All Page 1 Zach Wilson Threads: MERGED

AFJF

11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Ah yes Dan Marino had the cocaina red flag as well. But I guess that was the 80s 

This is the highest draft pick this team has had since the 90s there's nothing off limits in terms of speculation 

If Zach wilson really is this pure, how is he going to live in Sodom aka NYC? Carson Wentz moved to the sticks of Central jersey and bought a 15 acre plot of land so he could pretend it was north Dakota 

It's not that I hate wilson. I just hate him here. 

These guys have such carefully crafted images, especially at this very moment when so much is one the line, that I don't think you nor I have the access or information to make a judgment on anything about them off-the-field.

I brought up Manziel because he basically telegraphed his off-the-field faults before/during the time he went through this process. When prospects are stupid enough to do that, it's fair game. 

But with this guy? Who knows?

Zach Wilson might be a pillar of the community... that gets three massages a week during the season and randomly selects one of those three women to get the ol' Provo salute. 

We've got no idea.

My point is - the silver spoon thing? That shouldn't even be considered. 

15 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

So for anyone who thinks that Darnold versus Wilson will be horrible for the development of Zach, please listen to the first 10 minutes and educate yourself.  He will thrive in that spot, if that is the situation 

Do we really need to see Darnold cry?  At this point he should be free of the NY Jets.  He took enough of a beating to have this fragile egg who looks like a twink kill him in a camp competition.  If you like Darnold don't subject him to this final humiliation with the Jets. 

44 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i agree with you, but when you look at wilson's throws, you're trying to evaluate the quality of the throw based on the relative talent of the offense and defense.  in certain instances the outcome of a particular play becomes secondary to the decision and the placement of the throw.  wilson should not be lauded or criticized based on how good or bad his wrs are.

Again I'm not against drafting him -- at this point I'm honestly in favor of it, but I couldn't say him vs. Fields vs. ____ with any "I'd be my life on it" certainty. I'm in no position to say which one is the best choice, other than one of them will be and we shouldn't be taking our 2nd/3rd/5th choice at QB so we can recoup an extra future 1st rounder of unknown draft slot.

But it's a fair critique on this particular play when one of his longest TD passes could have just as easily been picked off or swatted away without the need for an OMG/impossible play by the corner. And it wasn't on 4th & long with the team trailing by 3 TDs like when Mahomes did it in the SB. 

So, fair critique on that one play, but that one play doesn't disqualify him on its face. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

So for anyone who thinks that Darnold versus Wilson will be horrible for the development of Zach, please listen to the first 10 minutes and educate yourself.  He will thrive in that spot, if that is the situation 

Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed this video. It answers some of the questions I have about the type of dude he is. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

“The Fact Is” was meant as a figure of speech and not literal.  If you want to be literal police than nothing you stated is “Fact” either.  We can’t get into the minds of NFL teams.  

With that said, I believe Wilson being picked at 2 is as close to a fact right now as we can get with something like an NFL draft.  I believe barring something external happening (not football related) it’s a certainty.

i really don’t want to get into a language usage debate through....so I apologize for that....

We do completely agree though that the hate for the kid has something more to it,  I’m not sure I can put my finger on it but I hope it stops when he’s a Jet. 
unfortunately it won’t.  There are too many people so dug in right now that they’ll be hoping this kid fails just to be proven right.  And that’s just sad.  

This board is going to be unbearable when he has some early struggles.  Celebrating Jet losses will be bigger than last year.  

Come on dude stop it. Fact is not a figure of speech.  Facts are facts; it is okay to admit if you misspoke. I really don't get why so many folks get so defensive all the time.  We all make mistakes dude it is okay, really lol.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

The bangals needed a qb and they drafted one I am not saying they shouldn't have taken him more that the jury is still out if it was worth taking him.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Well considering it has only been one year, I would somewhat agree, but as poor as his oline was, at it was very bad, he still showed flashes of excellence and enough potential that I am sure they like where they are as far as the position goes.  Of course he must continue to progress but Burrow right now is the least of their worries.  

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Of all Wilson's off the field faults, his great wealth is actually the scariest 

The question isn't will he get hurt. The question is how many concussions will he take before he retires early? He does not need this and there are easier ways to make a living 

Of all the nit picking his supposed great wealth, uncles great wealth is the most ridiculous knock.  It basically some dumb ass knock you throw out there for no real reason.  

Now you assume that because, well I dont know why, he will pile up concussions?  And then because his uncle owns JetBlue, he'll retire early?  LOL. Only people who need money play sports.  Anyone with money wont put in the work etc.  

We need a list of family finances to scout players now?  Do you know about Mahomes family $$?  His father played in the MLB.  How about others?  You think your list of those with money, rich ones who failed is it?  Is there a parallel or are you just blowing hot air looking for something to bitch about.  

This is the "I cant think of anything to knock with his game so...."

• Post of the Week 2

10 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Come on dude stop it. Fact is not a figure of speech.  Facts are facts; it is okay to admit if you misspoke. I really don't get why so many folks get so defensive all the time.  We all make mistakes dude it is okay, really lol.  

You're sticking the language police role.  Good for you.  I applaud you for that. 

Where would a chat board be without the semantics cops? Anarchy is the answer!

So I say thank you!

1 hour ago, adobolo2 said:

Never agreed with that argument, did the Payton and Eli need it?

Pretty much every NFL starter doesn't need it by the time they finish their second contract.  Yet they keep playing.  Brady, doesn't need it.  Rodgers, doesn't need it.  Russell Wilson doesn't need it.  Brees didn't need it.  Roethlisberger doesn't need it...

36 minutes ago, Warfish said:

What a silly post.

No one here is "rooting" for Wilson to fail if he is, in fact, the #2 pick of the Jets.

You can be assured, even his loudest critics and most dedicated doubters will root their asses off for him come gameday Sunday.

This is the same stupid sh*t we had to put up with about Darnold.  Any doubts, any criticism, any analysis beyond "wow, so dreamy!" got a version of this kind of post.  And the doubters were 100% accurate in that case.

People are capable of two separate and distinct thoughts at once, 1. they have doubts about a player and 2. they really want that player to do well for their team and prove their doubts wrong.

We're Jets Fans.  We root for our QB and our Team.*

(*exception, Mike Vick the Dogkiller, I did not root for him).

Are you so sure about that?

I know not you, but in general...I've seen too many people really dig their heels in on this one.

Do you honestly believe when he falters early (and he will) there won't be a whole of people relishing in it? Declaring victory around here? A lot of I told you so's...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

You're sticking the language police role.  Good for you.  I applaud you for that. 

Where would a chat board be without the semantics cops? Anarchy is the answer!

So I say thank you!

Whatever man.  That is part of problem with communication in the world today, people proclaiming their opinion as facts.  Believe or not, words actually matter.  You want take shots at me, for pointing this out, knock yourself out.   Hopefully you (and everyone else you continue to do this) will stop stating your opinions as facts going forward. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I know not you, but in general...I've seen too many people really dig their heels in on this one.

Do you honestly believe when he falters early (and he will) there won't be a whole of people relishing in it? Declaring victory around here? A lot of I told you so's...

Yes, I am sure.

Yes, people also like to be right and are stubborn on opinions when they are challenged.

Yes, I think people who doubt (we'll use Darnold) will remind folks they were right about Darnold when Darnold sucks.  When their argument is supported, they'll crow.  That's what people do.  See the item above about "being right".

No, I don't think any Jets Fan would rather be right, and a loser, than wrong, and a champion.  I'd give up ever being right about football ever again if it meant a Super Bowl in my lifetime.  And I think every doubter/cynic/critic/whatever feels the same way.

End of the day, this is just another "Homers are the real Fans, Critics aren't real fans" debate, and it's silly.  Like I said. 

• Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yep 100%. That’s why I’m getting all mine out now. If we draft him it’s gonna be ,” ride or die.” With the little fella. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

The sons of hall of fame or even professional athletes is a slightly different situation. That's called bloodline and it's considered a positive among scouts. Dan Klecko is a tough son of a B because he's part Joe. Mahomes understands the locker room because he grew up in one. 

But those kids wash out too. Look at John Elway son and many others. 

The Jets often make the mistake of drafting a quarterback with no special physical attributes. Chad, Sanchez, darnold, there's nothing really elite about them as athletes. But they all took their beatings because they needed the money 

Look up Chris borland. These kids are willing to walk away from the game alot easier. Zach wilson loves football? He's not big enough to shrug off this beating. He's not big Ben or Josh Allen. Let's see how much he loves it after a year as Jets qb1. 

This "Dad is wealthy" knock is a huge reach, In my opinion.  This kid is driven.  He is a worker.  And if he is so rich, why was he doing Door Dash?

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

I will probably giggle... But my enjoyment of our team is not tied to our success... In fact it may be more tied to our failure....

What can I say I like a little abuse.... I mean I married a Pats fan....

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, bitonti said:

How much time do you have? 

Six million ways to bash Zach wilson, choose one 

It's hard to be the champ when you're sleeping in silk pajamas is a stigma that holds for fighting and fighting only. You're just transferring it over baselessly and you know it. Plenty of rich kids have done just fine. This is that time of year when you get ridiculous and that's fine but I won't have you sully fighting like this.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1