All Page 1 Zach Wilson Threads: MERGED

AFJF

Just now, Philc1 said:

No I’m just wondering how sh tting on bottom feeder program DBs who can’t break a 5.5 40 and have no ball skills but being average at best facing Coastal Carolina is the NFL success recipe

Coastal Carolina was the 14th ranked team in the nation.

And second, if you can't tell whether a guy is good or not because you think the DBs aren't good, then yeah, you don't know how to judge talent from small schools. So keep wondering.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tranquilo said:

Coastal Carolina was the 14th ranked team in the nation.

And second, if you can't tell whether a guy is good or not because you think the DBs aren't good, then yeah, you don't know how to judge talent from small schools. So keep wondering.

How about if you can tell he’s good but just not #2 good?

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Neil Degrasse Tyson Whatever GIF

The dude can have brother wives sister husbands idk as long as he balls out and wins games 

They play TB12 next year btw. This Zach kapono party is all well and good in the abstract. If he survives 17 games uninjured it would be a shock 

This is a cop out. Because once he plays well without getting hurt you're gonna say "I never said he was bad! Just that he might get hurt!"

Just now, legler82 said:

How about if you can tell he’s good but just not #2 good?

That's fair, but at the end of the day does it matter where he gets picked? The Jets should keep picking QBs till they hit on one. And I know the Browns aren't crying about Baker at #1 right now.

4 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

This is a cop out. Because once he plays well without getting hurt you're gonna say "I never said he was bad! Just that he might get hurt!"

The last guy we drafted threw a pick 6 on his first pass attempt 

I'm not worried about being wrong. That would be a great outcome.

I'm sad about watching a car accident in slow motion. But also can't look away 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The last guy we drafted threw a pick 6 on his first pass attempt 

I'm not worried about being wrong. That would be a great outcome.

I'm sad about watching a car accident in slow motion. But also can't look away 

I know you're not worried about being wrong. You got it all covered. That was the point of the comment.

10 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

That's fair, but at the end of the day does it matter where he gets picked? The Jets should keep picking QBs till they hit on one. And I know the Browns aren't crying about Baker at #1 right now.

It does matter at least to me.  Prior to the draft I want potentially the best player at the position.  After the draft, I’ll settle for whoever we draft just bring good like I always do.  We’re still more than a week away from that point.  Until then keep the debates going.  JD if you are listening, draft Fields!!!

If Browns fans aren’t crying now, they will be later.  That situation looks like it’s heading down a Sanchez path maybe just not as train wrecky.  

12 minutes ago, QB1 said:

At equivalent points in their careers Hackenberg was a more accomplished high school and college QB than Mills. You are projecting Mills based on nothing (again, using the same methodology hack was QB1 after 13 starts)

Mills was far better in college than Hackenberg.  He has very limited starts yet he has played well against much better competition than either Wilson or Trey Lance.

Hackenberg was never close to as good as Mills in College.  He had a decent freshman season followed by two  terrible college seasons.  He was projected as a 4th round pick.  Mac was a dope for taking him in the 2nd.  

Hackenberg actually did play in college and he sucked and he had a bad attitude and while he had a great arm in terms of strength was terrible on short passes and a complete statue.  

Not saying Mills can't bust.  He is a high risk pick because there isn't much on him.  However he played well against good competition and he's got great size athletes and a great arm and throwing mechanics.  He was also recruited and played for David Shaw who's someone I have a lot of faith in.  

19 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It's like with the line... one good player is not a Corp... I liked the Corey Davis signing, but he doesn't scare defenses 

Well at least we aren’t going into a season with a Starting WR group of Chris Hogan and Jeff Smith

at least I hope not

14 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Mills was far better in college than Hackenberg.  He has very limited starts yet he has played well against much better competition than either Wilson or Trey Lance.

Hackenberg was never close to as good as Mills in College.  He had a decent freshman season followed by two  terrible college seasons.  He was projected as a 4th round pick.  Mac was a dope for taking him in the 2nd.  

Hackenberg actually did play in college and he sucked and he had a bad attitude and while he had a great arm in terms of strength was terrible on short passes and a complete statue.  

Not saying Mills can't bust.  He is a high risk pick because there isn't much on him.  However he played well against good competition and he's got great size athletes and a great arm and throwing mechanics.  He was also recruited and played for David Shaw who's someone I have a lot of faith in.  

Mills has 13 starts over 2 years, you have no idea what he is. Again, you are grading Mills based on what he was in highschool and 13 college starts. Hackenberg was a better HS prospect (Fact) and was hyped to be the #1 pick after his freshman year of college (fact). If we had 2 more seasons of Mills in college we could compare beyond that, but we don't, so we can't. 

24 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It's like with the line... one good player is not a Corp... I liked the Corey Davis signing, but he doesn't scare defenses 

Regardless who draft at 2, it’s not like we are going to be airing it out.  We are going to be run heavy and attacking defenses in the air via the play action.  Based on that criteria, Davis is perfect.  His run blocking & proven proficiency at making big plays off play action should scare defenses.  Let’s hope who ever we draft at 2 can take advantage,

35 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Robby was 19th in yards last year 1096 playing with teddy and whoever 

More than Corey Davis. 

about crowder and perriman combined 

Imagine if Corey would of played more than 12 games last year. He would of easily surpassed robby and thats while being run heavy offense. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, legler82 said:

Regardless who draft at 2, it’s not like we are going to be airing it out.  We are going to be run heavy and attacking defenses in the air via the play action.  Based on that criteria, Davis is perfect.  His run blocking & proven proficiency at making big plays off play action should scare defenses.  Let’s hope who ever we draft at 2 can take advantage,

Hope we draft a legit RB and some legit O-line if that's the case. 

Because we're not remotely good enough, today, to be "run heavy".  

Now, if pick #23 is Harris at RB and pick #34 is Leatherwood or the like at O-line (or pick your own favorites), that would go a long way to supporting Wilson with a "run heavy" offense protecting him from having to do to much, or get hit too much, in his rookie campaign.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Now, if pick #23 is Harris at RB and pick #34 is Leatherwood or the like at O-line (or pick your own favorites), that would go a long way to supporting Wilson with a "run heavy" offense protecting him from having to do to much, or get hit too much, in his rookie campaign.

O-line early; RB late.

3 minutes ago, legler82 said:

O-line early; RB late.

So more of the same at RB then?  A committee that mostly sucks?

Or is this the year the random 4th round or 5th round RB is actually any good?

Why do so many Jets Fans loathe the idea of drafting actual legit Offensive playmakers?  We seem to revel in hoping underdog mid-rounders will turn out great, yet they so rarely do.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Najee aint the back your drafting high for a outside zone scheme.  Etienne is way better scheme fit. That being said i could wait till later in the draft for guys like Carter, Gainwell, Hubbard, herbert

30 minutes ago, legler82 said:

It does matter at least to me.  Prior to the draft I want potentially the best player at the position.  After the draft, I’ll settle for whoever we draft just bring good like I always do.  We’re still more than a week away from that point.  Until then keep the debates going.  JD if you are listening, draft Fields!!!

If Browns fans aren’t crying now, they will be later.  That situation looks like it’s heading down a Sanchez path maybe just not as train wrecky.  

Well, that’s from your perspective anyway. Zach Wilson is a top 3 pick whether the Jets pick him or not. 

15 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Why do so many Jets Fans loathe the idea of drafting actual legit Offensive playmakers?  We seem to revel in hoping underdog mid-rounders will turn out great, yet they so rarely do.

Personally, I agree. I think if you want a true playmaker at the RB position you have to use a 2nd or 3rd round pick. But I really do think this coaching staff believes they CAN find the right RB later in the draft and get the most out of him in this system. They've done it before and I have faith they can do it again. I have no problem with the Jet drafting a guy like Michael Carter in the 3rd or Khalil Herbert in the 4th or 5th and using him in a committee with the guys we currently have on the roster. Both of these guys the Jets have shown interest in. Herbert in Rd. 4 or 5 would actually represent really great value. I love his speed, balance and fit in this offense. 

As far as O-line, I think its GUARANTEED JD will target an O-lineman early. Either at 23, a trade down from 23, at 34, a trade up from 34. At some point in that range the Jets will take an O-lineman and JD will make it happen. Only some unlikely draft night events will change that scenario. So I think Jet fans should expect a potential rookie plug and play starter on the o-line in 2021 and not worry too much about how far away we are from re-building the o-line or being able to run the ball, etc. 

37 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Mills has 13 starts over 2 years, you have no idea what he is. Again, you are grading Mills based on what he was in highschool and 13 college starts. Hackenberg was a better HS prospect (Fact) and was hyped to be the #1 pick after his freshman year of college (fact). If we had 2 more seasons of Mills in college we could compare beyond that, but we don't, so we can't. 

Fact Zach Wilson has 1 year of good play against worse competition than Mills faced in 13 college starts.  Fact Trey Lance has 1 year of play against a good Texas High schooll football.  Fact Hackenberg started for 3 years and sucked in college. 

With the exception of Lawrence, this draft is full of first round bust QB's who will be drafted in the top 10.

I hope if we draft Zach he is great.  I don't think it's can't miss.  

Just now, Biggs said:

Fact Zach Wilson has 1 year of good play against worse competition than Mills faced in 13 college starts.  Fact Trey Lance has 1 year of play against a good Texas High schooll football.  Fact Hackenberg started for 3 years and sucked in college. 

With the exception of Lawrence, this draft is full of first round bust QB's who will be drafted in the top 10.

Fact Zach Wilson has 30 college starts with a 163 rating, Trevor Lawrence has 40 starts with a 164 rating. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Najee aint the back your drafting high for a outside zone scheme.  Etienne is way better scheme fit. That being said i could wait till later in the draft for guys like Carter, Gainwell, Hubbard, herbert

Hubbard on day 3 all day.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

No I’m just wondering how sh tting on bottom feeder program DBs who can’t break a 5.5 40 and have no ball skills but being average at best facing Coastal Carolina is the NFL success recipe

Josh Allen had an underwhelming year playing against mostly garbage talent in the MWC in his junior year. That is why we ended up with Sam Darnold. 

Zach Wilson had a great year playing against mostly garbage talent, but also put up a monster performance against a ranked Boise St. team. 

Regardless, you could also argue that Trevor Lawrence and Mac Jones played with talent that was FAR better than the teams they faced. So it's all relative. 

Do you think Zach Wilson would have benefited from playing with Waddle, Smith and Najee Harris at BYU?  

1 hour ago, Tranquilo said:

I know you're not worried about being wrong. You got it all covered. That was the point of the comment.

hey - don't strain yourself practicing victory celebrations

40 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Cornerback at 23 incoming 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, legler82 said:

every offense needs a player who can be a deep threat to open up everything underneath 

the "desean jackson" type to at least hold defenses accountable 

who is the Jets speed playmaker? Vyncynt Smythe? Jeff Smith? 

10 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Fact Zach Wilson has 30 college starts with a 163 rating, Trevor Lawrence has 40 starts with a 164 rating. 

Mac Jones had a 203.1 QB rating and won the national championship.  Nobody is advocating taking him either.  

I’m really struggling with Zach as the pick. I think it has to be an elaborate plan to get Jax to flinch, they take Zach and we get Trevor.

I had enough time to watch tape of him last night on YouTube. I just don’t see it. The combination of run for life and limp throws that get bailed out by wide open WRs reminds me of Jake Plummer at Arizona.

These people comparing him to Mahomes and Rodgers apparently don’t watch football - just State Farm commercials.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I’m really struggling with Zach as the pick. I think it has to be an elaborate plan to get Jax to flinch, they take Zach and we get Trevor.

I had enough time to watch tape of him last night on YouTube. I just don’t see it. The combination of run for life and limp throws that get bailed out by wide open WRs reminds me of Jake Plummer at Arizona.

These people comparing him to Mahomes and Rodgers apparently don’t watch football - just State Farm commercials.

That was Chris Simms who made that comparison 

27 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I hope if we draft Zach he is great.  I don't think it's can't miss.  

What is? 

9 minutes ago, Jetluv58 said:

What is? 

Nobody is can't miss.  I like Zach a lot mostly because of his work ethic and throwing talent.  I think he's got great talent and he's edgy and hyper competitive.  I think he's stats in college football are almost worthless.  BYU played nobody and had physical mismatch's to exploit in almost every game. 

I think Davis Mills has great talent and has a nothing resume in college.  My point is college resume is worthless unless the guy actually sucks in college like Hackenberg.   We actually knew he sucked because he played a lot of games and the more he played the more he sucked.   I expect every college QB who is a real prospect to put up big numbers in college although more and more guys will come out early after 1 good year.  No reason to stick around an possible put up crapy tape.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Jake Plummer is spot on, great comparison.  No plan, no pre snap thought process, just straight yolo ball, toss it up and pray!  You know who is is a good comparison?  The guy we just watched 3 straight years and I for one, am excited to do it all again because this time?  This time!  It's different!!!