All Page 1 Zach Wilson Threads: MERGED

AFJF

39 minutes ago, CTM said:

Getting a mini haul to go  from 2 to 3 and grab fields would be amazing

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

There's no haul left.  SF has nothing of value left to trade.

Niners don’t have a first until 2024. Any package would have to look like what Mangini got to move off of 5 when the Jets came up for Sanchez—the pick plus a pack of dudes Saleh wants from the Niners. Which, no.

• Upvote 2

in the spirit of "striking while the iron is hot" wouldn't it make a lot more sense to do the following:

1) Everyone knows this draft is rich on talent. Why not trade down from 2? Douglas gets to nail the draft and fulfill 5 or 6 needs. In the process of trading down he gets to add multiple 1st round draft choices. Not just next year but probably 2023 as well.

2) The Jets go all in with Sammy with the supporting cast he's been deprived of since turning pro. He gets a trial basis to see if he can become what everyone thought he was capable of?

3) Decision making time comes after this season. Now we need to see If Sammy improved enough for us to be confident in him. If we're not? We have all the ammunition necessary to move up and grab a good, young QB.

This to me is a much more logical solution....

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I think the difference here is that the dad seems to be an excessively involved stage parent who wants to be a celebrity, so—if he does want his kid to go to the better franchise, on the West Coast—he doesn’t seem the type who will be shy about it. Given that the Niners are already at 3, it wouldn’t take too much maneuvering to make it happen. You’d just have to scare Douglas off the pick. Hell, the Wilsons would even win the PR battle over this one. Who wants their kid on the Jets?

Really?  His dad seems to be an excessively involved stage parent who wants to be a celebrity so he wants to be in SF instead of NYC?  

And you've decided because hes made a couple of videos promoting his son, not himself?  Exactly what many parents have done.   CHrebet was a Jet largely due to his father producing higlight videos and promotional videos which sent to every NFL team trying to get his son a tryout

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Really?  His dad seems to be an excessively involved stage parent who wants to be a celebrity so he wants to be in SF instead of NYC?  

And you've decided because hes made a couple of videos promoting his son, not himself?  Exactly what many parents have done.   CHrebet was a Jet largely due to his father producing higlight videos and promotional videos which sent to every NFL team trying to get his son a tryout

? Chrebet was a UDFA begging for a shot. Wilson is going to be the second overall pick. Entirely different degrees of leverage

I think the difference here is that the dad seems to be an excessively involved stage parent who wants to be a celebrity, so—if he does want his kid to go to the better franchise, on the West Coast—he doesn’t seem the type who will be shy about it. Given that the Niners are already at 3, it wouldn’t take too much maneuvering to make it happen. You’d just have to scare Douglas off the pick. Hell, the Wilsons would even win the PR battle over this one. Who wants their kid on the Jets?

Wait, the Jets are going to have to deal with some doofus who's like a cross between LaVar Ball and Mitt Romney? 

Kill me now. 

• Haha 3

Just now, T0mShane said:

? Chrebet was a UDFA begging for a shot. Wilson is going to be the second overall pick. Entirely different degrees of leverage

And both fathers made videos promoting their sons.

You know what any father would do, have done and will do moving forward.

Point wants the degree of leverage the point is helping your son out is what a parent does, isnt an indication that he wants to be a stage father or worse a celebrate that picks a team to promote his own fame

1 hour ago, K_O_Brien said:

None of the people involved in drafting Darnold are still employed by the Jets. Maccagnan, Hermerdinger, Bowles, Bates, etc all gone. The security guy who thought Darnold was really polite on his last visit to the facility, he might still be around. Chris Johnson is back to being Woody's younger brother. 

I would expect a former 49ers QB to lobby for San Francisco. I'm actually glad he is. It confirms the perception that Wilson is a level above the next best, which he is. If Young and the 49ers know it, then you'd expect the Jets to recognise it too. And it sounds like we do, if we're recruiting Wilson's family and turning down trade down offers. 

You must have a really low opinion of Douglas, Saleh and LeFleur if you think they can't convince Zach to want to play for the Jets? 

The Johnson's are still in charge.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, K_O_Brien said:

None of the people involved in drafting Darnold are still employed by the Jets. Maccagnan, Hermerdinger, Bowles, Bates, etc all gone. The security guy who thought Darnold was really polite on his last visit to the facility, he might still be around. Chris Johnson is back to being Woody's younger brother. 

I would expect a former 49ers QB to lobby for San Francisco. I'm actually glad he is. It confirms the perception that Wilson is a level above the next best, which he is. If Young and the 49ers know it, then you'd expect the Jets to recognise it too. And it sounds like we do, if we're recruiting Wilson's family and turning down trade down offers. 

You must have a really low opinion of Douglas, Saleh and LeFleur if you think they can't convince Zach to want to play for the Jets? 

They couldn't convince me to play for the Jets, and I've been a fan for about 50 years. 

• Haha 3

Rich Cimini on Instagram  "A plot twist? Young saying the Jets are “committed” to Wilson doesn’t surprise me. But why would the Jets have to recruit his family? Interesting. #jets #byu"

Rich is dying to write a Zach Wilson pulls an Eli Manning tells Jets not to draft him so he can go to the 49ers article. Rich had so much joy in his voice when he relayed going to Peyton Mannings press conference declaring he was going back to school. This explains why he advocates for the Jets to keep Sam and trade down . He doesn't want the Jets to be good.
  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Manziel might have been the most over hype prospect ever by some fans, mostly because middle aged moms wanted to ride him. There’s a reason he was drafted 22nd. Wilson who is also very overrated by a lot of Jet fans because they’re desperate to get a FQB is not falling out of the top ten or even five. 

MMILFWLF* ?

*Maziels Mothers I'd Like to F*ck Would Like to F*ck

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And both fathers made videos promoting their sons.

You know what any father would do, have done and will do moving forward.

And yet I haven’t seen one video from you highlighting @Mogglezthrowing down twelve honey barbecue wings while watching The Mandalorian on repeat but here we are

• Haha 3

in the spirit of "striking while the iron is hot" wouldn't it make a lot more sense to do the following:
1) Everyone knows this draft is rich on talent. Why not trade down from 2? Douglas gets to nail the draft and fulfill 5 or 6 needs. In the process of trading down he gets to add multiple 1st round draft choices. Not just next year but probably 2023 as well.
2) The Jets go all in with Sammy with the supporting cast he's been deprived of since turning pro. He gets a trial basis to see if he can become what everyone thought he was capable of?
3) Decision making time comes after this season. Now we need to see If Sammy improved enough for us to be confident in him. If we're not? We have all the ammunition necessary to move up and grab a good, young QB.
This to me is a much more logical solution....

No. If you are uncertain if the guy is a good quarterback after 3 seasons, then he isn’t one.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

And yet I haven’t seen one video from you highlighting @Mogglezthrowing down twelve honey barbecue wings while watching The Mandalorian on repeat but here we are

Thats because my son is the son of all sons and twelve honey bbq wings are nothing for him.  He could woof down a dozen by the end of the opening credits

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, dbatesman said:

I’m fine with Wilson at 2, and I always enjoy a spirited repartee with bit, but in the interest of fairness, the RSP came out today and Waldman haaaaaates Wilson. Hates hates hates. He has him sixth, behind Lawrence, Lance, Fields, Jones, and Mills (!).

He liked Darnold and loved Sanchez.

We're f*cking gravy boys.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah this guy will be good in the clutch. 

Tell the 49ers to get 15 for Jimmy G and get 3 and 15 for 2. Draft Pitts/Slater/Davis/Samuel in that order.

won’t happen but that’s what we should do. 

also I don’t care that I started a new thread, so you shouldn’t either ?

• Haha 2

If you were a parent and had to put your kid on either the Jets or the Niners, where are you hoping your kid ends up? Nobody knows what kind of coach Saleh is going to be. 

While I agree with you, I find it funny how these players want to be the highest pick possible in the draft, but don't want to end up on a bad team.

• Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Mo Lew said:

Yeah this guy will be good in the clutch. 

Tell the 49ers to get 15 for Jimmy G and get 3 and 15 for 2. Draft Pitts/Slater/Davis/Samuel in that order.

won’t happen but that’s what we should do. 

also I don’t care that I started a new thread, so you shouldn’t either ?

If Darnold wasn't such a basket case, this would rock.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, mfmartin said:

No. If you are uncertain if the guy is a good quarterback after 3 seasons, then he isn’t one.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Most normally I'd say you're correct. However these are unusual circumstances so you're WRONG. Sammy was given sh*t to work with. Until you give him a chance on a level playing field. You'll never know what he can become. So once what I presented is the most logical solution here....

15 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Waldman vs QBASE is the real QB battle to watch.

6th behind the other guys is “he banged my sister” territory.  If Wilson even scratches the surface of the talent he has, that will be a baaaaaad look.  Kudos to him for sticking to what he feels though.

So Justin Fields banged Chris Simm's sister?

11 hours ago, Shockwave said:

The second we saw Saleh not attend the Fields Pro Day it was over. 

When you look at what Zach Wilson is going to walk into day 1 on the Jets vs what Mac or Fields gets when selected by the Niners this pick has a very high chance to look bad for a few years. 

Hoping Zach has some very thick skin. Really hope we sit this kid the first few games. I am even fine keeping Sam and trading him at the deadline incase some QB gets hurt. Zach really shouldn't be starting day 1

Shock, Saleh stayed home to be with his wife, who was giving birth to their 7th child. 

Hasn't Young said some other eyebrow  raising things not that long ago about the Jets?  It feels like I remember him saying Lawrence should avoid the Jets when we were still in line for #1 overall.  

Anyway, I'm sure a kid that grew up on the West Coast in a mormon family does have a bit of the soft spot for the Niners

If I was the top QB prospect in this draft and grew up a Jets fan, I'd also be thrilled if the Jets traded up to get me.  I mean isn't that every kids dream?  But when it comes down to it, it doesn't mean that I don't want to play for any other team.