Every Darnold completion/run of 2020

QB1

you guys should check out the advance stats at PFF. 

the WRs drop 14 passes in Sams 12 games. and Sams drop passes % was 25 in the league. 24 other QBs had more drops per attempt than Sam.

on he was 32nd in the league with "on target throwing %" only starters worst were Lock, Haskins and Wentz. 

and the OL gave him avg time in the pocket. yeah he got blitzed and sacked alot but it wasnt the worst in the league. some good QBs like Allen and Wilson had more. 

.the coaches will go over the tape and see if WRs ran the right routes, if the throws were where they were suppose to be... the stuff we cant see on TV

well these stats tell us those throws were not on target. and those WRs werent dropping passes like that.

and the OL gave him avg time in the pocket. 

sorry but stats dont lie. Sam is not good

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, QB1 said:

Man I can’t help but be impressed with this film... nothing was easy, OL collapsing nearly every play, throwing to nobody. I’m on the Wilson camp but I wonder what some real coaching and supporting cast do to Darnold. 

You can make a highlight film for Mark Sanchez and geno Smith also 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Morrissey said:

Oh so you’re impressed with video with only his completions.. why? What do you learn from that?

Kind of like watching a Pro Day

10 hours ago, QB1 said:

Man I can’t help but be impressed with this film... nothing was easy, OL collapsing nearly every play, throwing to nobody. I’m on the Wilson camp but I wonder what some real coaching and supporting cast do to Darnold. 

Sam does have ability but for every nice throw he makes, he also has a bad one. What I really got out of this is how much he relied on Crowder and Barrios. What JD gave him to work with was freaking criminal. 

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Kind of like watching a Pro Day

Sam does have ability but for every nice throw he makes, he also has a bad one. What I really got out of this is how much he relied on Crowder and Barrios. What JD gave him to work with was freaking criminal. 

not really, possibility of in-completions and having mistakes is possible.

10 hours ago, Mogglez said:

How impressive was this Nico?

This is a bit off-topic, but how hard is it to understand you should tilt the phone while filming. I can see it might be a challenge to remember that every movie you've ever seen and every TV you have ever seen is 16:9 not 9:16, but when you're actually filming a screen?!  

download.png

• Haha 1

I'm so against Zach Wilson that I'm for keeping Darnold. The 2018-20 Jets were not an ideal place for the kid to develop. You can cherry pick the negative or the positive but the bottom line for me is he's young enough to give another opportunity in 2021 - only 2 years 2 months older than Wilson. If it doesn't work he's gone, and we have the resources to address quarterback at some point next off-season. On the other hand if he has an Alex Smith like reversal of fortune, then that really accelerates Joe Douglas' plans for the Jets to be a perrenial playoff team. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, QB1 said:

We need a video of his incompletions. Sam is great at the spectacular just struggles with the mundane.

For the eleventeenth time, Darnold played behind a bad line, AND makes bad decisions. In a world where he played behind a solid line with good skill players, Darnold could lead the team into the playoffs only to implode when facing a team with a good defensive coordinator. His decision making is atrocious at times. He sometimes finds gold on a broken play, buy he makes several bad decisions before making one good play.

Bye Darnold. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

not really, possibility of in-completions and having mistakes is possible.

If at the level an NFL QB is supposed to be at, even if he is going to be a backup, after practicing all the throws he is going to make with the guys he is throwing to, he better nail about 99% of those throws. Sure a ball can come out funny but there is no rush, and no DB to throw away from. It's  essentially  a game of catch. 

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

If at the level an NFL QB is supposed to be at, even if he is going to be a backup, after practicing all the throws he is going to make with the guys he is throwing to, he better nail about 99% of those throws. Sure a ball can come out funny but there is no rush, and no DB to throw away from. It's  essentially  a game of catch. 

someone tell Mac Jones....

22 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I'm so against Zach Wilson that I'm for keeping Darnold. The 2018-20 Jets were not an ideal place for the kid to develop. You can cherry pick the negative or the positive but the bottom line for me is he's young enough to give another opportunity in 2021 - only 2 years 2 months older than Wilson. If it doesn't work he's gone, and we have the resources to address quarterback at some point next off-season. On the other hand if he has an Alex Smith like reversal of fortune, then that really accelerates Joe Douglas' plans for the Jets to be a perrenial playoff team. 

I'm not sold on Wilson but come on. We can't  go back to the well on Darnold just from a logic point of view. I mean had he played better last season, even if he ranked in the mid 20's, I would be all for keeping him but are you really going to risk a repeat of last season? JD is not turning this team into a contender this year.  I mean Tevon Coleman is the best skill player he added. That is a step up from Gore but just one step. This team is going to suck again unless we somehow draft a stand out WR at 23 or make a move to get one. There is still no help for Sam here. I would bet after watching JD's offseason, Sam is begging to be traded. 

9 hours ago, choon328 said:

I posted all of these to show you that this isn't an Adam Gase issue. This is and has been a Sam Darnold issue since college. He makes terrible decisions and can not read the field post snap.

Of course you would neglect the Adam Gase Sleeper Cells that have been following Darnold around since elementary school.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, QB1 said:

I'm with you. Sam could have used some help.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Man, the talent and potential are there.  He does so many of the things teams look for in terms of movement in the pocket, throwing on the run, evading a collapsing pocket, etc.  But the mistakes he makes aren't infrequent.  He has piled up some bad decisions and throws over the years.  It's what makes him so tough to evaluate.

When I watch a video like this I ask myself, can I see someone like Zach Wilson completing these same passes to these types of WRs under this kind of pressure.  Man, we better hope so.

Actually, that makes him very easy to evaluate.  Because franchise QB's are not made by flashy plays.  They're made by consistency. 

The only thing Darnold does with any consistency is make at least one back-breaking or mind-numbingly stupid decision every single game.  He also misses wide open receivers or often doesn't see them at all.  3 years of consistent idiocy demonstrating he just doesn't understand how to play the position.  Maybe that's why you don't draft a kid at # 3 overall who played Linebacker in High School and then followed that up with just 27 collegiate starts, most of which were not impressive and filled with turnovers.

The evaluation, thus, is easy:  He's not the guy.  Not here, not anywhere else.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

Would Darnold get this much slack from people if he was a 4th rd pick?

Absolutely not.  Hence why the Jaguars moved on so quickly from Gardner Minshew even though his numbers are superior to Darnold's on a team that is hardly any better than the Jets.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

For the eleventeenth time, Darnold played behind a bad line, AND makes bad decisions. In a world where he played behind a solid line with good skill players, Darnold could lead the team into the playoffs only to implode when facing a team with a good defensive coordinator. His decision making is atrocious at times. He sometimes finds gold on a broken play, buy he makes several bad decisions before making one good play.

Bye Darnold. 

lol @ the idea of Darnold ever leading a team to the playoffs.

He'd manage to get a loaded team to 8-8.  Or maybe 9-8 under the stupid new 17-game slate.

• Upvote 1

A lot of revisionism and recency bias here. His past college play now has to be discounted and denigrated because he’s disappointed professionally.

To the point where confusion reigns as to how he was even a QB in the first place, found success in college and that he even came to the attention of professional evaluators as ranking amount the best of his college peers.

Victory has a thousand fathers and defeat is an orphan indeed.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Ian Fleming said:

A lot of revisionism and recency bias here. His past college play now has to be discounted and denigrated because he’s disappointed professionally.

To the point where confusion reigns as to how he was even a QB in the first place, found success in college and that he even came to the attention of professional evaluators as ranking amount the best of his college peers.

Victory has a thousand fathers and defeat is an orphan indeed.

Or, perhaps there were gigantic red flags that were missed at the time because of one great Rose Bowl performance.  The numbers don't lie.  He threw a ton of INT's and led all of D-I in fumbles (20) his final year in college.  Did he have upside?  Sure.  But if he hasn't shown it in 3 years in the league, he never will.

Similar to the way fans point to the Packer game for why Darnold might be good.  

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, its a duck.  Darnold sucks.