All Page 1 Zach Wilson Threads: MERGED

AFJF

2 hours ago, QB1 said:

Couldn’t be more wrong. Wilson made a living identifying the pre snap match up and exploiting it. That is the definition of a plan. It’s the reason he had so many 1 on 1 throws............

He’s where he is in this draft process for the playground football.

I feel like you’re just making up what you think you’re watching.

2 hours ago, QB1 said:

Yea I know you’ve got nothing of substance to say. Keep throwing sh*t against the wall though, it’s working well for you. 

No profanity. 

Also, Jif is a gentle soul. I’m the one that throws poopie.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, legler82 said:

Pre-snap match ups against stagnant defenses that did not change their looks post snap.  He’s not going to get those stagnant looks next year. 

QB1 is probably the same kind of poster that lived to say “exotic blitzes” about Rex, and joked about Sam “seeing ghosts”.

Bias is a helluva drug.

16 minutes ago, bitonti said:

JetBlue does also want to associate with winners that's why they are the official airline of the NEP as well 

i believe Jet Blue's trademarked the phrase "New York's Hometown Airline." 

jersey sales are split equally 

the Jets and Patriots make cash every time a Tom Brady jersey is sold  

understand that and we can begin to understand the finances of the league 

Bit, you've continually made the argument that the owner has no incentive to win and is cheap.  Now you're making the argument for attracting corporate sponsors who want to be associated with winners because it's a profit center for the team.

You're literally all over the place.   

There's another option.  The Jets GM and coaches think Zach Wilson is the best QB prospect on the board at 2.   Despite the obvious advantage of having a black QB in NYC with companies like Chase and American Express wantingto look WOKE they go with the best prospect?  

Sometimes consensus isn't a conspiracy.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, bitonti said:

Woody's business doesn't need to win games to make money in fact winning is more expensive than just being terrible every year 

The Jets literally fly around in a jetblue custom 

You cant possibly believe Woody would sabotage his business, the Jets to do a favor for an uncle of Wilson.  

The Jets literally pay to fly around on a Jet Blue plane, they so what?  They are charged, its not a gift

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, legler82 said:

Is Robbie a #1?

And has absolute nothing to do with prediction years ago that Robby would break.  Point was bit said he couldn't become a #1 because he would break and would be injured if he was used as a 1

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

‘Making plays’ is a low bar. Blaine Gabbert made plays. He was a better prospect too.

12 minutes ago, QB1 said:

show me a blaine gabbert highlight on that level 

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Slam Dunk Basketball GIF by NBA

On 3/28/2021 at 3:23 PM, T0mShane said:

Jets fans talking themselves into the greatness of a QB prospect who was on the verge of being a college backup six months ago is priceless

Exactly.  If JD was the GM the fans were hoping for, the Jets would be drafting number one overall and Trevor Lawrence would already have the Jets playbook.

Wilson has a quicker delivery than Lawrence, but after that he is lacking in every other respect in comparison to him. 

The Jets with the same owner is going to yield the same bad results regardless of the new faces.  Count on it. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

What is Wilson bad at?

IMHO when picking a QB that high in the draft, it’s less about what they are bad at but more about what are their elite traits and/or skills.  I would say his release speed is probably the closest thing that’s elite about him.   Despite what the talking heads are propagating, I do not see elite arm talent, elite arm strength, elite size, elite athleticism, elite processing..etc...etc.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

So you have nothing of value? Come on Ape you can do better.

Define value.

The list of scrambley-runny prospects over the last 20 years is long. They’re almost all busts. Most of them were much better prospects that Zach.

Explain how it’s valuable to insist beyond reason that Zach is different, then support it only wut confirmation bias - not objective facts.

I think you can do better.

34 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You cant possibly believe Woody would sabotage his business, the Jets to do a favor for an uncle of Wilson.  

The Jets literally pay to fly around on a Jet Blue plane, they so what?  They are charged, its not a gift

I don’t think he even believes half the stuff that spews out of his mouth

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, legler82 said:

IMHO when picking a QB that high in the draft, it’s less about what they are bad at but more about what are their elite traits and/or skills.  I would say his release speed is probably the closest thing that’s elite about him.   Despite what the talking heads are propagating, I do not see elite arm talent, elite arm strength, elite size, elite athleticism, elite processing..etc...etc.

What about accuracy especially downfield? Statistically elite. On tape he shows accuracy to throw into small windows. 

What about avoiding turnover worthy plays? He had a knack for not making bad plays worse.

• Upvote 1

Just now, kdels62 said:

What about accuracy especially downfield? Statistically elite. On tape he shows accuracy to throw into small windows. 

What about avoiding turnover worthy plays? He had a knack for not making bad plays worse.

Numbers say one thing but I saw a lot of jump balls on tape where his WRs made spectacular grabs.  Also I don’t believe his deep accuracy numbers were as “elite” prior to the cup cake schedule.  Fields down field accuracy has been terrific for his entire career.  If avoiding turnover worthy plays are your thing Fields has the advantage there too.

AD67AD60-FE98-461E-A57F-C39E63225D9C.jpeg

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Define value.

The list of scrambley-runny prospects over the last 20 years is long. They’re almost all busts. Most of them were much better prospects that Zach.

Explain how it’s valuable to insist beyond reason that Zach is different, then support it only wut confirmation bias - not objective facts.

You besides Wilson’s accuracy at all levels of the field? The lack of turnovers even though he plays a vertical passing game. 

Lets say you discard all statistical evidence. Watch a game and watch how a big part of his game is being methodical rather than flashy. San Diego State in 2020, he misses a dagger route on the first drive of the game because he locks onto the deep post. Next drive he hits the shallow in on the same play that he initially failed on and throws a touchdown. 

He isn’t just flashy plays, he’s consistent and doesn’t throw many interceptable balls. His competition wasn’t good enough to blitz him consistently but he was good against the blitz in terms of throwing the ball away or finding check downs. UCF tried to blitz him to beat him and he hit the shallow guy until they stopped. 

6 minutes ago, legler82 said:

Numbers say one thing but I saw a lot of jump balls on tape where his WRs made spectacular grabs.  Also I don’t believe his deep accuracy numbers were as “elite” prior to the cup cake schedule.  Fields down field accuracy has been terrific for his entire career.  If avoiding turnover worthy plays are your thing Fields has the advantage there too.

Fields is one of the best downfield throwers I've ever seen... Though the turnover worthy play thing lacks context, Wilson had a 1% turnover worthy rate vs. 3% for fields (fewer attempts). 

29 minutes ago, legler82 said:

When you combine the release, his off platform throwing, his ability to change trajectories, his anticipation, and his arm strength the total "arm talent package" is elite.... In terms of "QB traits" Fields has elite downfield accuracy, in every other category I would describe him as average to below average. Obviously he is an elite runner at the position, which can mask other deficiencies. 

4 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Fields is one of the best downfield throwers I've ever seen... Though the turnover worthy play thing lacks context, Wilson had a 1% turnover worthy rate vs. 3% for fields (fewer attempts). 

Whenever a Wilson supporter gives me a stat I have to ask if it’s just for the 2020 season or his career.  Many of you act like he went to college for one year only.  So is that stat you are citing for 2020 or his entire college career.  I put more value on the latter than former.

1 minute ago, legler82 said:

Whenever a Wilson supporter gives me a stat I have to ask if it’s just for the 2020 season or his career.  Many of you act like he went to college for one year only.  So is that stat you are citing for 2020 or his entire college career.  I put more value on the latter than former.

It’s for the same exact time frame as the stats you posted, sorry that it doesn’t fit your narrative. Fields stats are undeniably great, though so we’re Dwayne Haskins (** relax I am not saying Fields is Dwayne Haskins, but OU makes QBs look good).

36 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Define value.

Prior to and since Mahomes none of them have had the elite arm talent (by my definition) to get away with that style of play. Another thing that folks either forgot or never realized about Mahomes the prospect is that he rarely threw into double/triple coverage the way Sam and Wilson did.  While he tried things that normal QBs couldn’t dream of, they were generally safe throws relative to his arm talent.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, legler82 said:

And I saw Justin Fields throw a lot of balls to wide open receivers. Show the jump balls that Wilson throws. How often does Wilson throw man open while Fields hits a receiver with 3 yards of separation?  How many of Wilson’s multitude of completions feature his receivers doing something uncommon? 

I love Fields but if you take that graphic at face value Wilson and Fields are separated by .1% percent of turn over worthy play per pass attempt. Even more if you look at Fields in 2020 he has a higher turnover worthy play percentage than Wilson by over 1%.  That means that Wilson is improving while Fields “had a down year.”