Jump to content

All Page 1 Zach Wilson Threads: MERGED


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Instead of explaining why we shouldn’t trade down ... I’ll just leave this here . U guys will like this @Mogglez @football guy 

Because this thread isn’t the only place where it happens. Post a film review?  It’s a race to see how quickly it can be derailed by children who are upset that the Jets might not get them their

Just say you paid for Matt Waldman’s RSP and be done with it.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Motorcycle

colorado-motorcycle-accident-laws.jpg.we

Scooter

718E9n5BcbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

 

With respect, they are both motorcycles.  Two-wheeled motorized vehicles.  When you crash that scooter, you are all kinds of hurt.  I do not want my professional athletes taken with the second pick playing beach volleyball or basketball either.  There are clauses forbidding both in sports contracts.  Never mind that thing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Because this thread isn’t the only place where it happens.

Post a film review?  It’s a race to see how quickly it can be derailed by children who are upset that the Jets might not get them their favorite toy for Christmas.  

Post a mock draft that suggests Fields can still be the pick?  How DARE you pick one that doesn’t align with what I believe will happen.

Post an interesting analytical stat in favor of Wilson?  Well now you’re a “Zachkapono” freak who should basically play in traffic for not kneeling at the altar of Justin Fields and THE Ohio State.

Both of these kids have shown that they can f*cking play.  That’s the point.  We should be considering ourselves lucky that we get to draft and start over with one of them.  Instead it’s become abundantly clear that the toddlers that are guilty of the above will make this place a miserable sh*t show when draft night comes along and they don’t get what they want.

Fair points but I really think its just people playing around during the offseason at whats hopefully the tail end of a long, miserable, pandemic.

Once Zippy is drafted we'll all hope for the best.  This board has a long history of skewering every QB and OC.  Its just what happens.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PS17 said:

15041CC1-852D-4EB7-B7F6-6AF0F8991A74.thumb.jpeg.b898a6d3f0eb497c2d806154cbe23e47.jpeg

For the “he’s so tiny” crowd. He’s bigger than Super Bowl winners Young and McMahon. And will likely add a little more muscle under an NFL training program. 

I get the concerns about his size.  Everyone prefers that he was a little bigger so he can absorb hits.  But like you mention, once he's under the program and when his metabolism slows, he'll add the weight and muscle.  But don't you guys think that maybe he's able to do what he can do because of his frame and build? Because those bulkier guys aren't close to being as fluid as he is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pac said:

Fair points but I really think its just people playing around during the offseason at whats hopefully the tail end of a long, miserable, pandemic.

Once Zippy is drafted we'll all hope for the best.  This board has a long history of skewering every QB and OC.  Its just what happens.

That's because they've all sucked.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Because this thread isn’t the only place where it happens.

Post a film review?  It’s a race to see how quickly it can be derailed by children who are upset that the Jets might not get them their favorite toy for Christmas.  

Post a mock draft that suggests Fields can still be the pick?  How DARE you pick one that doesn’t align with what I believe will happen.

Post an interesting analytical stat in favor of Wilson?  Well now you’re a “Zachkapono” freak who should basically play in traffic for not kneeling at the altar of Justin Fields and THE Ohio State.

Both of these kids have shown that they can f*cking play.  That’s the point.  We should be considering ourselves lucky that we get to draft and start over with one of them.  Instead it’s become abundantly clear that the toddlers that are guilty of the above will make this place a miserable sh*t show when draft night comes along and they don’t get what they want.

Normally I would be happy with either one.  As I've aged I tend to have buyers remorse.   I look at Wilson as a Porshe and Fields as a BMW.   Personally  I don't go into BMW dealerships anymore.  The idea of being locked into a 4 year lease with a buy option when I know I could have gotten the Porsche would slowly get under my skin.   Sar 1 would certainly be happy with a Fields for 4 years, I'm leaning toward the Wilson even though there's a potential for more costly repairs.   At least while he's playing, I'm going to love the performance.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Biggs said:

I disagree.  They can see the accuracy, the fluid movement and quick release.  They can see where they put the ball and how they vary their throws to create YAC.  They can see decision making within the scheme that they are put in.  What they can't do is a post morteum on their brains prior to the draft. 

Is that when Robby jizzed in a cops wifes eye??:eek:

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Pac said:

Fair points but I really think its just people playing around during the offseason at whats hopefully the tail end of a long, miserable, pandemic.

Once Zippy is drafted we'll all hope for the best.  This board has a long history of skewering every QB and OC.  Its just what happens.

Look, I hope so man.  This place, when it’s at it’s best is a fantastic place to discuss football.  That’s why I’ve posted here as long as I have.  My main concern isn’t what really happens before the draft (annoying as it’s been).  I’m just not really interested in seeing this type of thread derailing nonsense after the draft and all the way into the regular season.  It genuinely drags down my desire to post during a time where I’m usually more active than ever.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Normally I would be happy with either one.  As I've aged I tend to have buyers remorse.   I look at Wilson as a Porshe and Fields as a BMW.   Personally  I don't go into BMW dealerships anymore.  The idea of being locked into a 4 year lease with a buy option when I know I could have gotten the Porsche would slowly get under my skin.   Sar 1 would certainly be happy with a Fields for 4 years, I'm leaning toward the Wilson even though there's a potential for more costly repairs.   At least while he's playing, I'm going to love the performance.  

Pretty much how I feel.  I’m in favor of Wilson.  I really believe in that kid.  That being said, I trust Joe Douglas.  If he shocks everyone and goes Fields, I’ll back it.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PS17 said:

15041CC1-852D-4EB7-B7F6-6AF0F8991A74.thumb.jpeg.b898a6d3f0eb497c2d806154cbe23e47.jpeg

For the “he’s so tiny” crowd. He’s bigger than Super Bowl winners Young and McMahon. And will likely add a little more muscle under an NFL training program. 

Bitch tlts

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

 

Do you (and other Fields lovers/Zach non believers) just believe Justin Fields has a better chance of being good no matter what? Overcoming any Jet ineptness, more so then Wilson? Like if Wilson was to go to the 49ers or whoever, he'd still likely bust there as well? 

FWIW, dont love any of these guys like for example the way I loved Watson coming out.  That was real man crush type sh*t. Nowhere near as passionate about these dudes.  I'm a Florida Alum.  I hate Georgia and Ohio St.  Legit, 2 of my least favorite programs in the country and Fields turned down Florida for Georgia...so...I wish he sucked because I want to hate him but I cant because he doesnt. He's awesome and he's a freak and has an Ivy league brain and yes, if my job was on the line, I wouldnt over think and take him over Wilson. That's really all it comes down to, the rest is me just hamming it up to how stupid this whole process is these days.  Some of the sh*t people say around here definitively unreal. 

To answer your question more directly; yes, I think Fields is better suited to succeed anywhere simply because he's one of the smartest dudes to ever enter the league and he's an elite all world athlete and because he's been in the spotlight since middle school, he's well equipped to handle NYC.  I think Wilson is a project and will take a complete overhaul of his game and for that, I think he's is more dependent on finding the right landing spot to succeed and I dont think that place is the New York Jets.

I hope I'm wrong because peep my avatar, how do you not love this kid? 

And I cant wait to start screaming Zachkapono-Zachkapono-choooochoooo!!!  during the season

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BCJet said:

At least someone has pointed this out.

Im not saying we all cant have our opinions, thats what a message board is for. But the amount of fans on here who are "positive" a player will be good or bust is absurd, esp with the QBs.  Even for GM's its usually a coin flip with QBs and as good as this class seems, its likely 2 of the 5 first rounders wont be any good.  

I think its far more important to have a good organizational structure and understanding of your offensive and defensive schemes to pick players that fit and when you do find a QB either through the draft or elsewhere, your team is good enough to be very competitive. 

5 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Good time to point out that Ourlads Scouting are the geniuses who gave birth to sitting in the stands at the combine, 100 yards away from QB's who are focused on completing passing during drills and using a radar gun to make proclamations like; Deshaun Watson is not draft-able because 49 MPH.

Has anyone ever thought to themselves lately; there are no draft "experts"?  Because the more and more this sh*t becomes serious business, the more the truth become abundantly clear.  Nobody is good at this, nobody.  There are maybe like 3 legitimate measurements that project to the next level and the rest is like the ******* lotto.  And guess what the lotto doesnt have?  Experts telling you what numbers to pick. 

As a long time reader of Ourlads, I will point out that I have found them to be remarkably accurate over the years.  I find that having an authoritative review enhances the experience of following the NFL.  They provide a baseline view to sort out the hundreds of prospects that enter the draft every year.   No pictures or advertisements, just page after page of player reviews in fine print set forth in a consistent format.  It is worth it just for the draft board.  Try it and see.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PS17 said:

15041CC1-852D-4EB7-B7F6-6AF0F8991A74.thumb.jpeg.b898a6d3f0eb497c2d806154cbe23e47.jpeg

For the “he’s so tiny” crowd. He’s bigger than Super Bowl winners Young and McMahon. And will likely add a little more muscle under an NFL training program. 

McMahon typically doesnt wear shoes when he plays, fwiw, which then gives rationale to how clearly nobody has ever given Zach a golf etiquette lesson, tuck your damn shirt in kid!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Look, I hope so man.  This place, when it’s at its best is a fantastic place to discuss football.  That’s why I’ve posted here as long as I have.  My main concern isn’t what really happens before the draft (annoying as it’s been).  I’m just not really interested in seeing this type of thread derailing nonsense after the draft and all the way into the regular season.  It genuinely drags down my desire to post during a time where I’m usually more active than ever.

I don't like the QB wars as much as I thought I would. 

The amount of tribalism and criticism being leveled at trivial things is hurting my brain as much as it's making me laugh.

Poor Wilson and his somewhat out of place middle name. 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Biggs said:

I disagree.  They can see the accuracy, the fluid movement and quick release.  They can see where they put the ball and how they vary their throws to create YAC.  They can see decision making within the scheme that they are put in.  What they can't do is a post morteum on their brains prior to the draft. 

True.  Moreover, like anything else - you get good at it.  When I hire a plumber, I do not tell him what to do.  I know damn well that he has skills and experience that I have not spent the time to develop.  Nobody knows everything.  All of us rely on the expertise of other people.  As for Ourlads, I do not know of any other professional scouting services working the NFL.  There are many with their hands out and will gladly take your money, but their work is derivative.   Ourlads is actually doing the scouting and it is not just at the combine and pro days.  They scout college games and rarely miss a trick.  

For example, I knew Zach Wilson had surgery on his non-throwing shoulder in college along with his thumb from reading this message board.  I did not know he had surgery to repair his THROWING shoulder in high school until I read the Ourlads write up.  This is all they do.  Like a skilled cabinet maker, they can do it better than you and there is no shame in utilizing the expertise of others.   

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I'm actually really stoked on Wilson but I'm even more excited about hating him right after the pick is made. 

I’ve been practicing 2:1 breathing technique for draft night. In between bites of food of course

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Because this thread isn’t the only place where it happens.

Post a film review?  It’s a race to see how quickly it can be derailed by children who are upset that the Jets might not get them their favorite toy for Christmas.  

Post a mock draft that suggests Fields can still be the pick?  50 posts that say say “How DARE you pick one that doesn’t align with what I believe will happen.”

Post an interesting analytical stat in favor of Wilson?  Well now you’re a “Zachkapono” freak who should basically play in traffic for not kneeling at the altar of Justin Fields and THE Ohio State.

All of these kids have shown that they can REALLY f*cking play, even Mac Jones lol.  That’s the point.  We should be considering ourselves lucky that we get to draft and start over with any one of them, especially since we have our pick of the litter not named Lawrence (barring a shocker with Jacksonville).  Instead it’s become abundantly clear that the toddlers that are guilty of the above will make this place a miserable sh*t show when draft night comes along and they don’t get what they want.

This feels directed at me and I'm offended.  I've been here politely challenging the norm since TL was billed generational.  I've openly given objective analysis on all players.  What I like, what I dont like.  Fields included.  If you recall, because I challenged the TL generational label, I was literally harassed and stalked and sent numerous PM's telling me how dumb I was by a handful of posters, so much so to the point where a certain poster created a thread apologizing for it after Fields whipped the floor with TL.

Again, I was literally one of the first posters along with maury, to bring Wilson up as a prospect.  We are now considered the biggest haters on the board because as we always do, after analysis, came away with some conclusions and because those conclusions once again went against the grain, we were met with a similar response.  So this time, we decided to have some fun with it.  And those who dish it, ironically, couldnt handle it.  To the point, where a poster was just banned for his behavior, this poster has been sending me PM's telling me how much I suck penis (I do, I love it) for months.

In conclusion, you created this monster. 

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pac said:

Why do you care?  Would be so boring if this was a 60 page circle jerk where everyone was anointing Zach the next MVP.

So he looks a bit like Punky Brewster...  Ultimately if he can play thats all anyone will care about.

It's all nonsense at this point. Everything has been discussed. We're getting cranky. 8 more days. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

As a long time reader of Ourlads, I will point out that I have found them to be remarkably accurate over the years.  I find that having an authoritative review enhances the experience of following the NFL.  They provide a baseline view to sort out the hundreds of prospects that enter the draft every year.   No pictures or advertisements, just page after page of player reviews in fine print set forth in a consistent format.  It is worth it just for the draft board.  Try it and see.

It will be hard for me to ever take them serious after the MPH sh*t with Watson.  I had to battle the entire board on that for an entire offseason arguing bout how bogus of a report that was, and go figure, ridiculed (those threads have been bumped) by the masses for my opinion. So I hear ya but phew, not sure I'll be able to go there.  lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

This feels directed at me and I'm offended.  I've been here politely challenging the norm since TL was billed generational.  I've openly given objective analysis on all players.  What I like, what I dont like.  Fields included.  If you recall, because I challenged the TL generational label, I was literally harassed and stalked and sent numerous PM's telling me how dumb I was by a handful of posters, so much so to the point where a certain poster created a thread apologizing for it after Fields whipped the floor with TL.

Again, I was literally one of the first posters along with maury, to bring Wilson up as a prospect.  We are now considered the biggest haters on the board because as we always do, after analysis, came away with some conclusions and because those conclusions once again went against the grain, we were met with a similar response.  So this time, we decided to have some fun with it.  And those who dish it, ironically, couldnt handle it.  To the point, where a poster was just banned for his behavior, this poster has been sending me PM's telling me how much I suck penis (I do, I love it) for months.

In conclusion, you created this monster. 

Translation:

I know everything, everyone else is wrong, I was the first at everything, everyone else is harrassing me, woe is me

Blah blah blah blah

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tranquilo said:

Translation:

I know everything, everyone else is wrong, I was the first at everything, everyone else is harrassing me, woe is me

Blah blah blah blah

In preparation for the clean up, this post was reported. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

Colin Cowherd hates Wilson.  He loved Sam.

I haven’t heard him say anything negative Wilson.  He isn’t proclaiming him to be better than Peyton Manning so I guess that’s him bashing him maybe

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

In preparation for the clean up, this post was reported. 

 

If you'd have less of a persecution complex, you'd feel a lot better about all this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Philc1 said:

I haven’t heard him say anything negative Wilson.  He isn’t proclaiming him to be better than Peyton Manning so I guess that’s him bashing him maybe

He literally said he's the most likely to bust out of the top 5 QBs and have 15% chance at being a "hit"

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

True.  Moreover, like anything else - you get good at it.  When I hire a plumber, I do not tell him what to do.  I know damn well that he has skills and experience that I have not spent the time to develop.  Nobody knows everything.  All of us rely on the expertise of other people.  As for Ourlads, I do not know of any other professional scouting services working the NFL.  There are many with their hands out and will gladly take your money, but their work is derivative.   Ourlads is actually doing the scouting and it is not just at the combine and pro days.  They scout college games and rarely miss a trick.  

For example, I knew Zach Wilson had surgery on his non-throwing shoulder in college along with his thumb from reading this message board.  I did not know he had surgery to repair his THROWING shoulder in high school until I read the Ourlads write up.  This is all they do.  Like a skilled cabinet maker, they can do it better than you and there is no shame in utilizing the expertise of others.   

 

Zach Wilson never had surgery on his non throwing shoulder. Wilson had surgery on his throwing shoulder after his freshman year after discussing it with John Beck. The injury occurred in high school.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tranquilo said:

If you'd have less of a persecution complex, you'd feel a lot better about all this.

In preparation for the clean up, this post was reported.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tranquilo said:

He literally said he's the most likely to bust out of the top 5 QBs and have 15% chance at being a "hit"

This is literally the worst thing I’ve read or heard Cowherd say about Wilson

 

0AA769DC-3990-4E99-BD01-F9A62953BE4C.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

Zach Wilson never had surgery on his non throwing shoulder. Wilson had surgery on his throwing shoulder after his freshman year after discussing it with John Beck. The injury occurred in high school.

The survey on the nonthrowing shoulder is coming 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...