All Page 1 Zach Wilson Threads: MERGED

AFJF

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Zach, if you are reading this, you can be a 49er with minimal effort. Don’t let the system bully you, son.

If I recall, you called Fields “Mocha Trubisky.” So you’re out on Wilson and Fields, and Watson is a predator. What’s your plan D? 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Young says later in the interview he has talked to Jets coaches and it’s clear the Jets are “locked in” on Wilson. (Jets passing game coordinator Greg Knapp was one of Young’s coaches with the 49ers.)

Young also called Wilson a “generational talent.”

The whole interview is a good listen, but Steve goes on to contradict himself that this move “has to be for Wilson”...he seems emotionally attached to wanting his 49ees to get his Mormon BYU QB.  But nobody can give any good reason why the Jets themselves wouldn’t just take Zach.

I think Steve Young is an excellent analyst so him calling Zach Wilson a generational talent really gets me excited...but he also may be biased due to all of his BYU Mormon ties.

but having Chris Simms and Steve Young believe in Zach wilson gives the prospect a lot of credibility in my eyes

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, David Harris said:

That Steve Young interview is in the nail in the coffin. 

Jax has made their intentions clear they are taking Trevor Lawrence. And every single arrow points to the Jets taking Zach Wilson. 

Mormons stick together and I am certain Steve Young, the Mormon former BYU QB whose book Zach wilson listened to on his drives to California, has spoken to Zachs family.  Him saying the Jets have recruited Zach Wilson’s family is a BIG nugget.

Its happening.

The second we saw Saleh not attend the Fields Pro Day it was over. 

When you look at what Zach Wilson is going to walk into day 1 on the Jets vs what Mac or Fields gets when selected by the Niners this pick has a very high chance to look bad for a few years. 

Hoping Zach has some very thick skin. Really hope we sit this kid the first few games. I am even fine keeping Sam and trading him at the deadline incase some QB gets hurt. Zach really shouldn't be starting day 1

• Upvote 1

Just now, Shockwave said:

When you look at what Zach Wilson is going to walk into day 1 on the Jets vs what Mac or Fields gets when selected by the Niners this pick has a very high chance to look bad for a few years. 

Hoping Zach has some very thick skin. Really hope we sit this kid the first few games. I am even fine keeping Sam and trading him at the deadline incase some QB gets hurt. Zach really shouldn't be starting day 1

Pretty sure his wife was giving birth. I don't think we should read into that. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, David Harris said:

That Steve Young interview is in the nail in the coffin. 

Jax has made their intentions clear they are taking Trevor Lawrence. And every single arrow points to the Jets taking Zach Wilson. 

Mormons stick together and I am certain Steve Young, the Mormon former BYU QB whose book Zach wilson listened to on his drives to California, has spoken to Zachs family.  Him saying the Jets have recruited Zach Wilson’s family is a BIG nugget.

Its happening.

I think a lot of Christians and  Jewish people and even athiests stick together too, but the LDS community is smaller and  Young is almost certainly involved as a mentor/adviser to Zack and his family and probably for a while trying to pump him up for the 49ers but this would seem to really confirm it. 

On the serious side, I am not surprised actually by the recruit the family bit. Let's face it JD made promised to Sam's family and did not follow through at all. I am sure the Wilsons prefer not to see get sacked 6 times a game and run for his life. It's not sexy but I could even see the Jets go oline with the next 3 picks after Zack.

I still have my conspiracy theory that Zack was told he was the Jets pick at this Pro Day. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Salah was at the birth of his 7th child that day, he's probably only been at one QB pro day before that (wilson's) so you could argue he's seen enough children been born and so fields pro day was more important ?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Funny thing about the Fields Pro Day is that I think NFLN wanted to create a "will they take Zach or Justin scenario" so they panned to JD a couple times and he looked pissed once and bored the other, as opposed to the goofy smile he had at Zach's Pro Day. 

Can we all say the three year prayer together. 

Dear God in heaven,

Please let us not care about drafting the next hyped QB in three years time. Please let us draft some dumb ass DT at 31 and JD and Saleh are not fired or on the hot seat. I can no longer take it anymore. The Yankees are no longer enough for me.

amen 

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

I realized like 4 seasons ago that I don’t like Matt Waldman’s evaluations but I can’t deny that he has a process and will put that process on paper. 

I read his free stuff because I like his perspective, but I’m not a subscriber to the RSP (I bought it once a while back but it was so long I didn’t have time to actually read the damned thing). How have his evals stacked up over the years?

13 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I read his free stuff because I like his perspective, but I’m not a subscriber to the RSP (I bought it once a while back but it was so long I didn’t have time to actually read the damned thing). How have his evals stacked up over the years?

He has hits and he has misses like everyone else. High on Mahomes, low on Herbert, high on Jackson, and some very head scratching conclusions on receivers and running backs . I just can’t stand the dramatic prose of his writing and the fact that he’ll have charts and stuff but his conclusions don’t really tie into those charts. He’s a good resource and he’ll give you reasons for everything  and that’s valuable. I have just personally outgrown him as a resource.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I tried reading the whole thing one year and I think the draft actually passed before I could manage to finish. sh*t is like The Iliad. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

He has hits and he has misses like everyone else. High on Mahomes, low on Herbert, high in Allen... some very head scratching conclusions on receivers and running backs . I just can’t stand the dramatic prose of his writing and the fact that he’ll have charts and stuff but his conclusions don’t really tie into those charts. He’s a good resource and he’ll give you reasons for everything  and that’s valuable. I have just personally outgrown him as a resource.

Makes sense. I don’t suppose this exists anywhere, but I would love to see a list of his rankings over the last ten years. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

family guy vomit GIF

Funniest line after the puke happens: "Who wants chowdah?" 

team america vomit GIF

"Most ridiculous display of puke in movie history. 

puke GIF

Made even funnier by Paul Simon's approval of use of "Sound of Silence" as he is notorious for not allowing his songs in films. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Jets Things said:

Funniest line after the puke happens: "Who wants chowdah?" 

"Most ridiculous display of puke in movie history. 

Made even funnier by Paul Simon's approval of use of "Sound of Silence" as he is notorious for not allowing his songs in films. 

Really enjoying Great Moments In Vomit History with your host, Jets Things

12 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Really enjoying Great Moments In Vomit History with your host, Jets Things

Happy to be your guide. These scenes are evocative of Linda Blair in "The Exorcist," but that's meant to be scary. The real life vomit scenes are even scarier and grosser.

There was held from which we have received more than two dozen reports of individual acts of vomit SO profound and disgusting that decorum prohibits listing them here.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jets Things said:

Happy to be your guide. These scenes are evocative of Linda Blair in "The Exorcist," but that's meant to be scary. The real life vomit scenes are even scarier and grosser.

There was held from which we have received more than two dozen reports of individual acts of vomit SO profound and disgusting that decorum prohibits listing them here.

B1D5454E-B8AA-4113-9F61-A0FF135E9FF7.gif.77f8acc4efc4cbde24ba6290a9b961e9.gif

• Sympathy 1

49 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

Salah was at the birth of his 7th child that day, he's probably only been at one QB pro day before that (wilson's) so you could argue he's seen enough children been born and so fields pro day was more important ?

I ended up really wanting Fields throughout this process. I think if SF picks Fields we are going to be haunted by this pick for a very long time. I just felt like his personality and circumstances are perfect for here. 

Knowing Zach is the pick since the Pro Days Im just trying to get hyped about him as much as possible. What other choice do we have?

So Far I am a big fan of Joe Douglas. If Zach bust chances are your losing the second overall pick and our first decent GM in a decade. It's Certainly all or nothing. 

8 minutes ago, ID. said:

Even with the nit-picky review, Wilson tops his QB rankings

28A5DDCB-E7F6-4F3C-AF4C-C62D999B924D.png

I am hoping JT has some balls and puts out rankings. Im not the biggest Chris Simms fan but Chris Simms has the balls to go totally against everyone else and put himself out there yearly. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

I ended up really wanting Fields throughout this process. I think if SF picks Fields we are going to be haunted by this pick for a very long time. I just felt like his personality and circumstances are perfect for here. 

Knowing Zach is the pick since the Pro Days Im just trying to get hyped about him as much as possible. What other choice do we have?

So Far I am a big fan of Joe Douglas. If Zach bust chances are your losing the second overall pick and our first decent GM in a decade. It's Certainly all or nothing. 

Why would we be more haunted by the pick if Fields goes to the 49ers?

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

Why would we be more haunted by the pick if Fields goes to the 49ers?

Our Choice has been Wilson vs Fields the whole time presumably. 

Fields or Zach will be reaching their full potential in SF IMO. It may be the best landing spot ever for a college QB. Crazy weapons, Great system and you get to sit a year. 

Meanwhile the situation our QB walks into has to be one of the worst in the league. And that player(Zach) will be compared to Fields by Jets Fans until the end of time. 

The best case for us is SF takes Mac Jones and we get to avoid the above conversation forever. JMO but if Kyle Shanahan passes on Fields I think it has to make Jet Fans feel alot more confident Douglas made the right pick. 

Btw this is just in my own head here. To each their own. Passing on Watson, Mahomes, Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson has def led to alot of double guessing these types of things. 

19 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

If you think about it he does have the leverage to pull a Eli but in that case the NYJ could just sell him to the highest bidder. IDK but should be a interesting month  

Why would he do that after saying at his pro day that going to the Jets would be “a dream come true” and also that he would be happy to play for any team that drafts him. The kid has been a straight shooter throughout the draft process. 

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

image.png.53a76d7f37e61ae479e9480c58e698bd.png
Don’t doubt my observations.

149B6070-2A47-46A4-BD68-B09B50A6D9D4.jpeg.b4dc88733084054bb23bde3acd198171.jpeg

Young said the same thing about the Jets.

Cimini is gonna Cimini though and not put up the actual quote.  They’d love for their son to be drafted.  Period.

• Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Was he crying because he saw his dad type “it’s far more nuanced and detailed than I’m willing to get into right now” on a football message board?

The reason 22 month olds cry is far too nuanced and detailed than I’m willing to get into right now on a football message board.

• Post of the Week 1