Darnold extended: April Fools

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

29 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Why would Darnold ever agree to this? I don't think he's good but any agent who recommends him signing an extension off his worst statistical year would be an imbecile unless it was above market value for him.  And sign and trades never happen in the nfl bc of the dead money involved with a signing bonus. And if you're not offering that then if I was his agent I would want 2022 at the rate of $18 million and guaranteed just like his 5th year option to sign anything. And then you still have the same issue that you have now bc nobody wants to guarantee 2022 to him off of this past years performance. 

I keep seeing people see this.

The Same thing was being said about Tribisky last year. He is now making 3m a year in a backup role. 

That is what the future holds for Darnold in its current trajectory. Statistically he is among the worst QB’s in the NFL. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, adobolo2 said:

You should have said a 3 year $90m deal. If we were getting him for $11m each year over the next 3 years it would be a good deal even as a back up and makes him very attractive for trade bait with a contract like that.

1) I knew it was a fake as soon as I saw the thread title....but props for the photoshop on the Scheftter tweet.

2) I would 1000% sign up for this extension on him right now.  $11 million per is a super bargain for any potential starting QB.  Makes him so much easier to trade and arguably increases his trade value.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

1) I knew it was a fake as soon as I saw the thread title....but props for the photoshop on the Scheftter tweet.

2) I would 1000% sign up for this extension on him right now.  $11 million per is a super bargain for any potential starting QB.  Makes him so much easier to trade and arguably increases his trade value.

triple h agree GIF by WWE

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

I could actually see  this happening.  Hopefully after we trade the 2 for a haul.   If the three years included this year it's not a bad deal.  Darnold can keep us in the hunt for a high first for another 2 years until the right guy falls to us and we can use the extra picks to build or trade up to take the next bust QB.