All Page 1 Zach Wilson Threads: MERGED

AFJF

38 minutes ago, derp said:

I had interpreted the grain to be popular opinion i.e. who goes high. Best guys have gone outside the top 5.

Big meh to QBase. The best QB’s in the league have middling projections and the guys with the best projections aren’t elite. The new model still hates Allen too so while they say the big value is projecting busts, not so sure I agree.

Simms seems to flip flop some and doesn’t have a particularly long track record. It’ll be more interesting when he’s got more data.

Qbase's value is actually predicting busts not elite players.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

A predictive measure isn’t gonna change because something improbably happened. He’s an outlier. Those exist. Altering the metric to correct for the outlier is not more accurate.

Or it’s just a bad metric. He’s not the only predicted bust it missed, and most drafted NFL quarterbacks bust anyway so picking busts isn’t particularly impressive. Plus none of the top guys by the metric are not actually elite NFL quarterbacks, and the metric didn’t identify any of the actually elite quarterbacks as elite either.

12 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Qbase's value is actually predicting busts not elite players.

Most players bust and it’s missed on busts as well. The guy right next to Allen in the projections is Flacco.

Also I literally said “while they say the big value is projecting busts” in the post you quoted. What are you trying to add exactly?

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Again, I don’t care about the opinion of a borderline troll of a poster who stole another person’s username to hide from the mods/circumvent a ban.  Since my past track record gets brought up quite a bit, I’ll remind everyone of yours (from your other account), once again:

philc1 is thadude?

hahahahaha

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Seeing as I have no life I spent a lot of my Good Friday digging through Matt Waldman's previous projections and while I'm not diminishing the work he puts in there's enough bizarre takes to not have me worrying that he's not high on Wilson

I'm not familiar with Waldman's previous projections - any good examples?

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

what you say is probably true (has QBase come out yet for 2021?)

but like they say in the stock market past performance doesn't guarantee future returns 

side note if we are taking PFF as gospel, they never recorded a lineman better than Penei Sewell 19 season. Quenton Nelson is their all time #2 and Ryan Ramcyzk their all time #3 

according to PFF, Sewell is an instant All Pro 

They may be right about Sewell.  But that doesn't mean you pick him at 2 in this draft when you don't have a QB.  

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Wilson's short accuracy is great but his intermediate and long accuracy are not as pinpoint as people say. Aspects like off platform throwing abilities and mobile throwing accuracy doesn't match the reputation and he uses like every throw in CFB to back it up. like he's got tables and tables of all the different types of throws etc.  He quantifies good throws as pinpoint accurate 

he does say Wilson excels at back shoulder type throws and has other nice things to say about him. But again, I'm not going to rip the dude off for months worth of work. 

The stats say that Wilson't long accuracy was the best in the country this year.  Those stats have been everywhere.  Intermediate not quite as good.  But don't let the facts get in the way of your argument. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I always wondered why there were two philc's.

It was the ultimate d!ck move to do that.  Unfortunately, the other guy doesn’t post that often so it actually worked.  Except for one problem:

jonah hill superbad GIF

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I think what many of us are overlooking is just his fit in the offense the Jets will want to run. Reason why the Niners want him. He can make all the throws necessary from every angle and position in the pocket. If the Jets feel they need that type QB for their system, then what’s the problem? 

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I'm not familiar with Waldman's previous projections - any good examples?

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

He was really high on Will Grier.

Also especially loved Mark Sanchez, Nate Davis, Brian Brohm, Blaine Gabbert and John Beck. Think he was also pretty high on Haskins and Rosen too. 

To be fair I bet most people have similar misses if you’re doing it for so long but it’s enough to put the mind at ease that the guy discounting Wilson doesn’t seem exceptionally better than most evaluators. 

• Upvote 2

Wilson fan here! & I don’t approve of this thread. Make no mistake, I will be extremely excited if we draft him & I’ll most likely be clinging to every throw he makes from training camp to the end of the season, but this savior stuff is stale and it does us no good. Sam “The Savior”, “Mark Sanchize”, etc, etc. 

I’d enjoy it if we wait & see how Wilson plays before we anoint him savior of the franchise. If he has a rookie season like Justin Herbert, I’d hang a banner up for the kid in the rafters....not now..not until it happens.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Delete this.

Sceew this savior non sense.

I strongly support drafting him, but this is not how NFL works. Zach will not succeed here unless a good team is built around him. 

Did you hear what Steve Young and Chris Simms said?

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

6’2 214 lbs laser rocket arm. This is the kid who is going to lead the Jets to the Super Bowl. So pumped! 

Ncaa Sports Sport GIF by BYU Cougars

We replaced the Sanchize with a Ginger and now we're going to a headband.

I need to see at least two consecutive seasons of great QB play before I declare anyone a savior of anything.