What if? Jets told 49ers that they are not taking Wilson at #2? Wanted Miami to trade out of #3, so that 49ers would get him? Jets stay at #2, because they will pick Kyle Pitts?

Perhaps the Jets don't want to move out of the 2nd spot because they are set on picking Kyle Pitts, who they believe will be gone by #5.

The Jets want other teams to believe that they are picking Wilson, so that Miami trades out of #3, and they don't decide to pick Wilson for themselves.  49ers and Jets now have a relationship, and Jets helped both themselves, 49ers and don't allow Miami to pick up a QB who they don't want to see playing on Miami.

• Thumb Down 10
  • Confused 6
  • Haha 4
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Then Douglas, Saleh and just about everyone else in the organisation should be fired and banned for life from the NFL. This forum has lost it's collective sh*t. We are staying at #2 and taking Za

Perhaps the Jets don't want to move out of the 2nd spot because they are set on picking Kyle Pitts, who they believe will be gone by #5. The Jets want other teams to believe that they are picking

So a team obviously desperate for a QB is secretly desperate to draft a TE. To be fair, it does sound like the Jets. 

Posted Images

After the Niners trade and it being the Jets and as many times as we passed on FQB’s I am almost expecting us to not draft Wilson. The Niners trade just doesn’t sit right with me coming up that far for QB 3. 

20 minutes ago, Alka said:

Perhaps the Jets don't want to move out of the 2nd spot because they are set on picking Kyle Pitts, who they believe will be gone by #5.

The Jets want other teams to believe that they are picking Wilson, so that Miami trades out of #3, and they don't decide to pick Wilson for themselves.  49ers and Jets now have a relationship, and Jets helped both themselves, 49ers and don't allow Miami to pick up a QB who they don't want to see playing on Miami.

What if this is completely implausible? 

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The way I look at the 49ers trade is that its basically a more extreme version of what the Jets did in 2018. 

In 2018, Mac knew he was getting either Mayfield or Darnold (and I think expected Mayfield) because the word was out pretty early that the Giants were in love with Barkley. And I think the Jets were excited to draft either one. 

The 49ers know they are getting their choice of Wilson (unlikely), Fields, Lance, or Jones and probably really like at least two of those guys. 

The logical side of my brain agrees with this. I have learned over the years as a Jet fan is that until something actually comes to fruition such as winning an important game, picking the right player, hiring the  right coach etc.. I have zero faith until I see it with my own eyes. 

Cold-hearted orb that rules the night
Removes the colours from our sight
Red is gray and yellow, white
But we decide which is right
And which is an illusion
  • Haha 1
50 minutes ago, Alka said:

What if? Jets told 49ers that they are not taking Wilson at #2? Wanted Miami to trade out of #3, so that 49ers would get him? Jets stay at #2, because they will pick Kyle Pitts?

Re6eba41f70a248a52644ede74eb12fc3?rik=mR

33 minutes ago, TommyT said:

What if you stop staring absurd threads. 

It's only absurd until it actually happens.  Then it's not absurd anymore.

What if I told you right after the Jets drafted Sam Darnold, who many considered the best QB in the draft, that in 3 years the Jets would be at #2, picking a QB, because Darnold turned out to be the 32nd best QB of 2020.  What if I told you that the Jets would hire Adam Gase, who Miami will fire, and Gase would get MacCagnan fired, and put into place a GM that Adam Gase loved, and then after that, the GM who Gase helped get hired, would help get Gase fired.

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Alka said:

What’s your last name Holic?

• Haha 2

So the Jets, with close ties with the Niners, would refuse to trade the pick for a massive collection of draft picks? The Niners would want to get as close to a guarantee as possible that they are getting their guy, and the best way to do that would be to land the #2 pick.

Joe Douglas decided that he liked a tight end so much that he had no interest in all those draft picks.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Trade SF the #2 they take Wilson in return we get the #3 take Fields 

SF also trades us Kittle and 2022 #1 pick 

Hittin the sauce a little early today? 

1 minute ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

So the Jets, with close ties with the Niners, would refuse to trade the pick for a massive collection of draft picks? The Niners would want to get as close to a guarantee as possible that they are getting their guy, and the best way to do that would be to land the #2 pick.

Joe Douglas decided that he liked a tight end so much that he had no interest in all those draft picks.

Well, it sounds silly when you put it that way. 

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Barkus said:

I think you are on to something here. Except I think the Jets will draft a kicker at #2.

remember when the jets drafted a freaking kicker in the 2nd round? man, this team has been a joke for way too long