All Page 1 Zach Wilson Threads: MERGED

AFJF

38 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

FWIW, dont love any of these guys like for example the way I loved Watson coming out.  That was real man crush type sh*t. Nowhere near as passionate about these dudes.  I'm a Florida Alum.  I hate Georgia and Ohio St.  Legit, 2 of my least favorite programs in the country and Fields turned down Florida for Georgia...so...I wish he sucked because I want to hate him but I cant because he doesnt. He's awesome and he's a freak and has an Ivy league brain and yes, if my job was on the line, I wouldnt over think and take him over Wilson. That's really all it comes down to, the rest is me just hamming it up to how stupid this whole process is these days.  Some of the sh*t people say around here definitively unreal. 

To answer your question more directly; yes, I think Fields is better suited to succeed anywhere simply because he's one of the smartest dudes to ever enter the league and he's an elite all world athlete and because he's been in the spotlight since middle school, he's well equipped to handle NYC.  I think Wilson is a project and will take a complete overhaul of his game and for that, I think he's is more dependent on finding the right landing spot to succeed and I dont think that place is the New York Jets.

I hope I'm wrong because peep my avatar, how do you not love this kid? 

And I cant wait to start screaming Zachkapono-Zachkapono-choooochoooo!!!  during the season

It is funny the last couple of years when, especially during FA, a lot of rumors attach the Jets to flashy names. And Douglas consistently lands a different guy at the position who’s somehow more boring despite being comparably productive and a better athlete.

7 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Ok, but I'm freaking quoting what he just said an hour ago. Like currently. At this moment.

Here is the Cowers piece.  Seems like he is just regurgitating what the Athletic said about the jets not being an ideal situation.

1 hour ago, clayton163v said:

With respect, they are both motorcycles.  Two-wheeled motorized vehicles.  When you crash that scooter, you are all kinds of hurt.  I do not want my professional athletes taken with the second pick playing beach volleyball or basketball either.  There are clauses forbidding both in sports contracts.  Never mind that thing. 

With all due respect a scooter with a tiny electric motor isnt a motorcycle.  Especially if we're going to compare it to a 150mph Hayabusa 

Clauses on a little putt putt scooter?  Good luck with that.  Or bicycles.  Basketball....

5 hours ago, JiFapono said:

100%.  The draft has jumped the shark.   It stupid nonsense at this point.  I used to love it, could give a **** now.  Probably the last time I actually give it any thought and research outside of just watching college ball. 

It’s more interesting when you aren’t in the market for a QB.

• Upvote 1

Speaking with The Athletic's Bruce Feldman, an anonymous NFL QB coach said that Alabama QB Mac Jones was "substantially better in the interviews" than any other quarterback.

And this coach isn't just a fan of Mac Jones' gray matter. He waxed poetic at length regarding the Bama gunslinger, telling Feldman, "Mac is processing. He’s accurate. He’s layering it. He has pinpoint accuracy and throws with anticipation." The coach also noted one distinction between Jones and BYUI's Zach Wilson: While he called Wilson's arm talent "freaky," that freakiness fails to come with the same awesome accuracy of Jones.

Source: The Athletic
Apr 21, 2021, 12:44 PM ET

13 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Indy numbers are in

I am now a big fan of Tutu Atwell/  At 149 lbs, there would actually be an NFL player smaller than I am.  On the other hand, seeing that, I am no longer as upset that he was sniped from me in the JN draft.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

Here is the Cowers piece.  Seems like he is just regurgitating what the Athletic said about the jets not being an ideal situation.

I think you can like or dislike whomever you want at QB, but some takes on Wilson are just SOOO dumb I have to react.

Look at the caption: "talented but" threw a lot of picks"

What?

In 2020 he threw 3 interceptions 1 being a hail mary. He threw 15 picks in 3 years in 837 attempts a 1.79% clip which is at an elite level.

You can find fault with a lot of things about Zach Wilson but "lots of picks" is not one of them in any way.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

Normally I would be happy with either one.  As I've aged I tend to have buyers remorse.   I look at Wilson as a Porshe and Fields as a BMW.   Personally  I don't go into BMW dealerships anymore.  The idea of being locked into a 4 year lease with a buy option when I know I could have gotten the Porsche would slowly get under my skin.   Sar 1 would certainly be happy with a Fields for 4 years, I'm leaning toward the Wilson even though there's a potential for more costly repairs.   At least while he's playing, I'm going to love the performance.  

Love the analogy but is a porsche not just a fancy VW?? Fields is a BMW 8 series and will turn heads and hold his value.

Just out of curiosity what type of cars are lawrence, jones and lance?

8 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

Love the analogy but is a porsche not just a fancy VW?? Fields is a BMW 8 series and will turn heads and hold his value.

Actually Porsche holds it's value better than BMW.  

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

This feels directed at me and I'm offended.  I've been here politely challenging the norm since TL was billed generational.  I've openly given objective analysis on all players.  What I like, what I dont like.  Fields included.  If you recall, because I challenged the TL generational label, I was literally harassed and stalked and sent numerous PM's telling me how dumb I was by a handful of posters, so much so to the point where a certain poster created a thread apologizing for it after Fields whipped the floor with TL.

Again, I was literally one of the first posters along with maury, to bring Wilson up as a prospect.  We are now considered the biggest haters on the board because as we always do, after analysis, came away with some conclusions and because those conclusions once again went against the grain, we were met with a similar response.  So this time, we decided to have some fun with it.  And those who dish it, ironically, couldnt handle it.  To the point, where a poster was just banned for his behavior, this poster has been sending me PM's telling me how much I suck penis (I do, I love it) for months.

In conclusion, you created this monster. 

Wasn't directed at you whatsoever.  You are one of the few I know has a stance based on something more than just “feelings”, particularly because of your TL stance.  I also know you will root for whoever this team trots out.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Wasn't directed at you whatsoever.  You are one of the few I know has a stance based on something more than just “feelings”, particularly because of your TL stance.  I also know you will root for whoever this team trots out.

Season 10 Hug GIF by Friends

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

Better get @SAR I in here to settle this. 

33 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Actually Porsche holds it's value better than BMW.  

51 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

Oh yeah, I agree.   Don't take anything Cowherd says seriously.  I was just posting his latest ratings ramble that another poster referred to.

Yup, It's all about viewership for the guys.  Self hating Jet fans are eating up the bad reports on Wilson...Wilson hit pieces are coming out daily and getting massive views and listens.

These media guys aren't stupid - Attack Wilson get ratings, clicks, view etc...It's a business.

Guy like Cowherd - doesn't matter if he's wrong or right - no one cares.  He just says whatever he wants - he has no credibility left - but he gets viewers.

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Yup, It's all about viewership for the guys.  Self hating Jet fans are eating up the bad reports on Wilson...Wilson hit pieces are coming out daily and getting massive views and listens.

These media guys aren't stupid - Attack Wilson get ratings, clicks, view etc...It's a business.

Guy like Cowherd - doesn't matter if he's wrong or right - no one cares.  He just says whatever he wants - he has no credibility left - but he gets viewers.

He came out big when Darnold was drafted that he was the greatest thing since sliced bread.  He now seems  to have some resentment against the Jets.

• Haha 2

Lawrence

2 hours ago, adobolo2 said:

Lawrence is a Ferrari 330 P4

Jones is a 68 Chevorlet Belaire rusted out with unpainted bondo keeping the body from falling apart but the thing still runs and can get you there if you know how to keep the engine from flooding when you start it.

Lance is the Aspark Owl.  Still on the drawing board, Looks great, amazing acceleration but if it crashes it will burn on the side of the road forever.   

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

This is literally the worst thing I’ve read or heard Cowherd say about Wilson

0AA769DC-3990-4E99-BD01-F9A62953BE4C.jpeg

Cowher went to College in the Big Sky Confrence.  Talk about a lack of competition.  If you're going to post opinions by a talking head he better have at least an Ivy League education.