All Page 1 Zach Wilson Threads: MERGED

AFJF

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

Jake Plummer is spot on, great comparison.  No plan, no pre snap thought process, just straight yolo ball, toss it up and pray!  You know who is is a good comparison?  The guy we just watched 3 straight years and I for one, am excited to do it all again because this time?  This time!  It's different!!!

Couldn’t be more wrong. Wilson made a living identifying the pre snap match up and exploiting it. That is the definition of a plan. It’s the reason he had so many 1 on 1 throws............

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

So more of the same at RB then?  A committee that mostly sucks?

Or is this the year the random 4th round or 5th round RB is actually any good?

Why do so many Jets Fans loathe the idea of drafting actual legit Offensive playmakers?  We seem to revel in hoping underdog mid-rounders will turn out great, yet they so rarely do.

Over 50% of the runs from our RBs came from Frank Gore. You can't possibly know if the guys currently on roster "mostly suck"

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, bitonti said:

every offense needs a player who can be a deep threat to open up everything underneath 

the "desean jackson" type to at least hold defenses accountable 

who is the Jets speed playmaker? Vyncynt Smythe? Jeff Smith? 

I thought Mims was supposed to be a speedster.  Hopefully, he is healthy now and can show that part of his game this year.  And then add  a guy like Scary Terry in the late rounds to the mix.

3 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

You can't possibly know if the guys currently on roster "mostly suck"

And you can't possibly know if the guys on our roster won't suck.

Which is why we're here exchanging opinions.  I didn't think that needed said in every post ffs.

8 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Couldn’t be more wrong. Wilson made a living identifying the pre snap match up and exploiting it. That is the definition of a plan. It’s the reason he had so many 1 on 1 throws............

Pre-snap match ups against stagnant defenses that did not change their looks post snap.  He’s not going to get those stagnant looks next year. 

2 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Yea I know you’ve got nothing of substance to say. Keep throwing sh*t against the wall though, it’s working well for you. 

Jif hasn't recovered from his Watson is a jet wet dream and is currently taking a course on anal massage therapy..B) 

• Haha 3

Has any analyst reviewed what opposing defences were doing schematically against BYU in 2020 and done a video or write up? I'd be interested in seeing how complex the level of defences ZW played against as opposed to what other prospects faced in the Power5. 

3 minutes ago, Jdub03 said:

Has any analyst reviewed what opposing defences were doing schematically against BYU in 2020 and done a video or write up? I'd be interested in seeing how complex the level of defences ZW played against as opposed to what other prospects faced in the Power5. 

Tim Jenkins is the only one to make mention of it though it was just in passing.

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

The Jets official airline partner is Jetblue 

Zach wilsons uncle founded jetblue 

Woody made this pick in January 

It's got nothing to do with winning football games or scouting and everything about making the sponsors happy and presenting a marketable face of the the franchise 

Clown take. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

The Jets official airline partner is Jetblue 

Zach wilsons uncle founded jetblue 

Woody made this pick in January 

It's got nothing to do with winning football games or scouting and everything about making the sponsors happy and presenting a marketable face of the the franchise 

bc50aaf690566a28bdebd762abeacddf.png

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It's a fortune 500 company 

the Jets draft Wilson they make money through sponsorships on the backend

Justin Fields and Trey Lance don't offer Woody the same upside 

I find it amusing how you position yourself as a rational "offensive line expert" on youtube and then turn around to be a total troll on this forum. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, QB1 said:

I find it amusing how you position yourself as a rational "offensive line expert" on youtube and then turn around to be a total troll on this forum. 

You should have seen Bit on the old JI board telling a Nam Vet how it was in that war which happened many years before Bit was born..B)

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Savage69 said:

You should have seen Bit on the old JI board telling a Nam Vet how it was in that war which happened many years before Bit was born..B)

this deserves a response but you're baiting me into breaking Max's rules

let's just say time hasn't been kind to many of the views put forth in the JI political forum and leave it at that 

11 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Others have positioned me as an expert I just keep answering the phone when they call 

I'm a "rational" Jets fan that means have no expectations of success 

this is not a "troll take" I honestly believe if Justin Fields' uncle was the CEO of Budweiser he'd be the pick 

Woody doesn't care about winning games he cares about checks arriving in the mail 

the league pays the same for wins and losses 

this is about marketing and sponsorships, 99% 

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

let's just say time hasn't been kind to many of the views put forth in the JI political forum and leave it at that 

Others have positioned me as an expert I just keep answering the phone when they call 

this is not a "troll take" I honestly believe if Justin Fields' uncle was the CEO of Budweiser he'd be the pick 

Woody doesn't care about winning games he cares about checks arriving in the mail 

I can't believe I'm taking the bait.... Yes the Mormon no casual fan has heard of is a better marketing opportunity than the guy that beat Trevor Lawrence in the playoffs. Great point.  Please explain to me how Wilsons uncle owning Jet Blue helps make him more marketable? 

30 minutes ago, bitonti said:

You do realize that corporate sponsors like to be associated with winners?  Jet Blue ranks somewhere under 20X less in earnings and market cap than the No. 10 fortune 500 company in the metro area.  That's before Covid when the Airlines were actually earning money.   They announced a lose of 1.75 per share in the third quarter last year.  

Prior to Covid they were 446 in the fortune 500. Compoared to some of the powerhouse fortune 500's in the Metro area their earnings represent a rounding error in a good year.  

Of course Woody could be counting on the Jersey sales to the large Jets fan base that happen to be Mormons?  Seems nuts but so does the Jet Blue theory.

26 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Please explain to me how Wilsons uncle owning Jet Blue helps make him more marketable? 

Not every team has an official airline. The Jets have a relationship with a sponsor and they want it to continue. it's free money 

put it another way Wilson's people could say to Woody, draft him or else and that all goes away 

woody is cutting a 20 million dollar check to the 2 pick no matter who it is 

A wilson pick directly impacts the Jets bottom line in a way that Pitts, Sewell, any other QB doesn't 

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Of course Woody could be counting on the Jersey sales to the large Jets fan base that happen to be Mormons?  Seems nuts but so does the Jet Blue theory.

JetBlue does also want to associate with winners that's why they are the official airline of the NEP as well 

i believe Jet Blue's trademarked the phrase "New York's Hometown Airline." 

jersey sales are split equally 

the Jets and Patriots make cash every time a Tom Brady jersey is sold  

understand that and we can begin to understand the finances of the league 

I was watching the tape like the zapruder film last night and all I kept thinking is we're actually going to use the 2nd overall on a hybrid of Doug Flutie and Brian Austin Greene.

If this kid busts JD will enter Idkikian levels of incompetence.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Jake Plummer is spot on, great comparison.  No plan, no pre snap thought process, just straight yolo ball, toss it up and pray!  You know who is is a good comparison?  The guy we just watched 3 straight years and I for one, am excited to do it all again because this time?  This time!  It's different!!!

Zach is like Sam, without testosterone.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, bitonti said:

If only winning games increased things like ticket sales, social media interactions and made teams more marketable. 

This is a bad take man. Which also ignores the rest of how Wilson ended up being viewed so highly.

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

In a 2 week span we had Jimmy Sexton running the team, to now Woody making the #2 pick to grab Jet Blue as a sponsor. What a whirlwind! 

• Haha 2