All Page 1 Zach Wilson Threads: MERGED

AFJF

3 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Pretty sure his wife was giving birth. I don't think we should read into that. 

I don't think we should read into the delivery angle.  

Its their 7th kid.  I would bet he would have made the pro day of the QB they expect to draft.  

I dont think she's delivered yet

• Upvote 1

The Zach Wilson hype reminded me of Johnny Manziel hype. Anyone remember what they said after Johnny Manziel Pro Day? Beside Trevor Lawrence, Sam Darnold is better than the rest of Quarterbacks this year draft. Sam Darnold went through two Head coach, three offensive coordinators, not much of supporting cast at wide receivers that are always hurt, Sam Darnold offensive could hardly protect him, he always running for his life. He should get a fair shot a good supporting cast at Wide Receivers, a Tide End that do not have butterfingers, and Offensive lines that protect him. I still remember the game again Houston Texans vs a very good defense where he made plays to help them win the game. These plays https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QhFuu1PYS5A 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=amgaxCP1m_A

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hjNwwnC5nw0

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 5
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Manziel was a very good prospect.  His head just wasn’t in the right place.  Also, Wilson is taller and throwing to Mitt Romney’s family member.  Not Mike Evans.

I loved him coming out. Manziel had the most important attribute going for him in that he always shined under the lights in college. Substance abuse issues are really the saddest thing. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

If Manziel had Wilson's ethic and attitude he would have been fine. 

58 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Manziel was a very good prospect.  His head just wasn’t in the right place.  Also, Wilson is taller and throwing to Mitt Romney’s family member.  Not Mike Evans.

Good video, different point of view 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, windies07 said:

The Zach Wilson hype reminded me of Johnny Manziel hype. Anyone remember what they said after Johnny Manziel Pro Day? Beside Trevor Lawrence, Sam Darnold is better than the rest of Quarterbacks this year draft. Sam Darnold went through two Head coach, three offensive coordinators, not much of supporting cast at wide receivers that are always hurt, Sam Darnold offensive could hardly protect him, he always running for his life. He should get a fair shot a good supporting cast at Wide Receivers, a Tide End that do not have butterfingers, and Offensive lines that protect him. I still remember the game again Houston Texans vs a very good defense where he made plays to help them win the game. These plays https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QhFuu1PYS5A 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=amgaxCP1m_A

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hjNwwnC5nw0

Another useless thread started by a troll.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sourceworx said:

Manziel had the talent to be a good QB. He failed because he was very immature.

He failed because he was "rich as Croesus."  Google the phrase. 

Manziel was carried in a bier and left when he realized it requires total commitment not unlike the Olympics.  My eldest sister represented the US in the Olympics in Barcelona.  To be the elite requires total commitment.  She was a tennis referee.  Not much money but she refereed the grand slams, even Wimbledon.  The Brits make the female referees wear a dress and flowered hat (not her way). 

Nowadays, she would be doing the NFL, NBA or MLB.  Manziel could not muster that kind of commitment if it bit him on the ass.  It is one of things that concerns me about you know who. 

• Sympathy 1

Sam Darnold is not better than every other quarterback in this class besides Lawrence I mean what are we doing, people?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, Mogglez said:

149B6070-2A47-46A4-BD68-B09B50A6D9D4.jpeg.b4dc88733084054bb23bde3acd198171.jpeg

Young said the same thing about the Jets.

Cimini is gonna Cimini though and not put up the actual quote.  They’d love for their son to be drafted.  Period.

The Jets had to convince them and win them over and JD did that. That’s great I look forward to Wilson being on the team but the Jets had to do some recruiting.

2 hours ago, RogerVick1980 said:

lol there is no comparison..

Manziel had no business being a first round pick..

He was small slow and had weak arm..

I remember watching the first game he started and thinking this guy doesn’t belong in the league from a talent standpoint.

This, struggling to think of a worse comparison, they are nothing alike, other than maybe both have a head, two arms and two legs!!

Manziel was closer to Darnold in comparison in that he just ran around like a headless chicken with terrible footwork and mechanics and either ran it or threw it randomly up in the air for Mike Evans to come down with ...and that’s actually being pretty unkind to Darnild too.

• Sympathy 2

56 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

The Jets had to convince them and win them over and JD did that. That’s great I look forward to Wilson being on the team but the Jets had to do some recruiting.

Wait until the Wilsons call the Darnold and Sanchez families. 

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Mogglez said:

149B6070-2A47-46A4-BD68-B09B50A6D9D4.jpeg.b4dc88733084054bb23bde3acd198171.jpeg

Young said the same thing about the Jets.

Cimini is gonna Cimini though and not put up the actual quote.  They’d love for their son to be drafted.  Period.

Whoa. Listen to the interview. Young says “Zach would love it, the family would love it” in reference to the Niners trading up with the Jets for him. That quote isn’t in reference to the Jets drafting him.

https://ustadium.com/p/753409

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Manziel might have been the most over hype prospect ever by some fans, mostly because middle aged moms wanted to ride him. There’s a reason he was drafted 22nd. Wilson who is also very overrated by a lot of Jet fans because they’re desperate to get a FQB is not falling out of the top ten or even five. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

Former BYU and 49ers QB thinks current BYU QB 'would love' to play for the 49ers. Didn't see that one coming. 

Poor guy, you could almost detect the desperation in his voice. 

Good to know the Jets coaches are committed to Wilson and are actively recruiting with his family. 

• Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

Former BYU and 49ers QB thinks current BYU QB 'would love' to play for the 49ers. Didn't see that one coming. 

Poor guy, you could almost detect the desperation in his voice. 

Good to know the Jets coaches are committed to Wilson and are actively recruiting with his family. 

Young does a weekly spot with Michael Kay and his disgust for the Jets organization and how they handled Darnold was palpable every week. If Young is advising that family, you’d have to think he’s going to advise taking a stand now to force his way to SF as opposed to burning three years of the kid’s future in New Jersey. I certainly would.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Young does a weekly spot with Michael Kay and his disgust for the Jets organization and how they handled Darnold was palpable every week. If Young is advising that family, you’d have to think he’s going to advise taking a stand now to force his way to SF as opposed to burning three years of the kid’s future in New Jersey. I certainly would.

1. Jets deserve any sh*t they get, Young was not being unfair. 

2. People suggest this every year and if never happens. Heard it last year with Burrow and the Bengals. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

None of the people involved in drafting Darnold are still employed by the Jets. Maccagnan, Hermerdinger, Bowles, Bates, etc all gone. The security guy who thought Darnold was really polite on his last visit to the facility, he might still be around. Chris Johnson is back to being Woody's younger brother. 

I would expect a former 49ers QB to lobby for San Francisco. I'm actually glad he is. It confirms the perception that Wilson is a level above the next best, which he is. If Young and the 49ers know it, then you'd expect the Jets to recognise it too. And it sounds like we do, if we're recruiting Wilson's family and turning down trade down offers. 

You must have a really low opinion of Douglas, Saleh and LeFleur if you think they can't convince Zach to want to play for the Jets? 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Morrissey said:

1. Jets deserve any sh*t they get, Young was not being unfair. 

2. People suggest this every year and if never happens. Heard it last year with Burrow and the Bengals. 

I think the difference here is that the dad seems to be an excessively involved stage parent who wants to be a celebrity, so—if he does want his kid to go to the better franchise, on the West Coast—he doesn’t seem the type who will be shy about it. Given that the Niners are already at 3, it wouldn’t take too much maneuvering to make it happen. You’d just have to scare Douglas off the pick. Hell, the Wilsons would even win the PR battle over this one. Who wants their kid on the Jets?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

You must have a really low opinion of Douglas, Saleh and LeFleur if you think they can't convince Zach to want to play for the Jets? 

If you were a parent and had to put your kid on either the Jets or the Niners, where are you hoping your kid ends up? Nobody knows what kind of coach Saleh is going to be. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

If you were a parent and had to put your kid on either the Jets or the Niners, where are you hoping your kid ends up? Nobody knows what kind of coach Saleh is going to be. 

The chasm between 'hoping', or having a preference, and actively refusing to go to another team is wider than the Grand Canyon. 

I'm not sure where you are getting that his father is some kind of dick? I've never even heard the guy speak publicly. He likes a bunch of stuff on Twitter, a lot of Jets stuff. He's owes a couple of gas stations and convenience stores. He's hardly Archie Manning. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, K_O_Brien said:

The chasm between 'hoping', or having a preference, and actively refusing to go to another team is wider than the Grand Canyon. 

I'm not sure where you are getting that his father is some kind of dick? I've never even heard the guy speak publicly. He likes a bunch of stuff on Twitter, a lot of Jets stuff. He's owes a couple of gas stations and convenience stores. He's hardly Archie Manning. 

His dad, like Suge Knight, appears in all the videos and appears to manage Zach’s career. True, it’s a leap from hoping he ends up on the Niners to enacting it, but you’d think it’s a consideration, particularly if Douglas is working on “recruiting” the family.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think the difference here is that the dad seems to be an excessively involved stage parent who wants to be a celebrity, so—if he does want his kid to go to the better franchise, on the West Coast—he doesn’t seem the type who will be shy about it. Given that the Niners are already at 3, it wouldn’t take too much maneuvering to make it happen. You’d just have to scare Douglas off the pick. Hell, the Wilsons would even win the PR battle over this one. Who wants their kid on the Jets?

Getting a mini haul to go  from 2 to 3 and grab fields would be amazing

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

27 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

low-key kind of want this to happen. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

His dad, like Suge Knight, appears in all the videos and appears to manage Zach’s career. True, it’s a leap from hoping he ends up on the Niners to enacting it, but you’d think it’s a consideration, particularly if Douglas is working on “recruiting” the family.

Seems like the battle has been won by JD so it’s all moot.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

41 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

As long as the dad doesn’t lavarr ball the situation.  Even Steven young sees the jets are trying to become the 49ers East.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1