Jump to content

All Page 1 Zach Wilson Threads: MERGED


AFJF
 Share

Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Could you imagine being a jet fan and not being crazy excited that zach wilson is going ot be our qb?

Man, thats got to be miserable.

We spent 6 months watching and waiting for Trevor Lawerance to be the next QB of the jets, a generational player, the guy who will single handled turn around 50 years of mediocrity only for it to be taken away.

Then we watched Justin Fields tear it up against Clemson and look like a very good consolation prize.

Then all of a sudden some guy from BYU sprung out of no where after a great bowl game against UCF who 99% of the regular joes had never heard of before December and was been talked about as a top 10 pick

Then we spent 3 months of arguments of is this kid from BYU better than Darnold and is the trade down a better option or should we reset the rookie contract.

Now it's Wilson is the #2 pick and there is no other option so get excited or be miserable.

For some of us it's hard to get excited about a guy who only came to light during draft season, he wasn't on the radar to the vast majority of us as a great consolation prize to TL as the NFL season was progressing. We've been here before and been sold the next great draft prospect only for it to blow up in our face so I'm sorry for not been excited about Wilson after 52 years of expectations from O'brien, pennington, Sanchez, Darnold and now wilson.

 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We spent 6 months watching and waiting for Trevor Lawerance to be the next QB of the jets, a generational player, the guy who will single handled turn around 50 years of mediocrity only for it to be taken away.
Then we watched Justin Fields tear it up against Clemson and look like a very good consolation prize.
Then all of a sudden some guy from BYU sprung out of no where after a great bowl game against UCF who 99% of the regular joes had never heard of before December and was been talked about as a top 10 pick
Then we spent 3 months of arguments of is this kid from BYU better than Darnold and is the trade down a better option or should we reset the rookie contract.
Now it's Wilson is the #2 pick and there is no other option so get excited or be miserable.
For some of us it's hard to get excited about a guy who only came to light during draft season, he wasn't on the radar to the vast majority of us as a great consolation prize to TL as the NFL season was progressing. We've been here before and been sold the next great draft prospect only for it to blow up in our face so I'm sorry for not been excited about Wilson after 52 years of expectations from O'brien, pennington, Sanchez, Darnold and now wilson.
 
 
Well if the Jets weren't the Jets ..n they would be picking Lawrence next Thursday.. you ... being a free person ... can choose whatever team you like.... I myself ... I've chosen to ride this team to the end ... so if its Wilson ... I'm gonna get pumped ... the kid has talent.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

We spent 6 months watching and waiting for Trevor Lawerance to be the next QB of the jets, a generational player, the guy who will single handled turn around 50 years of mediocrity only for it to be taken away.

Then we watched Justin Fields tear it up against Clemson and look like a very good consolation prize.

Then all of a sudden some guy from BYU sprung out of no where after a great bowl game against UCF who 99% of the regular joes had never heard of before December and was been talked about as a top 10 pick

Then we spent 3 months of arguments of is this kid from BYU better than Darnold and is the trade down a better option or should we reset the rookie contract.

Now it's Wilson is the #2 pick and there is no other option so get excited or be miserable.

For some of us it's hard to get excited about a guy who only came to light during draft season, he wasn't on the radar to the vast majority of us as a great consolation prize to TL as the NFL season was progressing. We've been here before and been sold the next great draft prospect only for it to blow up in our face so I'm sorry for not been excited about Wilson after 52 years of expectations from O'brien, pennington, Sanchez, Darnold and now wilson.

 

 

so because A guy didn’t have casual fan hype he isn’t going to be good? Consider it a blessing that our GM doesn’t draft based on superficial hype... no one knew who mahomes or Allen were before they got drafted... hell, Murray wasn’t even the consensus #1 pick until a month before the draft. Was anyone tanking for herbert last year? How did tank for tua work out? Get real 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Well if the Jets weren't the Jets ..n they would be picking Lawrence next Thursday.. you ... being a free person ... can choose whatever team you like.... I myself ... I've chosen to ride this team to the end ... so if its Wilson ... I'm gonna get pumped ... the kid has talent.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app
 

When Zack wilson's great arm, quick release, ability to make unbelievable down field throws, fantastic off script plays all translate to the NFL and Joe Douglas surround him with a great team on offence and defence then I will get excited.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, QB1 said:

so because A guy didn’t have casual fan hype he isn’t going to be good? Consider it a blessing that our GM doesn’t draft based on superficial hype... no one knew who mahomes or Allen were before they got drafted... hell, Murray wasn’t even the consensus #1 pick until a month before the draft. Was anyone tanking for herbert last year? How did tank for tua work out? Get real 

So you name out all the QBs that were not been hyped up to the last like Wilson is and they all worked out. I'm struggling to think of a Qb who has had as much hype as wilson and been a success in recent times. Andrew Luck perhaps 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

We spent 6 months watching and waiting for Trevor Lawerance to be the next QB of the jets, a generational player, the guy who will single handled turn around 50 years of mediocrity only for it to be taken away.

Then we watched Justin Fields tear it up against Clemson and look like a very good consolation prize.

Then all of a sudden some guy from BYU sprung out of no where after a great bowl game against UCF who 99% of the regular joes had never heard of before December and was been talked about as a top 10 pick

Then we spent 3 months of arguments of is this kid from BYU better than Darnold and is the trade down a better option or should we reset the rookie contract.

Now it's Wilson is the #2 pick and there is no other option so get excited or be miserable.

For some of us it's hard to get excited about a guy who only came to light during draft season, he wasn't on the radar to the vast majority of us as a great consolation prize to TL as the NFL season was progressing. We've been here before and been sold the next great draft prospect only for it to blow up in our face so I'm sorry for not been excited about Wilson after 52 years of expectations from O'brien, pennington, Sanchez, Darnold and now wilson.

 

 

It’s a good thing that it doesn’t matter if you’re excited or not. He’ll be good either way. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, adobolo2 said:

So you name out all the QBs that were not been hyped up to the last like Wilson is and they all worked out. I'm struggling to think of a Qb who has had as much hype as wilson and been a success in recent times. Andrew Luck perhaps 

Wilson isn’t even the most hyped QB in this draft 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

We spent 6 months watching and waiting for Trevor Lawerance to be the next QB of the jets, a generational player, the guy who will single handled turn around 50 years of mediocrity only for it to be taken away.

Then we watched Justin Fields tear it up against Clemson and look like a very good consolation prize.

Then all of a sudden some guy from BYU sprung out of no where after a great bowl game against UCF who 99% of the regular joes had never heard of before December and was been talked about as a top 10 pick

Then we spent 3 months of arguments of is this kid from BYU better than Darnold and is the trade down a better option or should we reset the rookie contract.

Now it's Wilson is the #2 pick and there is no other option so get excited or be miserable.

For some of us it's hard to get excited about a guy who only came to light during draft season, he wasn't on the radar to the vast majority of us as a great consolation prize to TL as the NFL season was progressing. We've been here before and been sold the next great draft prospect only for it to blow up in our face so I'm sorry for not been excited about Wilson after 52 years of expectations from O'brien, pennington, Sanchez, Darnold and now wilson.

 

 

Watch the film.  It’s hard not to get excited.
First step - acknowledge he’s an incredible talent. Hold on to your others concerns if you want. But if you can get to the point where you can accept he has incredible talent and upside - from there keep your worries and be skeptical  At least it’ll get you half way there. Then let him prove the rest. 

I mean that seriously.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Wilson isn’t even the most hyped QB in this draft 

A he is, first joe Thiesman said he was the best qb in this draft then Tim jenkins made a name for himself by saying he's the best and once chris simms said it everyone believes it. I'm not saying any of these analysts are wrong I don't know, none of us know but what I am saying is there is unreal hype around Wilson.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, adobolo2 said:

A he is, first joe Thiesman said he was the best qb in this draft then Tim jenkins made a name for himself by saying he's the best and once chris simms said it everyone believes it. I'm not saying any of these analysts are wrong I don't know, none of us know but what I am saying is there is unreal hype around Wilson.

So because some people think he is the best QB he is “hyped”? The only “hyped” QB Is Lawrence who people speak of as generational even though he has huge flaws in his game... He is supposed to have all this “potential” but he hasn’t improved at all since his freshman year...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Watch the film.  It’s hard not to get excited.
First step - acknowledge he’s an incredible talent. Hold on to your others concerns if you want. But if you can get to the point where you can accept he has incredible talent and upside - from there keep your worries and be skeptical  At least it’ll get you half way there. Then let him prove the rest. 

I mean that seriously.  

I want noting more than wilson to be the best QB the jets ever had, Im bombarded daily by people telling me Wilson is going to be great, I am sceptical but I hope and pray I'm proved wrong and will never be a person who looks for him to fail to prove a point.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, QB1 said:

So because some people think he is the best QB he is “hyped”? The only “hyped” QB Is Lawrence who people speak of as generational even though he has huge flaws in his game... He is supposed to have all this “potential” but he hasn’t improved at all since his freshman year...

I will agree with you there, his PFF numbers have slightly risen since his freshman year but I think he has regressed. What you are seeing with TL now in collage is most likely what his entire nfl carrier will be. Wilson has a much higher celling as they say but in my personal opinion he also has a much higher bust rate than lawerance.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

A he is, first joe Thiesman said he was the best qb in this draft then Tim jenkins made a name for himself by saying he's the best and once chris simms said it everyone believes it. I'm not saying any of these analysts are wrong I don't know, none of us know but what I am saying is there is unreal hype around Wilson.

There’s more people hyping up Lawrence, it’s just that we’re used to it now 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Watch the film.  It’s hard not to get excited.
First step - acknowledge he’s an incredible talent. Hold on to your others concerns if you want. But if you can get to the point where you can accept he has incredible talent and upside - from there keep your worries and be skeptical  At least it’ll get you half way there. Then let him prove the rest. 

I mean that seriously.  

He throws a pretty football. How’s that? As a start. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So what would happen if NFL QBs had every single throw from 2020 put under a microscope like they are with the 2021 QB class? 

There is analysis and there is obsessive nitpicking. A lot of the so-called video breakdowns I’ve been seeing lately on Fields, Wilson, etc. is more of the latter. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Could you imagine being a jet fan and not being crazy excited that zach wilson is going ot be our qb?

Man, thats got to be miserable.

I'm not crazy excited for anyone to be our QB because this team is run by pooheads and nobody ever works out. And I'm a giant dildo for continuously thinking someone will.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I'm not crazy excited for anyone to be our QB because this team is run by pooheads and nobody ever works out. And I'm a giant dildo for continuously thinking someone will.

Pretty much.

The only excitement I’m going to derive is the type that comes with a talented clean slate who hasn’t taken a dump on the field for us yet.

Of course that could be said of the last few QBs we’ve drafted, too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Pretty much.

The only excitement I’m going to derive is the type that comes with a talented clean slate who hasn’t taken a dump on the field for us yet.

Of course that could be said of the last few QBs we’ve drafted, too.

Can't wait to hear all the hot takes about why the DB or 3-technique we take at 23 is finally the right defensive player we need.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...