All Page 1 Zach Wilson Threads: MERGED

AFJF

2 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

As someone loosely following both threads, can I see if I have this right? 

We have an "all things Zach Wilson" thread where Wilson supporters say good stuff about him and Field's guys counters with why Fields is better......and we have a "get in here for Fields" thread where Fields' guys post good stuff about him and Wilson supporters counter with evidence as to why Wilson is better? 

Like, is there really  a point in having two separate threads that have evolved into the same back and forth arguments? 

Wilson fans talk about him as though he is flawless. A sure sign of attaching self-esteem to things that are out of ones control. Everyone else is realistic and/or trolling.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

His competition was a collection of landscaping company owners and fry cooks.

Maybe. Except there’s nowhere to do that because the Nancy Kerrigan coalition takes over every conversation.

Im not even supporting Fields. Simply pointing out that this fap-fest projecting a DIII QB to NFL greatness is a lot but overblown. Temper expectations.

Cool. Does that make him less accurate? How did that team fair the year before against similar competition? How was his improvement and performance objectively? Is there a correlation between quality of opponent to professional projection? Is the SEC a proven provider of NFL ready QB talent? 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Pac said:

I was watching the tape like the zapruder film last night and all I kept thinking is we're actually going to use the 2nd overall on a hybrid of Doug Flutie and Brian Austin Greene.

If this kid busts JD will enter Idkikian levels of incompetence.

Right.  Maybe we can send Wilson to the Canadian league for a year or 2 like a minor league type of thingy?   It worked for Flutie. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

As someone loosely following both threads, can I see if I have this right? 

We have an "all things Zach Wilson" thread where Wilson supporters say good stuff about him and Field's guys counters with why Fields is better......and we have a "get in here for Fields" thread where Fields' guys post good stuff about him and Wilson supporters counter with evidence as to why Wilson is better? 

Like, is there really  a point in having two separate threads that have evolved into the same back and forth arguments? 

I'm enjoying it, personally.  I feel like I get to be 2 different people under the same handle. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm ready to embrace Zachapono as our savior!!!!!!!!

but the second he throws a pick, he's dead to me.

Funny I do remember Sam's first real game pass was a pick 6 I believe? Who knows. I have zero interest in this draft after they seem to have decided on Wilson. It just limits everthing I thought they could do to trading out and concentrating on a real O-line. Now it looks like the same old patchwork quilt and a few hopeful picks, when we needed several hopeful picks. If the JETs are wrong we pick #1 for the next 3 years. Feels like SOJs.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Wilson fans talk about him as though he is flawless. A sure sign of attaching self-esteem to things that are out of ones control. Everyone else is realistic and/or trolling.

His highlight films are less impressive that Darnolds or Sanchez's on YouTube BUT that as we know means zip.  I hope the kid comes in and plays like Russel Wilson. 

7 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

Young says he has a relationship with the Jets QB coach and Zach is in great shape there. The league hates tipping picks, I’m sure they’re not happy with him. Another slip up from Young

Steve young has no interest in pretending not to know.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

He’s already better than Mahomes.  In fact, even comparing Wilson to an inferior talent like Mahomes is an insult

20 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Right.  Maybe we can send Wilson to the Canadian league for a year or 2 like a minor league type of thingy?   It worked for Flutie. 

I dunno.  Wilson will face way better defenses in Canada than he ever faced in college

1 hour ago, Jet Life said:

Young says he has a relationship with the Jets QB coach and Zach is in great shape there. The league hates tipping picks, I’m sure they’re not happy with him. Another slip up from Young

They aren't slip ups, Young wants Wilson to go to the 9ers

The Ourlads draft guide is here. 

I could go on and on about their QB ratings but have little interest in going back and forth with the tribe.  Zach Wilson is the pick and whining about it will not change it. 

So I will limit my QB observations to this:

Ourlads ranks Lawrence as the #1 QB and the #1 overall pick.

Ourlads ranks Mac Jones as the #2 QB and the #8 overall pick.

Ourlads ranks Justin Fields as the #3 QB and the #9 overall pick.

Ourlads ranks Zach Wilson as the #4 QB and the #11 overall pick.

Ourlads ranks Trey Lance as the #5 QB and the #12 overall pick.

They provided lengthy write ups on all of them, most of which has been said on this thread.  I flew my flag awhile back and will not repeat myself.  This is about the Ourlads rankings.

24 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

The Ourlads draft guide is here. 

I could go on and on about their QB ratings but have little interest in going back and forth with the tribe.  Zach Wilson is the pick and whining about it will not change it. 

So I will limit my QB observations to this:

Ourlads ranks Lawrence as the #1 QB and the #1 overall pick.

Ourlads ranks Mac Jones as the #2 QB and the #8 overall pick.

Ourlads ranks Justin Fields as the #3 QB and the #9 overall pick.

Ourlads ranks Zach Wilson as the #4 QB and the #11 overall pick.

Ourlads ranks Trey Lance as the #5 QB and the #12 overall pick.

They provided lengthy write ups on all of them, most of which has been said on this thread.  I flew my flag awhile back and will not repeat myself.  This is about the Ourlads rankings.

Common phrases after a post like this are....who are these Ourlads with their crazy rankings.....Ourlads were wrong on player x, y and z in the past they know noting.