Every Darnold completion/run of 2020

QB1

Just now, Warfish said:

Just curious Nico, what is the point here?

Are you advocating keeping Darnold?

Are you advocating not drafting at QB at #2?

What?

Just sharing the video, I feel that it shows his talent. I am for Wilson at 2 but can’t help but see something worth salvaging in that video.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, QB1 said:

Man I can’t help but be impressed with this film... nothing was easy, OL collapsing nearly every play, throwing to nobody. I’m on the Wilson camp but I wonder what some real coaching and supporting cast do to Darnold. 

Find a video on his every miss and you’ll wanna choke yourself to death. 

Man, the talent and potential are there.  He does so many of the things teams look for in terms of movement in the pocket, throwing on the run, evading a collapsing pocket, etc.  But the mistakes he makes aren't infrequent.  He has piled up some bad decisions and throws over the years.  It's what makes him so tough to evaluate.

When I watch a video like this I ask myself, can I see someone like Zach Wilson completing these same passes to these types of WRs under this kind of pressure.  Man, we better hope so.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

We know he has talent. 

Blake Bortles had talent. Jamarcus Russell had talent. Johnny Manziel? You get the point. TONS of disappointing NFL QBs had talent. 

Unfortunately, talent is only one part of the equation. 

Some people will never understand that every single player who makes it to the NFL has talent and can show "flashes". Nico is one of them. 

• Upvote 2