All Page 1 Zach Wilson Threads: MERGED

AFJF

26 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

Common phrases after a post like this are....who are these Ourlads with their crazy rankings.....Ourlads were wrong on player x, y and z in the past they know noting.

Seriously though, wtf is ourlads 

• Haha 1

On 4/19/2021 at 4:46 PM, Drums said:

Let’s say the Jets draft the guy you don’t want. Wilson if you’re a Fields guy, Fields if you’re a Wilson guy. 

My question for everyone is this: are you going to stomp your feet and relentlessly bash the guy if it isn’t the one you want? Are you going to make the board unbearable next season if the dude struggles a bit?

Personally? I've already checked out since I anticipate Wilson being the pick. I literally threw out all my Jets stuff and opted out of my season tickets for 2020. I seriously doubt that I'll be around here much until the team starts winning. 

I remember years ago, I went to a seminar that Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts had. One of the Jets attorneys was there (not Hymie, it was someone else). What stood out to me about the Jets lawyer is when he said that the difference between sports and film, art, music etc. is that people will continue to follow a sports team if the team is bad. That doesn't happen with film, music, art (maybe it does, but to a much smaller effect). 

All these pro sports franchises know that most of us aren't going anywhere no matter how bad the product on the field is (this message board is a testament to that). I've just decided that the team has to earn my attention moving forward. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, maury77 said:

One of the oldest NFL draft resources available on the internet. 

I think it is right in the same time frame as Mel Kipers guides.. I think in the early 80s they were one of the only resources. I remember buying their draft guide magazines.

43 minutes ago, maury77 said:

One of the oldest NFL draft resources available on the internet. 

Yes.  Since the untimely death of Joel Buchsbaum, it is the only real professional scouting service doing business with the general public.  Joel was a one-man gang and an epic writer.  Dan Shonka has a staff and this is literally all they do.  We get the guide.  NFL teams get access to the entire service - for a price.  Ourlads guides are routinely on the desks of the teams during the draft including the Jets:

guide-draft-2017-LAR-NYJ.jpg

If you can find a better resource, do tell.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

Yes.  Since the untimely death of Joel Buchsbaum, it is the only real professional scouting service doing business with the general public.  Joel was a one-man gang and an epic writer.  Dan Shonka has a staff and this is literally all they do.  We get the guide.  NFL teams get access to the entire service - for a price.  Ourlads guides are routinely on the desks of the teams during the draft including the Jets:

I always liked the guy folks said was a...bad guy... because he questioned someone's work ethic. Forget his name.  

2 hours ago, clayton163v said:

The Ourlads draft guide is here. 

I could go on and on about their QB ratings but have little interest in going back and forth with the tribe.  Zach Wilson is the pick and whining about it will not change it. 

So I will limit my QB observations to this:

Ourlads ranks Lawrence as the #1 QB and the #1 overall pick.

Ourlads ranks Mac Jones as the #2 QB and the #8 overall pick.

Ourlads ranks Justin Fields as the #3 QB and the #9 overall pick.

Ourlads ranks Zach Wilson as the #4 QB and the #11 overall pick.

Ourlads ranks Trey Lance as the #5 QB and the #12 overall pick.

They provided lengthy write ups on all of them, most of which has been said on this thread.  I flew my flag awhile back and will not repeat myself.  This is about the Ourlads rankings.

if Mac Jones was heavy favorite to go to the Jets like Wilson is.. this forum would  be in utter turmoil.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

if Mac Jones was heavy favorite to go to the Jets like Wilson is.. this forum would  be in utter turmoil.

Yes, and the wilson haters would be telling you how great wilson is and what a stupid pick jones is.

Nobody dislikes zach wilson for any real reasons.  They dislike wilson cause he is the poster child for replace that scrub Darnold.

• Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, Jet Life said:

Young says he has a relationship with the Jets QB coach and Zach is in great shape there. The league hates tipping picks, I’m sure they’re not happy with him. Another slip up from Young

Young played with & coached by Greg Knapp. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Pac said:

Please say not real.

I started following him on Instagram after his pro day. It’s real. There was a post recently where he’s not much bigger than his girlfriend but I didn’t post it to avoid any nonsense directed at her 

it gets better lol

74870C05-D40A-4A97-80A3-13B8EADDD3D7.png

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, clayton163v said:

Joel was the best! 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, QB1 said:

Seriously though, wtf is ourlads 

Ourlads’ General Manager and National Scout, Dan Shonka, has been involved in player personnel work for over 4 decades. He is one of, if not the only, NFL Draft Analyst to have played the game, coached the game, recruited high school players on the major college level, and scouted professionally. Shonka scouted for National Football Scouting, the Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, the Kansas City Chiefs, and the Philadelphia Stars of the USFL for a combined 16 years. Scouting is not a hobby.

He has built his home and raised his family on his experience as a player personnel evaluator and he remains a team consultant. Then in 2004, Thomas E. Hepler, founder of Ourlads’, gave Dan and his wife Peggy the responsibilities of continuing the longest independent NFL scouting service. The Shonka’s took over Ourlads in order to have more time to follow their children’s activities. Their son Teddy was a first-team All-State football and baseball player. He was a five sport athlete. Daughter Sarah was a soccer player, cheerleader, and was a member of a competition national championship cheerleading team.In the late 1970’s, before the deluge of numerous prep football scouting services that engulf the internet today, Joe Terranova, an executive with the Ford Motor Company, had the top Prep Recruiting Service in the United States and gave birth to the industry of what is a recruiting craze of epic proportions. Mr. Terranova named Dan Shonka one of the top 10 recruiters in the country at both Purdue and the University of Kansas. In 1979, Shonka recruited six starters including both offensive and defensive tackles who led Kansas to the Hall of Fame Bowl in 1980. Broderick Thompson, one of those players, played for 12 years in the NFL. He played defensive tackle at Kansas and made a successful switch to offensive tackle in the NFL. Reggie Smith started at Kansas for three years as an offensive tackle, then played for the Tampa Bay Bandits of the USFL and the Denver Broncos. 

more....

https://www.ourlads.com/shonka/

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Grandy said:

Difference in percentiles from on target rate and completion percentage isn’t super meaningful but is kind of interesting. Above the median in both (except on target rate under pressure - also interesting) but on target rate a good chunk lower than completion percentage. Doesn’t look like his pass catchers hurt him.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Larz said:

I started following him on Instagram after his pro day. It’s real. There was a post recently where he’s not much bigger than his girlfriend but I didn’t post it to avoid any nonsense directed at her 

it gets better lol

lol wow

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Larz said:

it gets better lol

Just wow.  I would put a clause in his contract that forbid getting on that thing.  So much for mature and intelligent.  

It reminds me of Ben Rothesberger and his motorcycle accident.  The word is Terry Bradshaw and a large group of Steeler legends threatened to throw him off a cliff if he got on a motorcycle again before his playing career was over. 

• WTF? 1

9 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

Just wow.  I would put a clause in his contract that forbid getting on that thing.  So much for mature and intelligent.  

It reminds me of Ben Rothesberger and his motorcycle accident.  The word is Terry Bradshaw and a large group of Steeler legends threatened to throw him off a cliff if he got on a motorcycle again before his playing career was over. 

Ya the first thing I thought of when seeing zach on his little motorized scooter was pig pen and his harley

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Larz said:

it gets better lol

I very much enjoyed his work as Tim Taylor’s eldest son, Brad Taylor, on NBC’s Home Improvement

6 hours ago, maury77 said:

Personally? I've already checked out since I anticipate Wilson being the pick. I literally threw out all my Jets stuff and opted out of my season tickets for 2020. I seriously doubt that I'll be around here much until the team starts winning. 

I remember years ago, I went to a seminar that Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts had. One of the Jets attorneys was there (not Hymie, it was someone else). What stood out to me about the Jets lawyer is when he said that the difference between sports and film, art, music etc. is that people will continue to follow a sports team if the team is bad. That doesn't happen with film, music, art (maybe it does, but to a much smaller effect). 

All these pro sports franchises know that most of us aren't going anywhere no matter how bad the product on the field is (this message board is a testament to that). I've just decided that the team has to earn my attention moving forward. 

I’m considering a hiatus from this forum, but not the Jets.  The whining and complaining about Zach Wilson and Justin Fields has made having the 2nd overall pick in a very strong QB class an absolutely miserable experience.  The New York Jets subreddit is a less toxic cesspool right now, and that is saying something.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Good time to point out that Ourlads Scouting are the geniuses who gave birth to sitting in the stands at the combine, 100 yards away from QB's who are focused on completing passing during drills and using a radar gun to make proclamations like; Deshaun Watson is not draft-able because 49 MPH.

Has anyone ever thought to themselves lately; there are no draft "experts"?  Because the more and more this sh*t becomes serious business, the more the truth become abundantly clear.  Nobody is good at this, nobody.  There are maybe like 3 legitimate measurements that project to the next level and the rest is like the ******* lotto.  And guess what the lotto doesnt have?  Experts telling you what numbers to pick. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I’m considering a hiatus from this forum, but not the Jets.  The whining and complaining about Zach Wilson and Justin Fields has made having the 2nd overall pick in a very strong QB class an absolutely miserable experience.  The New York Jets subreddit is a less toxic cesspool right now, and that is saying something.  

Dog gifs sooth the soul....

4 hours ago, Mogglez said:

but on a more serious note.  Tell me that you dont have confidence running through your veins like a a junkie who just hit some angel dust when you see this picture of the Jets savior at QB

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

but on a more serious note.  Tell me that you dont have confidence running through your veins like a a junkie who just hit some angel dust when you see this picture of the Jets savior at QB

Can you imagine what would happen to you if you ridiculed Justin fields for the way he looks?

Heres the thing about Wilson though, and part of the reason I think hes going to be successful- he doesn’t give a SH!T what you or I think. You see, Wilson doesn’t look like a kid in every photo (see below) but he isn’t insecure enough to curate his Instagram to make him look tough. He could give two sh!ts about looking like a kid. He has confidence in who he is, like Steve young said, doubt this kids grit and toughness and you will look like a fool. 

C201FEF8-F0D8-4C4A-931E-8EDC07285966.png

D04A5037-2706-4FDA-8309-3E52296C0B79.thumb.png.56c8d39367cda80dc7589aeb0b083eb9.png

54D2428D-CE18-4781-B8DD-4942C11D9741.png

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Larz said:

it gets better lol

image.jpeg.758ff2c15f0cbe0a1cf4e3f9cc85bac5.jpeg

9 hours ago, clayton163v said:

Motorcycle

colorado-motorcycle-accident-laws.jpg.we

Scooter

718E9n5BcbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg