All Page 1 Zach Wilson Threads: MERGED

AFJF

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I don’t see this as hyperbole as most do. Yes Trevor Lawrence is NCAA Jesus.

But I find it hilarious that people say “Fields is a 1 read QB with elite receivers and backs extending his stats. Sure he makes a couple sick throws a game but the rest are dump offs.”

Have these people seen a Clemson game?...

“Wilson is injury prone! He already had a shoulder surgery!” Uhhh...so did Lawrence, literally this offseason.

If I had to choose, yes I’d Lawrence. I think he’s a safer pick, but Wilson has higher upside...and Fields ain’t too far behind either. I don’t know if I’ve ever see anyone better than Wilson’s ball placement + accuracy, honestly.

At the end of the day can we all agree that there’s 3-4 monster QB prospects who can all be all pros depending on what teams, players, coaches, and systems they’re surrounded with.

I think Lawrence is closer to Fields than he is to Wilson. I know I'm in the minority their but that's just me. I have it Wilson, Lawrence, Lance, Fields, Jones but I agree with the bold. I think Lawrence is ultimately winding up in the worst situation of the top 3 QBs, and would remain the case if Atlanta took a QB as well. Will be fun to track their careers

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

Cant wait to get this kid here.  Exciting time to be a Jets fan.  With Saleh tearing it up on the sidelines, Wilson tearing it up on the field and Joe D tearing it up in the office, we couldnt ask to be in a better place for a ground up rebuild.

21 draft picks the next 2 years to add players!!!!!!!!!!!!  WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

49 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Cant wait to get this kid here.  Exciting time to be a Jets fan.  With Saleh tearing it up on the sidelines, Wilson tearing it up on the field and Joe D tearing it up in the office, we couldnt ask to be in a better place for a ground up rebuild.

21 draft picks the next 2 years to add players!!!!!!!!!!!!  WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m tearing up reading this. ?

• Haha 1

Hugely telling stat. Although not surprising for anyone who's watched their tape. 

Wilson for all the talk about his weak schedule was throwing into much tighter windows - it immediately stands out. His WR's were rarely wide open. If you look at Fields' and even Lawrence's film it's often throwing to guys in 5 yards of space. Wilson is the one guys consistently making NFL throws. 

He throws and incredibly good ball into covered wideouts. Genuinely perfect for Mims and Davis who aren't the best separators but can go and get it. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Hugely telling stat. Although not surprising for anyone who's watched their tape. 

Wilson for all the talk about his weak schedule was throwing into much tighter windows - it immediately stands out. His WR's were rarely wide open. If you look at Fields' and even Lawrence's film it's often throwing to guys in 5 yards of space. Wilson is the one guys consistently making NFL throws. 

He throws and incredibly good ball into covered wideouts. Genuinely perfect for Mims and Davis who aren't the best separators but can go and get it. 

Yeah Wilson makes the most NFL type throws in the draft, but I also think this is an unusual QB draft. Usually you are trying to find the 1 or 2 guys of the Top 5 or 6 that will be really good. This year I think all of the Top 5 will be at least above average in the NFL.

From what I have seen, in terms of throwing the ball Wilson is just a notch above.

Recently I came up with an idea of why some hate Wilson other than the esoteric stuff and I think that all the emphasis and arm angles reminds people of Sam's evaluation so they fear he will be the same player. But reality is that Wilson is like Sam just without the turnover issues, better accuracy, better football brain, and a deep ball in a different stratosphere.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Throwing against DBs who couldn’t intercept an old lady throwing a beach ball

Here’s the major major concern with Zach and these quotes come directly from his father and his HS coach:

His dad: “He’s not award-driven. He’s not, ‘I want to win a Super Bowl at all costs.’ ” 

HS coach:  “There is no doubt about it: With who he is as a person, he could walk away from it tomorrow and be fine.” 

Apparently with all his filthy family richness and brat attitude, he isn’t really all that invested.  Straight out of Sports Illustrated. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2021/04/14/trevor-lawrence-magazine-cover-story-daily-cover

• Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Here’s the major major concern with Zach and these quotes come directly from his father and his HS coach:

His dad: “He’s not award-driven. He’s not, ‘I want to win a Super Bowl at all costs.’ ” 

HS coach:  “There is no doubt about it: With who he is as a person, he could walk away from it tomorrow and be fine.” 

Apparently with all his filthy family richness and brat attitude, he isn’t really all that invested.  Straight out of Sports Illustrated. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2021/04/14/trevor-lawrence-magazine-cover-story-daily-cover

Zach?

Just now, Tranquilo said:

Why are you deflecting and making it personal? It’s a simple question. If you can’t answer it just say so, damn. 

I just want to understand the age of the poster I’m having discourse with. 

You’re non-answer gives me my answer. 

Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I just want to understand the age of the poster I’m having discourse with. 

You’re non-answer gives me my answer. 

Thanks. 

And you have no clue what multi-leveled sarcasm is. Thought so. Don’t write sh*t you can’t explain. 

also, your misuse of your tells me the age of the poster i’m having discourse with.