Jump to content

All Page 1 Zach Wilson Threads: MERGED


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Instead of explaining why we shouldn’t trade down ... I’ll just leave this here . U guys will like this @Mogglez @football guy 

Because this thread isn’t the only place where it happens. Post a film review?  It’s a race to see how quickly it can be derailed by children who are upset that the Jets might not get them their

Just say you paid for Matt Waldman’s RSP and be done with it.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

nope.  2 key members of the 49ers coaching staff is now running the jets and young is probably telling the wilsons that zach will be in good hands there despite how darnold turned out.  

I would suggest listening to the Young interview. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I just saw a ranking from a colleague (paid site) that had Wilson as QB6

legit wonder what everyone else is looking at

zach wilson has like a half dozen obvious fatal flaws and everyone says he's amazing 

Going Crazy Will Ferrell GIF

 

 

1. His face 

2. he’s rich 

3. he’s a Mormon 

4. Not a captain 

5. has a mom and a dad 

6. Had an injury once 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Just say you paid for Matt Waldman’s RSP and be done with it.

Waldman and I are both on the FBG staff so yes he's a collegue and yes I paid for his work because I support small journalists

he has

QB1 TL 

QB 2 Trey Lance

QB 3 Mac Jones 

QB 4 Justin Fields

QB 5 Davis Mills 

and QB 6 Zach Wilson 

 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bitonti said:

Waldman and I are both on the FBG staff so yes he's a collegue and yes I paid for his work because I support small journalists

he has

QB1 TL 

QB 2 Trey Lance

QB 3 Mac Jones 

QB 4 Justin Fields

QB 5 Davis Mills 

and QB 6 Zach Wilson 

 

Why should anyone care what this guy has to say?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, QB1 said:

Why should anyone care what this guy has to say?

he puts alot of work into the RSP. It's like 1000 pages every year 

He's got stats on top of stats like off platform throws with pressure and without

im not going to give away his efforts but talk about show your work, the dude shows his work 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Let me put it more simply: You’re saying JD‘a professed love for Wilson is a calculated way to yield trade offers. I say you’re wrong:  He genuinely views Wilson as a franchise QB. 

I'm saying that whether he loves him or not, he's got a price on that pick and it's up to someone to pay it or he'll just take Wilson which, again, is what I expect to happen. But thanks for putting it more simply, that really helped. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

he puts alot of work into the RSP. It's like 1000 pages every year 

He's got stats on top of stats like off platform throws with pressure and without

im not going to give away his efforts but talk about show your work, the dude shows his work 

has he ever played football? Has be been employed by a college or professional team? Is he a former scout? Does he have any real world experience? I am honestly asking because he comes off as a con man with a complicated “method” and a paid site. Why can’t you post his rankings and analysis?

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I feel like QBs are starting to pick where they want to play and it’s going to be more prevalent given how much it costs to keep a QB and how much of a career-killer it is for these guys to end up in bad situations. Wilson’s people wouldn’t be demanding a trade to a team with the 20th pick, they’d be nudging themselves down one spot. Not unreasonable at all. As for the second part, I can’t imagine that appealing to anyone. You’d rather go to a stacked team, appear in the playoffs consistently, and then lavish in your endorsement deals. There’s a dumpster in Florham Park filled with the corpses of young QBs who were going to become NY legends by turning the Jets around, including the QB they currently have on the roster

What other rookie QBs demanded where to play and got their wish? Hell what other veteran QBs just demanded where to go and got their wish? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

he puts alot of work into the RSP. It's like 1000 pages every year 

He's got stats on top of stats like off platform throws with pressure and without

im not going to give away his efforts but talk about show your work, the dude shows his work 

What’s his track record in recent drafts?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Aren't you the guy telling me how you don't want to draft a guy because he's injury prone?

Great player, lacking the most important ability.

 

Zach Wilson’s body ain’t holding up in the nfl

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Waldman and I are both on the FBG staff so yes he's a collegue and yes I paid for his work because I support small journalists

he has

QB1 TL 

QB 2 Trey Lance

QB 3 Mac Jones 

QB 4 Justin Fields

QB 5 Davis Mills 

and QB 6 Zach Wilson 

 

And like I said yesterday: That type of ridiculous ranking, will be a very bad look if Wilson even scratches the surface of his potential. Kudos to him for sticking to his guns though.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, QB1 said:

has he ever played football? Has be been employed by a college or professional team? Is he a former scout? Does he have any real world experience? I am honestly asking because he comes off as a con man with a complicated “method” and a paid site. Why can’t you post his rankings and analysis?

Matt Waldman is long winded and I tend to disagree with him but he shows his work and offers it at a price. Simply taking his content and sharing it here wouldn’t be right. He’s not a big entity and if you really wanna know what he has to say it’s a fair price for a lot of content. I haven’t bought an RSP in years and I don’t like Waldman’s analysis but he puts in the work and that deserves credit and financial backing.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Does he even lift bro

Only Tom Shane would mock someone for playing football on a football site 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

Matt Waldman is long winded and I tend to disagree with him but he shows his work and offers it at a price. Simply taking his content and sharing it here wouldn’t be right. He’s not a big entity and if you really wanna know what he has to say it’s a fair price for a lot of content. I haven’t bought an RSP in years and I don’t like Waldman’s analysis but he puts in the work and that deserves credit and financial backing.

It does? Putting in work and time no matter the output has value? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

Matt Waldman is long winded and I tend to disagree with him but he shows his work and offers it at a price. Simply taking his content and sharing it here wouldn’t be right. He’s not a big entity and if you really wanna know what he has to say it’s a fair price for a lot of content. I haven’t bought an RSP in years and I don’t like Waldman’s analysis but he puts in the work and that deserves credit and financial backing.

I will definitely agree with this.  That being said QB6 is a bold statement that spits on the face of a lot of analysis and analytics.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, QB1 said:

Only Tom Shane would mock someone for playing football on a football site 

I have had sex. It doesn’t make me a sex expert.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, slats said:

I'm saying that whether he loves him or not, he's got a price on that pick and it's up to someone to pay it or he'll just take Wilson which, again, is what I expect to happen. But thanks for putting it more simply, that really helped. 

LOL, you're quite the snarky one for a moderator. But whatever dude.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I will definitely agree with this.  That being said QB6 is a bold statement that spits on the face of a lot of analysis and analytics.

Wilson is going to be more of a QBsux

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I have had sex. It doesn’t make me a sex expert.

Would you pay to read a sex guide from a virgin?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, QB1 said:

has he ever played football? Has be been employed by a college or professional team? Is he a former scout? Does he have any real world experience? I am honestly asking because he comes off as a con man with a complicated “method” and a paid site. Why can’t you post his rankings and analysis?

 just shared his top 6 qb. 

as for the analysis, even if i wanted to rip him off, I wouldn't even know where to begin. he uses something called "breadth of talent" which measures how many different good things a player can do  and "depth of talent" which is how well they are doing them

it's checklists and stack-scores and excel tables. He appears to break down every throw, where it went and adds that into the mix. literally it's a 1000 page PDF and i had to scroll forever to even get a top 6 qb's.  

he's a smart dude, i've met him f2f several times over the years. He goes to Mobile and Indy every year he's not like sitting in his basement imagining rankings. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, QB1 said:

It does? Putting in work and time no matter the output has value? 

Yes. Especially in this realm where no one is right all the time. People have decided for years that his work is worth paying for and that has value. He’s not any more correct than anyone but the process is there and that process has value.

I think he’s off base about Wilson. It wouldn’t be the first time he’s wrong and it won’t be the last. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Wilson is going to be more of a QBsux

Again, I don’t care about the opinion of a borderline troll of a poster who stole another person’s username to hide from the mods/circumvent a ban.  Since my past track record gets brought up quite a bit, I’ll remind everyone of yours (from your other account), once again:

D1B86C1F-5DAA-4194-9A5B-244BD7F7A90D.thumb.jpeg.8ba982af29b814a8ef96b15cb13e03d7.jpegEBB75F5D-6A66-4082-B98C-4A6DF715387A.jpeg.8beee662e594f9a722bed2cd5412e474.jpeg751A5D28-C1F7-4E50-9920-899951A82DB3.jpeg.779bc5513ff0f796924d64d1c598726a.jpegE74C2DE4-18BB-4CEC-9D9F-4A3BA0C74812.thumb.jpeg.ee592f6bc07f776e84b8c41a7df0fd2a.jpeg
 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, derp said:

Thought it was clear when I brought up the concerns about the track record of guys at the top of the draft recently that I was asking specifically at why it should be at #2 - they obviously need to address the position with a rookie sometime soon. Everything but the last applies to a guy they draft almost anywhere, and the last one still doesn't address the poor track record of guys drafted at the top of the draft. Tons of teams lately have thought they can get a strong QB at the top of the draft...very little to show for it.

It needs to be at 2 to get the best prospect in Wilson.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

And like I said yesterday: That type of ridiculous ranking, will be a very bad look if Wilson even scratches the surface of his potential. Kudos to him for sticking to his guns though.

It's maybe on the low side but closer to reality than this hype driven Zach machine. 

note it's not a prediction of where he will be drafted it's a prediction of production in the league. In Zach Wilson's case a borderline starter in the Drew Lock neighborhood 

 

13 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

What’s his track record in recent drafts?

he was higher on Tua than Herbert 

here's his report on Herbert fwiw (found it for free) 

https://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=2020-rsp-excerpt-oregon-quarterback-justin-herbert

once upon a time he had a 1st rd grade on Russell Wilson 

like anyone else he has his good years and bad but doing anything for 10-20 years adds at least experience if not hard earned lessons 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I just saw a ranking from a colleague (paid site) that had Wilson as QB6

legit wonder what everyone else is looking at

zach wilson has like a half dozen obvious fatal flaws and everyone says he's amazing 

Going Crazy Will Ferrell GIF

 

 

I hear you, man. 

As much as I have talked myself into Wilson, I am far from certain.

But I'm sure you have been dead wrong about a prospect in recent years, as I certainly have. I thought Sam was going to be very good here. Whoops. We are all guessing. Hopefully, you are wrong. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bitonti said:

 just shared his top 6 qb. 

as for the analysis, even if i wanted to rip him off, I wouldn't even know where to begin. he uses something called "breadth of talent" which measures how many different good things a player can do  and "depth of talent" which is how well they are doing them

it's checklists and stack-scores and excel tables. He appears to break down every throw, where it went and adds that into the mix. literally it's a 1000 page PDF and i had to scroll forever to even get a top 6 qb's.  

he's a smart dude, i've met him f2f several times over the years. He goes to Mobile and Indy every year he's not like sitting in his basement imagining rankings. 

 

So what’s the gist of why Wilson sucks, he appears to be immensely talented 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It's maybe on the low side but closer to reality than this hype driven Zach machine. 

note it's not a prediction of where he will be drafted it's a prediction of production in the league. In Zach Wilson's case a borderline starter in the Drew Lock neighborhood 

 

he was higher on Tua than Herbert 

here's his report on Herbert fwiw (found it for free) 

https://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=2020-rsp-excerpt-oregon-quarterback-justin-herbert

once upon a time he had a 1st rd grade on Russell Wilson 

like anyone else he has his good years and bad but doing anything for 10-20 years adds at least experience if not hard earned lessons 

Not really closer to reality. Since PFF, Daniel Jeremiah, Chris Simms, QBase and a bunch more have Wilson closer to Lawrence than outside of the top 5 overall. The one bastion of analysis you agree with is not more correct than the consensus. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Zach Wilson’s body ain’t holding up in the nfl

The same way Drew Brees didn’t?  I am not a Wilson homer but his quick release suggests otherwise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

It needs to be at 2 to get the best prospect in Wilson.

The exact logic that has led to the majority of teams making mistakes at the top of the draft over the last 10-15 years?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...