Jump to content

All Page 1 Zach Wilson Threads: MERGED


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

Wilson drove door dash last summer to pay for training sessions that he drove 10 hours every weekend to get too. Just because his uncle is rich doesn’t mean he is. Even for you that’s a stupid thing to say. Don’t believe everything you read on the internet , which is crazy to say to someone in 2021 but here we are 

@bitonti probably took a door dash delivery from Zach Wilson and didn’t even know him, prob didn’t even tip and he has the audacity to say this 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Instead of explaining why we shouldn’t trade down ... I’ll just leave this here . U guys will like this @Mogglez @football guy 

Because this thread isn’t the only place where it happens. Post a film review?  It’s a race to see how quickly it can be derailed by children who are upset that the Jets might not get them their

Just say you paid for Matt Waldman’s RSP and be done with it.

Posted Images

Just now, Tranquilo said:

@bitonti probably took a door dash delivery from Zach Wilson and didn’t even know him, prob didn’t even tip and he has the audacity to say this 

Probably left a 1 star rating too. If Sewell was delivering though it would be a 5 star, even if the food was cold!

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got no issue with the jump ball critique -- or at least questioning it. Totally fair. The CB had good enough position that it could've been picked off or batted away, and at the next level that's more likely to happen than with some db on the Houston Cougars who once picked off a pass against Prairie View A&M early in the 2019 season. At the same time, if the great Dax Milne gets more - or earlier - separation maybe this throw doesn't need to be this close in the first place. 

Milne might not even get drafted, and has no shot at getting taken early, so that inferior talent is on both sides of the ball. But it's totally fair that this 1st & 10 attempt would be used against Wilson if it'd been picked off instead of the cb whiffing and then falling down to instead make it a highlight reel throw. 

To me it's more important that the throw was right there. If all his decision-making was lucky jump ball stuff that'd be one thing. Discipline can come with experience (I hate using outlier examples, but Peyton Manning - as polished a prospect as there'd been to that date - threw almost 30 picks as a rookie. We used to say that was a young QB taking his lumps as though it was a necessary growth path.

So if Wilson's too stupid or stubborn to learn to play with more self-control as he gains experience - assuming he's the guy Douglas drafts - then we'll draft someone else later. The rest of the team's young core should still be intact; this isn't the only pick arrow in the Jets' quiver for the next 2-3 drafts. 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

i like how the wilson fanbois are making excuses and saying it's nitpicky to point out potential problems. he isn't wrong on a lot of these things. some of these throws, and lack of seeing the field could present a problem in the nfl. you guys have to understand wilson is not a blue chip prospect by any means. he could very well bust in the nfl

Dude, every prospect can be a bust. Are you suggesting we wait until the next generational prospect like Lawrence or luck or manning comes out and pray we have the #1 pick? 

Bottom line, we don’t have a qb and, therefore, we don’t have any shot at competing. You keep taking a shot until you find one. And yes, I get there are concerns, you don’t have to rehash them.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I've got no issue with the jump ball critique -- or at least questioning it. Totally fair. The CB had good enough position that it could've been picked off or batted away, and at the next level that's more likely to happen than with some db on the Houston Cougars who once picked off a pass against Prairie View A&M early in the 2019 season. At the same time, if the great Dax Milne gets more - or earlier - separation maybe this throw doesn't need to be this close in the first place. 

Milne might not even get drafted, and has no shot at getting taken early, so that inferior talent is on both sides of the ball. But it's totally fair that this 1st & 10 attempt would be used against Wilson if it'd been picked off instead of the cb whiffing and then falling down to instead make it a highlight reel throw. 

To me it's more important that the throw was right there. If all his decision-making was lucky jump ball stuff that'd be one thing. Discipline can come with experience (I hate using outlier examples, but Peyton Manning - as polished a prospect as there'd been to that date - threw almost 30 picks as a rookie. We used to say that was a young QB taking his lumps as though it was a necessary growth path.

So if Wilson's too stupid or stubborn to learn to play with more self-control as he gains experience - assuming he's the guy Douglas drafts - then we'll draft someone else later. The rest of the team's young core should still be intact; this isn't the only pick arrow in the Jets' quiver for the next 2-3 drafts. 

What you don’t see are the head scratching throws into double coverage, ignoring open wrs/rbs to throw to covered wrs and fundamentally inaccurate throws at all levels of the field.  In other words his tape looks nothing like darnold’s tape. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Zach Wilson, Josh Rosen and Johnny manziel

What do these 3 quarterback prospects have in common? 

They don't need it 

Pat Mahomes' dad is was a professional baseball player. Patty boy had the silver spoon. 

Andrew Luck's father is very wealthy

Christian McCaffrey father..

Chris & Kyle Long...

Plenty of fair reasons to criticize a prospect. Don't think this is one of them. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Zach Wilson, Josh Rosen and Johnny manziel

What do these 3 quarterback prospects have in common? 

They don't need it 

Neither did they.

B3-BO593_bkrvGW_P_20180830165008.jpg

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Dude, every prospect can be a bust. Are you suggesting we wait until the next generational prospect like Lawrence or luck or manning comes out and pray we have the #1 pick? 

Bottom line, we don’t have a qb and, therefore, we don’t have any shot at competing. You keep taking a shot until you find one. And yes, I get there are concerns, you don’t have to rehash them.

100% Agree, you keep taking QBs until you find one. Darnold is not the answer, so try Wilson and see if he is the answer. Either way, we have to give Saleh and Douglas a shot with a QB they selected. 

Zach Wilson 100%, restart the salary clock and build around the kid. Trade Darnold and get what you can.

LL

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

What you don’t see are the head scratching throws into double coverage, ignoring open wrs/rbs to throw to covered wrs and fundamentally inaccurate throws at all levels of the field.  In other words his tape looks nothing like darnold’s tape. 

I'm not getting that deep into it. Just that it's not an unfair critique. If the pass is picked off no one's saying what a great throw or decision Wilson made there.

And I'm saying this as someone perfectly fine with drafting him at #2, based on the limited amount of footage I've seen (one game plus a half dozen highlight play clips). Someone else's job to assess further nuance, and the GM's job to get it right. I have a job already.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Of all Wilson's off the field faults, his great wealth is actually the scariest 

The question isn't will he get hurt. The question is how many concussions will he take before he retires early? He does not need this and there are easier ways to make a living 

Leaving the game because your brain has been damaged and it will destroy your life is a plus.  You have to be an a$$hole to want a QB to take a beating to his brain and stick around.  Any player we draft at 2 will be rich.  Any player who gets multiple concussions I would applaud them leaving the game to preserve their future.  What kind of fan wants to see a guy they root for concussed multiple times and continue to take it?

I get you hate the kid.  I would hope the guys you root for you would want what's best for them even if it means getting out to protect their health.  You're way better than this post.  Dial it back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

I'm not getting that deep into it. Just that it's not an unfair critique. If the pass is picked off no one's saying what a great throw or decision Wilson made there.

And I'm saying this as someone perfectly fine with drafting him at #2, based on the limited amount of footage I've seen (one game plus a half dozen highlight play clips). 

i agree with you, but when you look at wilson's throws, you're trying to evaluate the quality of the throw based on the relative talent of the offense and defense.  in certain instances the outcome of a particular play becomes secondary to the decision and the placement of the throw.  wilson should not be lauded or criticized based on how good or bad his wrs are.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Pat Mahomes' dad is was a professional baseball player. Patty boy had the silver spoon. 

Andrew Luck's father is very wealthy

Christian McCaffrey father..

Chris & Kyle Long...

Plenty of fair reasons to criticize a prospect. Don't think this is one of them. 

The sons of hall of fame or even professional athletes is a slightly different situation. That's called bloodline and it's considered a positive among scouts. Dan Klecko is a tough son of a B because he's part Joe. Mahomes understands the locker room because he grew up in one. 

But those kids wash out too. Look at John Elway son and many others. 

The Jets often make the mistake of drafting a quarterback with no special physical attributes. Chad, Sanchez, darnold, there's nothing really elite about them as athletes. But they all took their beatings because they needed the money 

Look up Chris borland. These kids are willing to walk away from the game alot easier. Zach wilson loves football? He's not big enough to shrug off this beating. He's not big Ben or Josh Allen. Let's see how much he loves it after a year as Jets qb1. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The sons of hall of fame or even professional athletes is a slightly different situation. That's called bloodline and it's considered a positive among scouts. Dan Klecko is a tough son of a B because he's part Joe. Mahomes understands the locker room because he grew up in one. 

But those kids wash out too. Look at John Elway son and many others. 

The Jets often make the mistake of drafting a quarterback with no special physical attributes. Chad, Sanchez, darnold, there's nothing really elite about them as athletes. But they all took their beatings because they needed the money 

Look up Chris borland. These kids are willing to walk away from the game alot easier. Zach wilson loves football? He's not big enough to shrug off this beating. He's not big Ben or Josh Allen. Let's see how much he loves it after a year as Jets qb1. 

 

the only qb in recent memory to walk away before he was truly done as a qb was luck, ironically.  people thought rosen would, but that's a different scenario b/c he sucked from the start and was never destined to be a starting nfl qb.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

 You're way better than this post.  Dial it back.

 

The game chews through these guys. I didn't make the league. 

To rephrase it, this player has seen zero adversity, beaten no one legit, been in a perfect situation. Byu is a comfy place to be Zach wilson. It's perfectly designed for dudes who look like him. 

The Jets quarterback job is like being the star of the horror movie. Survival is the goal from scene to scene. It's not going to be sunshine and roses. The roster is still terrible. 

The way this team is constructed, Zach wilson is going to catch a beating. as would Justin fields or TL. Whoever the 2 pick is won't be able to sit a year and lift weights 

Out of all the teams needing qbs the Jets is the highest difficulty job with the least help. I just don't think he's physically tough enough or will even like living here. 

That doesn’t mean I hope he plays with concussions until he turns into Troy Aikman 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Zach Wilson, Josh Rosen and Johnny manziel

What do these 3 quarterback prospects have in common? 

They don't need it 

Zach is actually a student of the game and is really all about football per his interviews. Driving 10 hours just to train. Rosen was an entitled jerk who was actually a decent tennis player and not committed only to football. Manziel was a party guy, drug user, who has actually been diagnosed with a true psychiatric illness. You are really grasping at straws here.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

the only qb in recent memory to walk away before he was truly done as a qb was luck, ironically.  people thought rosen would, but that's a different scenario b/c he sucked from the start and was never destined to be a starting nfl qb.  

Someone just listed luck in the his dad is rich argument... As if retiring before 30 is a good outcome for 1.1

The colts also waited too long to build their line. Some people just say screw this. It happens every year 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The sons of hall of fame or even professional athletes is a slightly different situation. That's called bloodline and it's considered a positive among scouts. Dan Klecko is a tough son of a B because he's part Joe. Mahomes understands the locker room because he grew up in one. 

But those kids wash out too. Look at John Elway son and many others. 

The Jets often make the mistake of drafting a quarterback with no special physical attributes. Chad, Sanchez, darnold, there's nothing really elite about them as athletes. But they all took their beatings because they needed the money 

Look up Chris borland. These kids are willing to walk away from the game alot easier. Zach wilson loves football? He's not big enough to shrug off this beating. He's not big Ben or Josh Allen. Let's see how much he loves it after a year as Jets qb1. 

A lot of the stuff we read this time of year about 'prospect mental traits/habits' is to be taken with a grain of salt. So when I read that Wilson is a film junkie that doesn't play video games and is obsessed with the sport, I understand that's likely coming from his agent.

It comes down to talent. Wilson has far better arm talent than Chad, Sanchez & Darnold. And I actually really like his pocket presence/movement.

I'm a late convert. I respect the kids game. 

The 'came from money' thing is overrated. You nor I, can tell if he loves the game. I don't want a quarterback who doesn't love the game. We don't have access to information like that, so I think it's a waste of time to speculate based solely on his parents net worth as opposed to say, Johnny Manziel who we know loved cocaine, booze and partying - which was an actual red flag.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Headline: “Justin Fields has legendary night after rib injury.”

 

E50DDCC2-8A8A-4347-8243-89E284998F10.jpeg

Exactly, now you're getting it.

Wilson's being beat up from an injury for which he didn't miss any time - played through an injury, toughed it out - after the season got it fixed - he's a pussy and injury prone for that... 

Fields gets hurt, plays through it - deals with it after the season - Hero for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yeah that can easily be a heads-I-win-tails-you-lose argument.

Plenty of these clips - I admit I only watched one game so that's all I have from the others - involve him not in a comfy pocket (which is the other side of that coin when someone's not getting his feet set). By the time any QB under pressure stops, plants his feet just right, and takes a proper-motion in full, he's either sacked or the WR is no longer open enough, or both. 

That Inferior Talent door swings both ways.

Exactly-- the inferior talent as well as the superior talent the other way.

Wilson played cupcakes but his best receiver is a 7th rounder at best but more likely an UDFA.

Fields was throwing to Chris Olave, Garret Wilson and Jeremy Ruckert, was handing off to Trey Sermon and Master Teague, his line included Wyatt Davis and Josh Meyers--all of them 1st or 2nd day draft picks and his defense is littered with future NFL starters.  

You can't only look at one side and say "see?!?" 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Barkus said:

Zach is actually a student of the game and is really all about football per his interviews. Driving 10 hours just to train. Rosen was an entitled jerk who was actually a decent tennis player and not committed only to football. Manziel was a party guy, drug user, who has actually been diagnosed with a true psychiatric illness. You are really grasping at straws here.

And yet all those guys found a team in Rd 1 to believe in them.

Do we really know anything about Zach wilson the person? Other than his public relations machine is amazing. 

Zach wilson does not even know who Zach wilson is yet, few do at 21. that's why the draft is so unpredictable. 

The dude has never been tested under the big lights. He might get there realize that he has other options and take those options 

This is not a personal attack on wilson. Somewhere there's a scouting report on bo Jackson and deion sanders that lists baseball as a negative. Scouts don't want guys who have other options. 

I did not make it up 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FidelioJet said:

 

Wilson's being beat up from an injury for which he didn't miss any time - played through an injury, toughed it out - after the season got it fixed - he's a pussy and injury prone for that... 

 

I think it's the headband that is confusing these folks.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

Wilson drove door dash last summer to pay for training sessions that he drove 10 hours every weekend to get too. Just because his uncle is rich doesn’t mean he is. Even for you that’s a stupid thing to say. Don’t believe everything you read on the internet , which is crazy to say to someone in 2021 but here we are 

I heard he took the Door Dash job because it was his best chance to finally meet a member of an ethnic minority before he got to the NFL. 

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

So for anyone who thinks that Darnold versus Wilson will be horrible for the development of Zach, please listen to the first 10 minutes and educate yourself.  He will thrive in that spot, if that is the situation 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Dude, every prospect can be a bust. Are you suggesting we wait until the next generational prospect like Lawrence or luck or manning comes out and pray we have the #1 pick? 

Bottom line, we don’t have a qb and, therefore, we don’t have any shot at competing. You keep taking a shot until you find one. And yes, I get there are concerns, you don’t have to rehash them.

lol. first of all i said in one of my posts that i am not against taking zach wilson. i've also said in the past that i trust chris simms' analysis and if he likes him then thats a great endorsement. so i'm not allowed to talk about any of the concerns about drafting the guy? i'm sorry, i didnt realize these discussions were solely to get together and circle jerk eachother about how great zach wilson is

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

 it's a waste of time to speculate based solely on his parents net worth as opposed to say, Johnny Manziel who we know loved cocaine, booze and partying - which was an actual red flag.

Ah yes Dan Marino had the cocaina red flag as well. But I guess that was the 80s 

This is the highest draft pick this team has had since the 90s there's nothing off limits in terms of speculation 

If Zach wilson really is this pure, how is he going to live in Sodom aka NYC? Carson Wentz moved to the sticks of Central jersey and bought a 15 acre plot of land so he could pretend it was north Dakota 

It's not that I hate wilson. I just hate him here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I am aware that he's not perfect. But the video is just nonsense as is a lot of the sh*t being thrown his way. You have a guy two posts away saying he's too f*cking rich.

And if you don't think people will want him to fail anyway you're delusional. Some probably have the post typed out for his first pick, saved to their drafts. 

if you think it's nonsense then thats cool. i think the guy made some reasonable points. i don't think any of it disqulaifies wilson from being our pick......but there are legit issues that can crop up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Exactly, now you're getting it.

Wilson's being beat up from an injury for which he didn't miss any time - played through an injury, toughed it out - after the season got it fixed - he's a pussy and injury prone for that... 

Fields gets hurt, plays through it - deals with it after the season - Hero for it.

Fields got hit to the point the guy got ejected. Dude was seriously trying to knock him out of the game, that was 100% a 70’s NFL era knockout shot. Not sure he got treatment  for it but he got up and whooped Trevor Lawrence and the vaunted Clems Tigers asses. Historic performance. That impressed me. 
Yet, maybe I’m being a little harsh on Wilson. Any kid that plays QB at that level and be considered a top NFL pick is a tough kid. I just do t think he’s toughest enough for the next level. I could very well be wrong. But I do 100% believe Fields is after watching the Clemson game.

Too be fair I’m the same fat doofus that wanted Sam after his Rose Bowl performance. So this may likely be more of a me problem than a Wilson problem. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

So many people here desperate to see this kid fail - Desperate to spin objectively great play into something else.

Never rooted for someone more. 

What a silly post.

No one here is "rooting" for Wilson to fail if he is, in fact, the #2 pick of the Jets.

You can be assured, even his loudest critics and most dedicated doubters will root their asses off for him come gameday Sunday.

This is the same stupid sh*t we had to put up with about Darnold.  Any doubts, any criticism, any analysis beyond "wow, so dreamy!" got a version of this kind of post.  And the doubters were 100% accurate in that case.

People are capable of two separate and distinct thoughts at once, 1. they have doubts about a player and 2. they really want that player to do well for their team and prove their doubts wrong.

We're Jets Fans.  We root for our QB and our Team.*

(*exception, Mike Vick the Dogkiller, I did not root for him).

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Warfish said:

 

We're Jets Fans.  We root for our QB and our Team.*

(*exception, Mike Vick the Dogkiller, I did not root for him).

Tbh, I could not stand Geno or Tebow.

But other than that, I was good.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, bitonti said:

 

The game chews through these guys. I didn't make the league. 

To rephrase it, this player has seen zero adversity, beaten no one legit, been in a perfect situation. Byu is a comfy place to be Zach wilson. It's perfectly designed for dudes who look like him. 

The Jets quarterback job is like being the star of the horror movie. Survival is the goal from scene to scene. It's not going to be sunshine and roses. The roster is still terrible. 

The way this team is constructed, Zach wilson is going to catch a beating. as would Justin fields or TL. Whoever the 2 pick is won't be able to sit a year and lift weights 

Out of all the teams needing qbs the Jets is the highest difficulty job with the least help. I just don't think he's physically tough enough or will even like living here. 

That doesn’t mean I hope he plays with concussions until he turns into Troy Aikman 

 

 

I take it you think Namath shouldn't have been drafted.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

Tbh, I could not stand Geno or Tebow.

But other than that, I was good.  

I thought Geno sucked, one of the worst QB's of my lifetime, and I said so daily on the forums, and I still rooted my balls off for him on Sundays.  Tebow was so here-then-gone it's almost a LOL, but for that brief moment I hoped maybe he wasn't the joke we all knew he was at the Pro level.

Mike Vick is the only Jets player I have ever not actively rooted for.  I tolerated his time here, and rooted for the team, but not for him personally.  Not my favorite period of Jets history tbqh.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...