drafted 

Other than one of those guys dominating the SEC and the other guy getting throttled by Coastal Carolina, this would be a good comparison 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Morrissey said:

‘Throttled”

it’s almost like you didn’t watch a second of that game 

I haven’t gotten around to my film study of Coastal Carolina, I will admit

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

I don't care who he is playing against. 

Well, at least we've identified your evaluation problem.

Be assured, you WILL care about who he's playing against at the NFL level.

Because NFL DB's can actually cover.

The future Amazon delivery truck drivers at DB for North Alabama.....not so much.

Even a casual perusal shows that Wilsons receivers were often 3-5 or more yards open vs. their pathetic opponents DB's

That simply isn't going to happen at the NFL level.

I'd say that no QB prospect in this draft will have a biggest challenge to overcome that Wilson does going from North Alabama DB's or NFL DB's.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
32 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Wait is this helping or hurting your argument regarding NFL caliber defenses

Was just adding to @kdels62 post defending Wilson. Pointing out that the Big 10 has a bunch of sh*tty defenses, all of whom a certain QB in the discussion got to pad his stats against.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Jets fans talking themselves into the greatness of a QB prospect who was on the verge of being a college backup six months ago is priceless

Is it bad that I’m already kinda looking forward to 2 years from now when the Wilson tribe is trying to hype up the next guy to us??

• Upvote 1

Zach Wilson is going to have weapons with the Jets and will be awesome. Think about our WRs compared to BYU's receivers. Wilson will put up monster numbers. Can't wait to draft this kid.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, JETSY14 said:

What kind of statement is that... Byu's best opponent was coastal Carolina. Look at who Clemson and Ohio State played

Coastal Carolina was way better this past season than most of the opponents those 2 schools played. Just lazy analysis

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 1
1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

Ask yourself, how do you think Zach Wilson looks against Alabama, Ohio St., or even the Clemson team from this past season?

Does he get to play alongside Alabama, Ohio State, or Clemson level talent?

Or are we saying it's BYU v Alabama, which is basically Hawkeye vs Thanos. 

• Upvote 3
2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

What are the chances that Wilson will put up Watson’s numbers? 

What's your point? I was all for Watson but what exactly do you want the Jets to do in the current situation hes in?

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, AFJF said:

The people who say "OMG, he's playing against a bunch of cashiers and truck drivers" oddly dismiss the fact that he's THROWING to a bunch of cashiers and truck drivers.

Even seeing the passes he misses on, I think of him making the same throw to Denzel Mims or Corey Davis and I can see why people are projecting him to the Jets at 2.

Some of his best 'wow' throws are incompletions. Dax Milne looks decent but the rest of the receivers, not so much. 

21 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

Is it bad that I’m already kinda looking forward to 2 years from now when the Wilson tribe is trying to hype up the next guy to us??

And if Wilson comes in and sucks then 2 years is perfect for moving on and accepting the sunk cost. Wilson (and Fields) are still worth the pick.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Yes. Look at them. Any of them close to Clemson or OSU talent wise? 

Could a super team made up of Michigan State, Rutgers, Nebraska, Penn State players match up to Ohio State? 

Clemson is light years ahead of the ACC except Notre Dame. 

There’s a reason why Wilson threw more passes in tight coverage than the other QBs.

Kind of a silly post.  Both players have historic performances vs power house programs.  And sure maybe the teams they played weren’t as good as them each week but they were playing guys we are talking about in the draft forum who will be playing on Sunday. 
Honest question, did Wilson face a single player who going to be drafted?

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Funny thing is, every time he throws it "up for grabs", one of his receivers grabs it.  Could it be that he's putting the ball in a spot where only his guy can get it?  A trait Jets fans been screaming for their quarterback to have for years now?

No don't be silly, he played nobody. If he was wearing an Ohio st helmet and was playing against a world beater such as Purdue or Nebraska, those pin point accurate ropes would have been ducks taken for 6 the other way 🙄

52 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Other than one of those guys dominating the SEC and the other guy getting throttled by Coastal Carolina, this would be a good comparison 

LSU fielded an NFL team that year... 

33 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The future Amazon delivery truck drivers at DB for North Alabama.....not so much.

Even a casual perusal shows that Wilsons receivers were often 3-5 or more yards open vs. their pathetic opponents DB's

I'd say that no QB prospect in this draft will have a biggest challenge to overcome that Wilson does going from North Alabama DB's or NFL DB's.

The idea that Wilson’s receivers were more open than OSUs or Clemsons is laughable 

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Ask yourself, how do you think Zach Wilson looks against Alabama, Ohio St., or even the Clemson team from this past season?

With BYU? The game wouldn’t be watchable and you would learn literally nothing about Wilson’s ability. Now Ask yourself this, how do you think Wilson would look if he was QB on one of those teams? 

• Upvote 1
42 minutes ago, Warfish said:

He’s also going from BYU WRers to NFL WRers. Just look at CC tape above. There’s 3-4 big drops from his wide outs.

Why are people pretending like coming from a school like BYU is like landing on Mars? There’s a long list of good QBs from small schools.

5 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

With BYU? The game wouldn’t be watchable and you would learn literally nothing about Wilson’s ability. Now Ask yourself this, how do you think Wilson would look if he was QB on one of those teams? 

Leave Clemson and TL out of this for a moment. Ask the OSU or Alabama WR's and TE's who they'd rather have played with.

"there are not too many quarterbacks who can make those throws.  I don't care who he is playing against."  (on edit) this is the Jet Blue quote I wanted shown

I saw the same thing when I watched Wilson's highlight reel that you did JetBlue. I saw pinpoint accuracy from a QB putting the ball in places that give only the receiver the best chance to make the catch and not the defender 

• Upvote 1
  • Maxman changed the title to All Page 1 Zach Wilson Threads: MERGED