All Page 1 Zach Wilson Threads: MERGED

AFJF

To some degree yes. 

I think people see the arm and crazy throws and are clamoring for the next mahomes. There has been a huge influx of exciting young QBs that are injecting life into franchises. 

I feel with Wilson there is no middle ground. Dude is going to flame out HARD or we could have a true Franchise stud QB. 

Normally I would still roll with Sam, because I think he will definitely be better this year, but even if we could see a coaching staff open the playbook and take some deep shots and breath some life into this corpse of a team, I’m willing to roll the dice on Wilson. 

easier said than done, because Douglas NEEDS to make the right call. His reputation will live or die with what we do or don’t do at 2. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

No, 

He's being valued for his skill-set and how it aligns with the way todays NFL is being played.

He's perfectly suited for it.

Trey Lance and Justin Fields also align with the way todays NFL is played. Sam Darnold was projected to align with the current NFL also.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think he’s being overvalued because he prospered in a year where the entire earth was screwed to oblivion by a pandemic, playing against a bunch of punch and judy-ass Big Sky Conference hangers-on

Yeah but those throws facing Dubuque Community College DBs looked so pretty

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, HamBilly said:

It feels as if Wilson is escaping criticism because nobody wants to be wrong about the next Mahomes, Allen or Herbert. This is not meant to be an attack on Zach Wilson but why is everyone locking him as the Jets pick? 

Mahomes - If people thought he was going to be this good, he wouldn't have lasted until the teens in the 2017 draft. 3rd QB taken in his draft because may believe his offense wouldn't translate in the NFL.

Allen - Many thought he was a surefire bust. Everyone saw him as just measurable and nothing else. Many viewed him as the 4th or 5th best QB in his draft class.

Herbert - Similar to Allen, people saw measurables in a gimmicky system. Was widely regarded as the 3rd best QB in his draft class.

There are several QBs in this draft with 1st round talent and a unique skillset. Having a athletic big arm QB isn't the only way to win in the NFL. Just wish there were more debates on this forum honestly evaluating all the top prospects instead of locking in on Wilson.

YES

4 minutes ago, QB1 said:

The reality is that other than the injury history there is almost no red flags with this player. 

That's what I am alluding to. He does have red flags that people are ignoring.

For example, he is a 1 year wonder. Not saying they will have the same fate, but Mitch Trubisky had a similar rise to Wilson.

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Aaron Rodgers has been doing it for 15 years.  

1 superbowl

It's one more than we have but if it's to be believed we will be running a similar system to Mike leflour that's great but I'd rather we be original rather than trying to replicate what the Packers have done because the chances Wilson turns out to be Rodgers is slim no matter how good of a prospect you think he is.

• Upvote 2

We have had a LOT of talk on this forum about all of the major QB's for a long time.

The media and other things have pushed Wilson to near the top.

We have a good number of people who still like Fields better, we have some that like lance and some that like Mac Jones.

All of the QB's in this draft have some questions, as is often thee case.

I will say something I said long ago, a number of years from now the guy deemed the most successful QB from this draft will not be Trevor Lawrence.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think he’s being overvalued because he prospered in a year where the entire earth was screwed to oblivion by a pandemic, playing against a bunch of punch and judy-ass Big Sky Conference hangers-on

The real competition was in the big 10 

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Joe Burrow is the main culprit for a guy exploding through with one great year. But I mean Joe exploded against the SEC with historical numbers so it's not even the best comparison.

The Jets already had at QB someone who was the holder of every significant record of the SEC and he was a disaster.