All Page 1 Zach Wilson Threads: MERGED

AFJF

2 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Was going to start a new thread for this, but figured I'll give it a whirl here instead.

If you were a Fields or Lance or whoever guy a few months ago, are you now excited for Wilson?

I was/am very pro Fields.  I was very anti Wilson.  I still do not feel as comfortable as seemingly most ex player/coach/front office/analyst types do, but I have to admit I am now pretty jazzed about him.

I just continue to see so many glowing takes about him. I actually have gotten texts from relatives and friends who say they envy me as a Jets fan because they like Wilson so much.

I would have eventually gotten on board with pretty much anyone, I always try to be positive, but I just keep getting blugeoned with Wilson praise and it's intoxicating. 

Yes I was the biggest fields hype man on this forum and coined the nickname “bitch face” for Wilson. 

The pro day triggered my interest and allowed me to start removing my bias. It made me realize how special of a thrower this kid is, then I watched every throw of the season on YouTube and became convinced he is the right choice. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, QB1 said:

Yes I was the biggest fields hype man on this forum and coined the nickname “bitch face” for Wilson. 

The pro day triggered my interest and allowed me to start removing my bias. It made me realize how special of a thrower this kid is, then I watched every throw of the season on YouTube and became convinced he is the right choice. 

Vague....  Fields or Wilson?  Who are you stoked for?  hard to tell from your post.  

On 4/14/2021 at 6:57 PM, QB1 said:

You were right the first time 

Always trust your first impression 

Wilson is obviously going to be a spectacular bust 

Any other outcome would be a surprise 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Larz said:

Average in Utah maybe lol

He's undersized for what you WANT in a QB. you want someone who stands 6'4, at 220-230lbs. But in the modern NFL QB traits such as arm strength, mobility, athleticism and ability to make plays off script are way more important than height/weight. Zach Wilson has that in spades. For those who say he's 'frail'. Well, he's still just a kid and he's going to enter an NFL training program. He IS going to get stronger, even if he doesn't add much more weight. But he's a great athlete with a cannon arm, it doesn;t even matte if he gains much more weight. 

Here's a list of 'starting' QBs who are smaller or in the same range as Zach Wilson as far as height/weight.

Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray, Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson, Tua Tagovailoa, Kirk Cousins, Jalen Hurts, Russell Wilson. 

Most of these are athletic QBs who are a threat to run and can throw on the move. Just like Zach. 

Now, am I concerned he will get injured. Sure. Mainly b/c he had 3 surgeries already. Not nec. because of his size/frame. There hare a lot of big, athletic guys with NFL bodies who are injury prone. Jaelan Phillips comes to mind. 

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

This makes me happy. Based on your track record, it means that Zach Wilson has a 99% chance of being a superstar.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

7 minutes ago, PepPep said:

He's undersized for what you WANT in a QB. you want someone who stands 6'4, at 220-230lbs. But in the modern NFL QB traits such as arm strength, mobility, athleticism and ability to make plays off script are way more important than height/weight. Zach Wilson has that in spades. For those who say he's 'frail'. Well, he's still just a kid and he's going to enter an NFL training program. He IS going to get stronger, even if he doesn't add much more weight. But he's a great athlete with a cannon arm, it doesn;t even matte if he gains much more weight. 

Here's a list of 'starting' QBs who are smaller or in the same range as Zach Wilson as far as height/weight.

Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray, Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson, Tua Tagovailoa, Kirk Cousins, Jalen Hurts, Russell Wilson. 

Most of these are athletic QBs who are a threat to run and can throw on the move. Just like Zach. 

Now, am I concerned he will get injured. Sure. Mainly b/c he had 3 surgeries already. Not nec. because of his size/frame. There hare a lot of big, athletic guys with NFL bodies who are injury prone. Jaelan Phillips comes to mind. 

All valid points but it’s not what I want it’s what the position requires. Too fast to hit or too big to hurt

hes simply neither 

Ozzie newsome is famous for saying about scouting / drafting....

”know what you are looking for and what you are looking at“

don’t fall in love 

I’m convinced maccagnan fell in love with hackenburg and Darnold on things like charisma and looking the part and looked beyond obvious flaws  

all I’m saying is this is a pretty obvious flaw 

On 4/14/2021 at 3:49 PM, Peace Frog said:

Apparently with all his filthy family richness and brat attitude, he isn’t really all that invested.  Straight out of Sports Illustrated. 

Want to post how rich he is because his uncle owns JetBlue.

And all those bratty issues you've dreamed up

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

All valid points but it’s not what I want it’s what the position requires. Too fast to hit or too big to hurt

hes simply neither 

so you’re just in denial about the fact that half the QBs in the NFL are his same size?

you don’t think he can put up 10 lbs of muscle with an NFL training program at 21 years old?

5 hours ago, bitonti said:

How'd your Gohlston and Robertson predictions off of their measurables work out?

We're in good shape, whoever we pick was done by people who know what theyre looking at

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Well if Mayfield, Murray etc who are 2+ inches shorter than Wilson are in the same range than so are Rodgers and Mahomes at 6-3, only an inch taller.  

He's not going to fail for not being an inch taller or thrive for being a couple of inches taller than a Mayfield.  

Just now, Larz said:

Don’t fall in love my man 

It’s a legitimate concern 

Not in love... is he the ideal size? Obviously not... he is slightly below to right at NFL average size. You are dismissing a player because of a few photos vs his actual measurements... 

2B02FD3D-9AE7-4A37-9201-B98303751D36.png

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Well if Mayfield, Murray etc who are 2+ inches shorter than Wilson are in the same range than so are Rodgers and Mahomes at 6-3, only an inch taller.  

He's not going to fail for not being an inch taller or thrive for being a couple of inches taller than a Mayfield.  

Rodgers measured in at 74 inches (6”2) at the combine