All Page 1 Zach Wilson Threads: MERGED

AFJF

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Can't wait to hear all the hot takes about why the DB or 3-technique we take at 23 is finally the right defensive player we need.

Actually I think he is going DB at 23 (corner not safety, though).

My rationale is in slats’s thread, if you’re having trouble sleeping.

9 hours ago, adobolo2 said:

We spent 6 months watching and waiting for Trevor Lawerance to be the next QB of the jets, a generational player, the guy who will single handled turn around 50 years of mediocrity only for it to be taken away.

Then we watched Justin Fields tear it up against Clemson and look like a very good consolation prize.

Then all of a sudden some guy from BYU sprung out of no where after a great bowl game against UCF who 99% of the regular joes had never heard of before December and was been talked about as a top 10 pick

Then we spent 3 months of arguments of is this kid from BYU better than Darnold and is the trade down a better option or should we reset the rookie contract.

Now it's Wilson is the #2 pick and there is no other option so get excited or be miserable.

For some of us it's hard to get excited about a guy who only came to light during draft season, he wasn't on the radar to the vast majority of us as a great consolation prize to TL as the NFL season was progressing. We've been here before and been sold the next great draft prospect only for it to blow up in our face so I'm sorry for not been excited about Wilson after 52 years of expectations from O'brien, pennington, Sanchez, Darnold and now wilson.

I think if Jet fans have criticisms of a specific prospect (human being, lest we forget these are actual human beings we are talking about) they should be able to somehow back them up. Not with any kind of expertise, just with some kind of valid argument a person can wrap their head around. Its fine to say you prefer Fields or you're disappointed we missed out on TL or you think Lance has more upside or you don't like Wilson b/c of X, Y, Z (given that those are valid reasons), or f**k maybe you even feel like this is the perfect time to strike a deal for Watson. I think you'll hear a bit of all of these opinions from Jet fans on this forum. But to argue that Wilson is a bad pick because hes not big enough and/or comes from wealth doesn't really have merit. lol. 

It's totally fine if some Jet fans are not to be on board with Wison, they can form their own opinion and time will tell. Just don't trash him without merit.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

18 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Could you imagine being a jet fan and not being crazy excited that zach wilson is going ot be our qb?

Man, thats got to be miserable.

Most of us never heard of Wilson until three months ago and have only seen him on film or in pictures.  That's why we can't get excited.

Imagine your long lost brother-in-law suddenly appearing out of nowhere and now, he's coming to live with you.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

You mean like this ??? I'm sure Zach is landing a lot of barbies. ?gisele-mensaje-tom-brady-1m-m.jpeg.9e1aa9db9e549a985547e0249ac536cf.jpegtom_gisele_955856222.thumb.jpeg.75ec9a481bbad933ba886fabb6faceab.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

No.  That's Evil Ken Doll.   Mattel designed a different expression (ia malevolent grin) into every model.  The prototype was literally so evil they tried to destroy it.  But it escaped the factory and killed a bunch of toy designers.

2 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

It appears the Jets have finally told the Zach Wilson family he will be the pick. The father started following Woody Johnson on twitter and Zach just followed on instagram  allinonestopshop which is located in NJ 30 minutes from Floram park. Not to mention also recently following Quinnen and Perrine.

I just need them to start selling the headband to confirm 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, adobolo2 said:

Then all of a sudden some guy from BYU sprung out of no where after a great bowl game against UCF who 99% of the regular joes had never heard of before December and was been talked about as a top 10 pick

Wow this is wrong.

People were talking up Wilson long before his bowl game.  

If people didnt hear about him before December, they weren't paying attention

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

It appears the Jets have finally told the Zach Wilson family he will be the pick. The father started following Woody Johnson on twitter and Zach just followed on instagram  allinonestopshop which is located in NJ 30 minutes from Floram park. Not to mention also recently following Quinnen and Perrine.

Zach Wilsons dad. 

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

OMG, my condolences to the Wilson family, 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

OMG, my condolences to the Wilson family, 

LOL

Is there any condolences to the 10 Jets players who graduated  from Florida colleges?  8 of them probably grew up as Fins fans.

Ya got to come up with something better then this to attack Wilson with.  C'mon, your not really trying.  :) 

4 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

He also started following 49ers and Falcons 

D9F15991-2A99-48D7-B540-3BC4273F3A96.jpeg

20 minutes ago, flgreen said:

LOL

Is there any condolences to the 10 Jets players who graduated  from Florida colleges?  8 of them probably grew up as Fins fans.

Ya got to come up with something better then this to attack Wilson with.  C'mon, your not really trying.  :) 

Attacking Wilson? I’m advocating for Wilson. I loved Sam coming out, I literally had tears in my eyes when we drafted him. Just don’t want to see that happen to another fine young man. It’s no surprise that the draft Sam came out of the QBs that went to the teams that built around them have done w the best. We need another draft to be ready for Zach, just don’t see him succeed as a plug in starter in this team. If we grab a vet to start and  kid come along slowly then I’m fine with him. I only prefer Fields because the Clemson game beating  he took is what the QB we draft and start will face. That damn, Kid took a licking abs kept on ticking. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Attacking Wilson? I’m advocating for Wilson. I loved Sam coming out, I literally had tears in my eyes when we drafted him. Just don’t want to see that happen to another fine young man. It’s no surprise that the draft Sam came out of the QBs that went to the teams that built around them have done w the best. We need another draft to be ready for Zach, just don’t see him succeed as a plug in starter in this team. If we grab a vet to start and  kid come along slowly then I’m fine with him. I only prefer Fields because the Clemson game beating  he took is what the QB we draft and start will face. That damn, Kid took a licking abs kept on ticking. 

In Sept I liked Fields too.  Wilson has MUCH better tape then Fields this season.

1 hour ago, DetroitRed said:

Some strong and fair criticism. 

Some people just refuse to see how good this kid is. You’d think that someone with this many flaws would have those translate into turnovers... rather than go 12 games with 3 picks (one being his third pass of the season and another being a Hail Mary). 

• Upvote 1