All Page 1 Zach Wilson Threads: MERGED

AFJF

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Want to post how rich he is because his uncle owns JetBlue.

And all those bratty issues you've dreamed up

That was sarcasm. I think the whole rich brat angle is one of the worst criticisms of him. That and heel clicks. 

I’m fully on Team Wilson. Going to be a stud for us. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

That was sarcasm. I think the whole rich brat angle is one of the worst criticisms of him. That and heel clicks. 

I’m fully on Team Wilson. Going to be a stud for us. 

There are plenty here that believe it.

I had someone telling me he can just walk away and be rich.  It's the dumbest argument imaginable

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

There are plenty here that believe it.

I had someone telling me he can just walk away and be rich.  It's the dumbest argument imaginable

That was my point. It’s ludicrous. Guess those Manning’s were going to walk away at anytime. 

Hell, they said the same thing about Rosen and he’s kicked around to 4 teams as a backup. His family is rich, he made a ton of $$ himself, why hasn’t he just walked away. 

There is nothing I’ve seen in any interview with Zach that indicates he’d be just happy walking away from it all. 

Yet Trevor’s HS coach said exactly that, his Dad had similar sentiments but no one is questioning his desire to play football. 

This place is too funny sometimes. 

NOW he’s not big enough even though he’s the same size as Rogers? Heavier than Trevor? Bigger than Mayfield Murray Breed and R Wilson? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Larz said:

All valid points but it’s not what I want it’s what the position requires. Too fast to hit or too big to hurt

hes simply neither 

fast mobile QBs know how to run out of bounds, get rid of the ball and slide but none are 'too fast to hit'. No football player, QB or other, is 'too fast to hit'. If you are in the NFL you will get hit. No QB or player is 'too big to hurt'. Some of the biggest players in the NFL get injured. Mt. Becton is a good example. If you are a big, sturdy QB with tree-trunk legs but you aren't very mobile or you don't have great awareness, you will get hit hard in the NFL and you will get concussions- at the very least. Was Andrew Luck too big to get hurt or too fast to get hit? Your reasoning is absurd. 

Is Zach Wilson more prone to potentially getting injured because of his size? Maybe. But you really can't assume that. Like I said, there's plenty of QBs who have had success at his height/weight/size. He's a mobile, athletic QB coming in at 6'3, 215 as a rookie. There should be zero red flags about that. His injury history however is another story.  

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Well if Mayfield, Murray etc who are 2+ inches shorter than Wilson are in the same range than so are Rodgers and Mahomes at 6-3, only an inch taller.  

He's not going to fail for not being an inch taller or thrive for being a couple of inches taller than a Mayfield.  

Well, for the record I said 'smaller or in the same range as Zach'. But I agree. This notion that +/- 1 or 2 inches or 10-15 lbs will make the difference between the failure and success or injury and health of a QB is absolutely absurd. 

2 hours ago, Larz said:

Don’t fall in love my man 

It’s a legitimate concern 

You keep saying that but you aren't really backing it up with anything. His size is a concern? How so? everyone is telling you there are lots of QBs with his size who are successful in the NFL. Are you just pretending thats not a thing? Are you pretending Z.Wilson is actually smaller, weaker, frailer than he is? What is your actual concern? 

Now. MY concern is that he had 3 surgeries. THATS a valid concern. But that has nothing to do with his SIZE, WEIGHT, FRAME, etc. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

So Trevor at 6-6 205 4.78 is too fast to hit or too big to hurt but Zach at 6-2 215 4.89 is so small and slow he’s going to get hit and injured?

Trevor Lawrence is going to get snapped like the twig he is. 

This just keeps getting sillier. 

This 

and after he gets snapped he’s taking his football and going home

• Sympathy 1

https://www.heraldextra.com/sports/college/byu/football/espns-kirk-herbstreit-likes-zach-wilsons-fire-warns-of-recent-nfl-qb-failures/article_1cee98bd-1842-547b-a281-79acbb955a4c.html

“What I liked about Zach Wilson is this guy has a chip on his shoulder,” Herbsteit said. “He wears a wristband that says ‘prove them wrong.’ I was like, ‘who you trying to prove wrong, my man? Everyone loves you.’ But it’s just he wasn’t recruited heavily. He grew up in Salt Lake and his dad played at Utah, but Utah didn’t recruit him. I think from that point on he had a chip on his shoulder and he has not let it go.”

Herbstreit said he believes that Wilson’s mental toughness is something that would be key if he did go to the Jets.

“I don’t think I personally would question it,” Herbstreit said. “I’d be careful of looking at him with his baby face and growing up in Utah and judging the cover of book on just what you see. This kid’s got some good wiring. I love guys that are mad. I love guys that are out to prove everybody wrong. He’s not emotional about it or he’s not on social media saying, ‘you’ll see!’ It’s nothing like that.”

Herbstreit summed up what he sees in Wilson by saying he has “an internal fire that that’s burning.”

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

https://www.heraldextra.com/sports/college/byu/football/espns-kirk-herbstreit-likes-zach-wilsons-fire-warns-of-recent-nfl-qb-failures/article_1cee98bd-1842-547b-a281-79acbb955a4c.html

“What I liked about Zach Wilson is this guy has a chip on his shoulder,” Herbsteit said. “He wears a wristband that says ‘prove them wrong.’ I was like, ‘who you trying to prove wrong, my man? Everyone loves you.’ But it’s just he wasn’t recruited heavily. He grew up in Salt Lake and his dad played at Utah, but Utah didn’t recruit him. I think from that point on he had a chip on his shoulder and he has not let it go.”

Herbstreit said he believes that Wilson’s mental toughness is something that would be key if he did go to the Jets.

“I don’t think I personally would question it,” Herbstreit said. “I’d be careful of looking at him with his baby face and growing up in Utah and judging the cover of book on just what you see. This kid’s got some good wiring. I love guys that are mad. I love guys that are out to prove everybody wrong. He’s not emotional about it or he’s not on social media saying, ‘you’ll see!’ It’s nothing like that.”

Herbstreit summed up what he sees in Wilson by saying he has “an internal fire that that’s burning.”

Any dude who wears an any team any time any place headband is probably a little nuts. 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

This is what hanging out with Zach wilson feels like 

Examine this face 

Learn it 

It's going to be us in the mirror in September when he goes on IR 

486697971_2A4DB884-B179-4DA1-9A46-547F4A14BA87.jpeg.1951abbb121366788400e9eebb5afa192.jpeg.7a344c7cb3acc04289bbadfb73c6dc2f.jpeg

I dont get the constant childish nonsense making fun of a 21 year old because he looks like hes 17.

He has a ton of talent, so much that those like you pick on his face, his height, his bandana, he uncle.  Or the rather ridiculous idea that hes bound to be on the IR.  How lame can it get.  Youre scaring people with IR predictions pulled out of your butt.  

Nothing about how well he throws a friggen football, you know what we want our QB to do 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Morrissey said:

Herbstreit’s ESPN Zach episode is Tuesday night at 9:00 pm. 

• Upvote 1

I don't get it. This seems like it's so obviously going to be a disaster. I wasn't a big Darnold guy but atleast there was some things you could point to with him in order to be optimistic. I don't see much with Wilson. Even his highlight videos are laced with under throws, atleast the ones I've seen.

Kind of blows my mind that he's going #2

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, PepPep said:

You keep saying that but you aren't really backing it up with anything. His size is a concern? How so? everyone is telling you there are lots of QBs with his size who are successful in the NFL. Are you just pretending thats not a thing? Are you pretending Z.Wilson is actually smaller, weaker, frailer than he is? What is your actual concern? 

Now. MY concern is that he had 3 surgeries. THATS a valid concern. But that has nothing to do with his SIZE, WEIGHT, FRAME, etc. 

Good for you. Have a cookie. We disagree. No need to get hostile