All Page 1 Zach Wilson Threads: MERGED

AFJF

On 4/4/2021 at 1:48 AM, QB1 said:

Here is a great video from 2019 showing how he does under pressure. Now he was coming off shoulder surgery and clearly wasn’t as sharp throwing the football as he is now... but look at how he handles himself in a collapsed pocket as BYU is totally overmatched by Washington. I think this kid will be just fine...

A little bit of everything here. Some nice throws under pressure, but I also counted at least 4 passes that should have been picked. Also a lot of drops/fumbles by his receivers.

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

It's a huge assumption that any rookie qb can show up week 1 and be an expert at processing. That's aside from the cupcake schedule. Most teams don't take a rookie and start him week 1 and let him learn the hard way. the Jets did it with Sanchez, darnold and are about to do it again 

I doubt the Jets will just force start a rookie.

Likely it will be a “open” competition for QB1 next season.

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

The coaching staff upgrade includes installation of a new offensive and defensive system. Currently the team is meeting over zoom without offseason workouts in person 

Yes I also like the coach Saleh hire, yes Quinnen and Becton are good.

You know as well as I do the Jets are not going to cut a 20 million dollar check to the 2 pick and let him sit 

Whoever the qb is in 2021 is going to be a crash test dummy 

That worries me the most.

I'm a recent convert to Wilson-ology. 

But the last thing I want to see is this undersized product of clean-AF-pockets with some injuries in his past thrown behind this offensive line.

BTW, you think Creed Humphrey fits this system after his pro-day #'s? Any thoughts on Kendrick Green as well?

8 minutes ago, fullblast said:

A little bit of everything here. Some nice throws under pressure, but I also counted at least 4 passes that should have been picked. Also a lot of drops/fumbles by his receivers.

yes this was in 2019 I think he's come a long way as a passer, he was also fresh off shoulder surgery. It just shows how he handles pressure 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

That worries me the most.

I'm a recent convert to Wilson-ology. 

But the last thing I want to see is this undersized product of clean-AF-pockets with some injuries in his past thrown behind this offensive line.

BTW, you think Creed Humphrey fits this system after his pro-day #'s? Any thoughts on Kendrick Green as well?

In my dreams the Jets draft Humphrey and an ot and its nick and brick again to go with Becton. This team has no above average unit except maybe defensive line. It would be nice if the offensive line was as good as the defensive Line. 

I don't think they find those guys at 23 and 34 though. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

I doubt the Jets will just force start a rookie.

Likely it will be a “open” competition for QB1 next season.

Contract dictates playing time 

They force started darnold and Sanchez 

Third times a charm 

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

In my dreams the Jets draft Humphrey and an ot and its nick and brick again to go with Becton. This team has no above average unit except maybe defensive line. It would be nice if the offensive line was as good as the defensive Line. 

After his workout numbers revealed pretty damn good athleticism, I genuinely wonder if Creed is now in consideration at 23. 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

After his workout numbers revealed pretty damn good athleticism, I genuinely wonder if Creed is now in consideration at 23. 

for whatever reason the Jets appear to have a higher opinion on McGovern and Fant than we do

7 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I hear that. I also think they've been fairly unpredictable and tight-lipped this offseason. 

Hard to gauge what they really think and speculate accordingly. 

everyone in america has them going Zach Wilson then defense and I wouldn't bet against it 

Jets fans are overrating how crappy defenses are that first year from 3-4 to 4-3 - that transition usually takes multiple drafts 

Just now, Tranquilo said:

Maybe they fit better in the new scheme. Sometimes signings take a year or two to acclimate. 

maybe 

or Maybe JD just likes sniffing his own farts

this dude signed Ryan Kalil for 8 million dollars and started him 7 games without a neck

he's not going to admit Fant signing was terrible or McGovern is only average

Heck Ryan Griffin is still on the roster somehow 

he's doubling down on everything he's done, to make himself look better, like every other GM, ever 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Oh what so you’ve bailed on T-Rex arms now? 

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

maybe 

or Maybe JD just likes sniffing his own farts

this dude signed Ryan Kalil for 8 million dollars and started him 7 games without a neck

he's not going to admit Fant signing was terrible or McGovern is only average

Heck Ryan Griffin is still on the roster somehow 

he's doubling down on everything he's done, to make himself look better, like every other GM, ever 

He's not done with cuts. It's mad early.

Think our non-interest in Linsley in FA would suggest Douglas see's McGovern as a viable starter? We had a bid in for Thuney and having missed on him, Guard still remains an area of concern. 

Get that they may love Humphrey and kick McGovern to Guard, but that seems unlikely to me. 

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

Oh what so you’ve bailed on T-Rex arms now? 

not really

I hope the Jets take Sewell but i don't think they will do it. When they left fant on the roster to get his money it showed they might not take a tackle at all.  

as for Sewell arm length is like QB height it's nice to have but there are a million exceptions 

the best lineman of all time arguable Joe Thomas had 32 1/2 inch arm length. Joe Staley another Trex was around 33. if long arms was all it took, Chuma Edoga would be amazing

were Sewell's arms oddly short? I expected him to have prototypical attributes and he did not. Slater, Cosmi, Jenkins all are under 34. Only Darrisaw has traditional "vines" and it's a question if guys like that fit in the outside zone 

post workout, the pro comp of Sewell is Jason Peters. he's a 330 pound man that moves like a guy 60 pounds lighter

someone's going to get a stud  - the Jets lack the bravery for such a pick 

2 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

Think our non-interest in Linsley in FA would suggest Douglas see's McGovern as a viable starter? We had a bid in for Thuney and having missed on him, Guard still remains an area of concern. 

Get that they may love Humphrey and kick McGovern to Guard, but that seems unlikely to me. 

Maybe they liked center prospects in the draft. Maybe they saw Linsley as a one-year-wonder @ 29 years old and didn't feel comfortable handing out a big contract.

The media speculation around them this offseason has been off. 

Bodes well for Wilson haters, but I also think it's going to be tougher to speculate on potential draft selections. 

I think Creed played some guard in college too, if I'm not mistaken.

Just now, RedBeardedSavage said:

Maybe they liked center prospects in the draft. Maybe they saw Linsley as a one-year-wonder @ 29 years old and didn't feel comfortable handing out a big contract.

The media speculation around them this offseason has been off. 

Bodes well for Wilson haters, but I also think it's going to be tougher to speculate on potential draft selections. 

I think Creed played some guard in college too, if I'm not mistaken.

This is possible too.

Now personally, I see a drop off after Humphrey/Dickerson to the other centers, and if teams feel similar, plus if you consider the depth at guard looks stronger than center, maybe Humphrey at 23 makes more sense than someone like Vera-Tucker. If Humphrey can play a season at Guard before moving to center, then even better.

I wouldn't hate the idea of taking your rookie QB and rookie C in the same draft, with the view that they become the lynchpin of your offence for the next decade. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

^^^A ex player who has watched the tape on Sam. A lot of missed and open WR and while our current WR core isn’t world breaking, it is improved. 

You have to assume with a QB who can process better we will have a more explosive offense next season, rookie starting or not 

More explosive?

26 minutes ago, bitonti said:

not really

I hope the Jets take Sewell but i don't think they will do it. When they left fant on the roster to get his money it showed they might not take a tackle at all.  

as for Sewell arm length is like QB height it's nice to have but there are a million exceptions 

the best lineman of all time arguable Joe Thomas had 32 1/2 inch arm length. Joe Staley another Trex was around 33. if long arms was all it took, Chuma Edoga would be amazing

were Sewell's arms oddly short? I expected him to have prototypical attributes and he did not. Slater, Cosmi, Jenkins all are under 34. Only Darrisaw has traditional "vines" and it's a question if guys like that fit in the outside zone 

post workout, the pro comp of Sewell is Jason Peters. he's a 330 pound man that moves like a guy 60 pounds lighter

someone's going to get a stud  - the Jets lack the bravery for such a pick 

t44a800_clap.jpg?width=1200&enable=upsca

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

t44a800_clap.jpg?width=1200&enable=upsca

You see the key to picking number 2 is you need to get an elite prospect. That checks all the boxes physically and pushes the needle as long as needle isn’t 34 inches away in which case the needle is too far away to be pushed. Also you wanna get a prospect that is less athletic but plays the same position as the guy you took at pick 11 the year prior.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

You see the key to picking number 2 is you need to get an elite prospect. That checks all the boxes physically and pushes the needle as long as needle isn’t 34 inches away in which case the needle is too far away to be pushed. Also you wanna get a prospect that is less athletic but plays the same position as the guy you took at pick 11 the year prior.

elite athletes only plz. we dont make the rules we just enforce them

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Wilson guys aren't allowed to talk about elite physical attributes

im not picky, nor am I wedded to some outcome that just has to happen.

if it's not Sewell, take Pitts. Whoever it is should be elite no brainer 100% certain pick 

too many people are content with the coinflip 

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Wilson guys aren't allowed to talk about elite physical attributes

im not picky, nor am I wedded to some outcome that just has to happen.

if it's not Sewell, take Pitts. Whoever it is should be elite no brainer 100% certain pick 

too many people are content with the coinflip 

Physical attributes and QBs don’t have the same equivalence as LTs and physical attributes.

50/50 on a QB is fairy good odds.

QBase puts Wilson at a 70% chance of not busting. So that’s better than a coin flip. 

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Physical attributes and QBs don’t have the same equivalence as LTs and physical attributes.

50/50 on a QB is fairy good odds.

QBase puts Wilson at a 70% chance of not busting. So that’s better than a coin flip. 

Sewell is still super elite. he's not perfect but he's super elite. Like better than 85% of LT starters 

Wilson didn't even run because he was already injured hamstring

Qbase's best prospect Evar was Marcus Mariota

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Sewell is still super elite. he's not perfect but he's super elite. Like better than 85% of LT starters 

Hmmm, must be easy to run faster when you aren't carrying the weight of normal human-sized arms. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, bitonti said:

Sewell is still super elite.

5.09 at a Pro Day at 330< 5.10 at the combine at 365

QBase basically told you that Mariota was gonna end up a league average starter. Doesn’t seem far off. 

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Hmmm, must be easy to run faster when you aren't carrying the weight of normal human-sized arms. 

using that logic, Zach wilson is sonic the hedgehog*

if Sonic had 2 rebuilt shoulders and a strained hamstring preventing him from running at Pro Day 

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

5.09 at a Pro Day at 330< 5.10 at the combine at 365

QBase basically told you that Mariota was gonna end up a league average starter. Doesn’t seem far off. 

Marcus Mariota is the highest QBase score ever how does that translate into league average starter?