Jump to content

All Page 1 Zach Wilson Threads: MERGED


Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'm not reading the entire thread so I apologize if this was posted already.

Ex93i-RXMBMVqJW?format=jpg&name=small

 

It’s worth reading again.  Steve young probably knows more than any journalist since he’s uniquely connected to both BYU and the 49ers.  It’s also no secret that the jets are implementing the same offense as them.  The 49ers didn’t trade up to 3 to get to 2, they traded up b/c they know the guy they take will have significantly more upside than jimmy g.  At this point the whole nfl world is just waiting for Wilson’s medical to come back clean and i bet darnold will be gone by next weekend.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Instead of explaining why we shouldn’t trade down ... I’ll just leave this here . U guys will like this @Mogglez @football guy 

Because this thread isn’t the only place where it happens. Post a film review?  It’s a race to see how quickly it can be derailed by children who are upset that the Jets might not get them their

Just say you paid for Matt Waldman’s RSP and be done with it.

Posted Images

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

Hasn't Young said some other eyebrow  raising things not that long ago about the Jets?  It feels like I remember him saying Lawrence should avoid the Jets when we were still in line for #1 overall.  

Anyway, I'm sure a kid that grew up on the West Coast in a mormon family does have a bit of the soft spot for the Niners

If I was the top QB prospect in this draft and grew up a Jets fan, I'd also be thrilled if the Jets traded up to get me.  I mean isn't that every kids dream?  But when it comes down to it, it doesn't mean that I don't want to play for any other team.

 

Dude, he said the Jets and Wilson are commited. He didn't say that Wilson doesn't want to go to the Jets. He simply said that he would love to be a 49er. I am sure he would love to be the QB for many teams, including the Jets. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, QB1 said:

Dude, he said the Jets and Wilson are commited. He didn't say that Wilson doesn't want to go to the Jets. He simply said that he would love to be a 49er. I am sure he would love to be the QB for many teams, including the Jets. 

That's basically exactly what I just said in my post.  Thanks for the contribution.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Ahem?

 

6A50DA15-5B0D-4900-846B-6172A4F74562.jpegI know, I know, big brother can dream can’t he?

Aren't you the guy telling me how you don't want to draft a guy because he's injury prone?

Great player, lacking the most important ability.

 

  • Post of the Week 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'm not reading the entire thread so I apologize if this was posted already.

Ex93i-RXMBMVqJW?format=jpg&name=small

 

I know how to get it done!

554998C8-3012-45B1-BF4A-305E39279785.jpegThat’s how you get it done! They should do anything for family !

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Aren't you the guy telling me how you don't want to draft a guy because he's injury prone?

Great player, lacking the most important ability.

 

Yeah sure, but what the hell do I know?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I have nothing against Wilson but I don't think he is such a sure thing that it makes sense to pick him at #2 and put him on a team with a for sh*t O-line and which is in the process of installing an offense which will be new to every player on the team. It seems to me that both Sewell and Pitts would be better picks at #2 because Sewell is as close to a sure thing future all-pro as you are gonna get in a draft pick and Pitts is a game changer - a player that causes a D to have to change their entire approach when playing you.

I just don't see the sense in putting a rookie QB on an incomplete team while he learns the new O with his teammates. Isn't it better to wait a year, after the players fully understand the O and then draft a QB so he is the only one learning and you can plug him into a fully functioning Offense?

My views are not born of any love of Darnold. Frankly, the Jets should have just found some Vet who had some experience in a Shannahan/LafLeur OF and brought him in to compete (and beat out) Darnold. This is about the right way to build a team and the best way to foster success for a rookie QB. If the Jets draft Wilson, I fear it will just be a repeat of previous mistakes.

I don’t agree with all of this but I do agree with almost all of it. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I know how to get it done!

554998C8-3012-45B1-BF4A-305E39279785.jpegThat’s how you get it done! They should do anything for family !

I'd be down for that. Move down one spot for Bosa, and take Fields at 3.

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I have nothing against Wilson but I don't think he is such a sure thing that it makes sense to pick him at #2 and put him on a team with a for sh*t O-line and which is in the process of installing an offense which will be new to every player on the team. It seems to me that both Sewell and Pitts would be better picks at #2 because Sewell is as close to a sure thing future all-pro as you are gonna get in a draft pick and Pitts is a game changer - a player that causes a D to have to change their entire approach when playing you.

I just don't see the sense in putting a rookie QB on an incomplete team while he learns the new O with his teammates. Isn't it better to wait a year, after the players fully understand the O and then draft a QB so he is the only one learning and you can plug him into a fully functioning Offense?

My views are not born of any love of Darnold. Frankly, the Jets should have just found some Vet who had some experience in a Shannahan/LafLeur OF and brought him in to compete (and beat out) Darnold. This is about the right way to build a team and the best way to foster success for a rookie QB. If the Jets draft Wilson, I fear it will just be a repeat of previous mistakes.

This is about where I am, except I want the trade down, not a non-QB at #2. I think that would be a horrible move. But it's definitely not about Darnold, it's what's best for the entire team. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Bosa, #3 & #43 and your have yourselves a deal good sirs.

I’d take Bosa and 3 then  hang up the phone quick as I could! 

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, slats said:

This is about where I am, except I want the trade down, not a non-QB at #2. I think that would be a horrible move. But it's definitely not about Darnold, it's what's best for the entire team. 

I too want a trade down, but if JD didn't pull the trigger with Frisco, what gives? And, frankly, I feel like Frisco gave up the farm for #3 because they think the odds are pretty good that JD is not taking a QB at #2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I too want a trade down, but if JD didn't pull the trigger with Frisco, what gives? And, frankly, I feel like Frisco gave up the farm for #3 because they think the odds are pretty good that JD is not taking a QB at #2.

I don’t think douglas would show his hand to SF.  I do think that SF acted quickly so that other teams couldn’t get to 3 b/c the 2 pick was not available.  

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Bosa, #3 & #43 and your have yourselves a deal good sirs.

They need to throw in Warner as a sweater too, lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I mean I'd take it but I really want us to have another 2nd round pick in this draft to clean up the interior o-line.

I know and I love you for that. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, slats said:

I'm sure any mormon family would be excited to see their child's choice be between such bastions of family values as New York City and San Francisco. 

Mormons have a unique liberal lean as compared to other self-ID’d evangelicals. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I have nothing against Wilson but I don't think he is such a sure thing that it makes sense to pick him at #2 and put him on a team with a for sh*t O-line and which is in the process of installing an offense which will be new to every player on the team. It seems to me that both Sewell and Pitts would be better picks at #2 because Sewell is as close to a sure thing future all-pro as you are gonna get in a draft pick and Pitts is a game changer - a player that causes a D to have to change their entire approach when playing you.

I just don't see the sense in putting a rookie QB on an incomplete team while he learns the new O with his teammates. Isn't it better to wait a year, after the players fully understand the O and then draft a QB so he is the only one learning and you can plug him into a fully functioning Offense?

My views are not born of any love of Darnold. Frankly, the Jets should have just found some Vet who had some experience in a Shannahan/LafLeur OF and brought him in to compete (and beat out) Darnold. This is about the right way to build a team and the best way to foster success for a rookie QB. If the Jets draft Wilson, I fear it will just be a repeat of previous mistakes.

Tbh this is the perfect time to install a rookie QB, this is a deep O-Line class. This offense will look a lot better after the draft. Wilson can also sit behind a vet QB we acquire from a trade or off the street if the O-Line is terrible in the beginning.  
 

There’s many ways to skin a cat but to pass on a prospect you like when you don’t have to trade nothing to obtain him is not logical imo 

 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I’d take Bosa and 3 then  hang up the phone quick as I could! 

Hard to see them giving up Bosa, but maybe you can get Deebo Samuel or someone of that ilk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I don’t think douglas would show his hand to SF.  I do think that SF acted quickly so that other teams couldn’t get to 3 b/c the 2 pick was not available.  

This is obvious, Steve young even stated the Jets are recruiting Zach’s family and are committed to Zach and doesn’t know how that can all be undone - guess this is all a smokescreen though for a trade down 🤣

sounds like the Jets told Zach he was the pick a longggg time ago

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, slats said:

I'm sure any mormon family would be excited to see their child's choice be between such bastions of family values as New York City and San Francisco. 

That's why the Mormons do Missions.  Zach is just going to be well paid during his mission to NY.  :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hard to see them giving up Bosa, but maybe you can get Deebo Samuel or someone of that ilk.

Damn it Shane! Have you seen his new girlfriend? Work with me. The NFL panning to her lovely cleavage 6 times  a game could really help our morale during this eleventh year of this tenuous rebuild. 
 

 

D8208514-305C-482A-B196-E19174A8527B.jpeg

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

That's basically exactly what I just said in my post.  Thanks for the contribution.

Is it? I don't know you sounded highly concerned in your first wo paragraphs and to be honest stopped reading about there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So Sam is 23 and now the speculation is to draft Wilson who needs time to develop.   

So the big question is doesn't the team have Oline needs that are more important also RB?

Just throwing that out there.   

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, windies07 said:

The Zach Wilson hype reminded me of Johnny Manziel hype. Anyone remember what they said after Johnny Manziel Pro Day? Beside Trevor Lawrence, Sam Darnold is better than the rest of Quarterbacks this year draft. Sam Darnold went through two Head coach, three offensive coordinators, not much of supporting cast at wide receivers that are always hurt, Sam Darnold offensive could hardly protect him, he always running for his life. He should get a fair shot a good supporting cast at Wide Receivers, a Tide End that do not have butterfingers, and Offensive lines that protect him. I still remember the game again Houston Texans vs a very good defense where he made plays to help them win the game. These plays https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QhFuu1PYS5A 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=amgaxCP1m_A

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hjNwwnC5nw0

Yes, he's made some good plays in his career, but so has every other NFL QB.  Did he get a raw deal?  Yes.  The problem is he's made too many bad plays and too little good plays over the course of three seasons.  At some point you have to stop making excuses for a guy and move on.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

@Warfish

Exhibit A. Almost beats him being too rich.

The nonsense criticisms being levelled toward this kid. It’s ludicrous. Desperate for him to fail.

Sorry, not quite sure what you're calling me out for here.

I have exactly two substantive concerns with Wilson:

1. He is small and light.  He's 6'3", 210.  That's small.

2. He played absolutely nobody in college.  His level of competition was extremely weak.

That is the extent of my substantive concerns about him.

At no point have I ever mentioned his religion, his family's wealth, or any other off-field factor as a concern.  While I do think he looks in some pictures a bit like a feminine Zack Morris from Saved by the Bell or the neighbor from Married with Children, frosted blond tips and all, that is more funny than a criticism.

I'll also push back on the "desperate for him to fail" argument.  If we draft Wilson, the only desperation I will have is the same one I've always had:, That this time we get it right, and the guy DOESN'T fail.  No Jet Fan wants the Jets QB to fail.  

Till then, like with all the prospects, we'll continue to analyze objectively, and then evaluate once they start playing.  

P.S. gonna be hilarious for all the usual suspects talking up and investing deeply in Wilson now if JD pulls a fast one and trades down or drafts Fields, lol.  We'd see a ton of 180's on Draft night if that happens, lol.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

in the spirit of "striking while the iron is hot" wouldn't it make a lot more sense to do the following:

1) Everyone knows this draft is rich on talent. Why not trade down from 2? Douglas gets to nail the draft and fulfill 5 or 6 needs. In the process of trading down he gets to add multiple 1st round draft choices. Not just next year but probably 2023 as well.

2) The Jets go all in with Sammy with the supporting cast he's been deprived of since turning pro. He gets a trial basis to see if he can become what everyone thought he was capable of?

3) Decision making time comes after this season. Now we need to see If Sammy improved enough for us to be confident in him. If we're not? We have all the ammunition necessary to move up and grab a good, young QB.

This to me is a much more logical solution....

You do not pass on a franchise quarterback prospect when you have the 36th of 32 rated QB. People need to forget about Sam's initial ratings and analysis. He is not a good QB. There is also a ton of other reasons to choose QB at 2 that have nothing to do with the exact player. JD said that there is no trade value good enough for a franchise QB. Wilson is a much much better prospect than Sam. The Jets taking Wilson.

And not it does not make more sense to trade down. Now if that Jets were at 6 and needed to move up to #2 that might be a different conversation. But they don't. And SF with a better QB than us was willing to spend two additional first rounders and more to get a QB they do not like as much as Wilson. That says a ton about how Wilson is valued.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I too want a trade down, but if JD didn't pull the trigger with Frisco, what gives? And, frankly, I feel like Frisco gave up the farm for #3 because they think the odds are pretty good that JD is not taking a QB at #2.

JD absolutely, unquestionably, knew the San Fran offer was available.  I have no doubt of that whatsoever, despite what the media and the team misdirection guys might say/leak publicly after the fact.

JD didn't want it, and likely made that known (Via the Saleh connections or directly) immediately.

The likely reason is because he plans to draft a QB, and he's not going to trade down to get "maybe the third guy, maybe"..

We're in the Catbird seat, sitting at #2, we get our choice of QB's after Lawrence. 

I believe J.D. is happy with that, will do exactly that (most likely Wilson, some small chance it's Fields) and that this was in some way communicated to or known by San Fran before they pulled the trigger on the Miami trade.

There will be no trade down from #2 overall in 2021.  We are taking a QB at #2.  And San Fran knows it, and made the trade anyway, because they want the #3 guy (be it Fields or Jones or, less likely, Lance).

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Yes, he's made some good plays in his career, but so has every other NFL QB.  Did he get a raw deal?  Yes.  The problem is he's made too many bad plays and too little good plays over the course of three seasons.  At some point you have to stop making excuses for a guy and move on.

And Zach Wilson with a similarly poor supporting cast is going to be better than Pat Mahomes?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...