What if? Jets told 49ers that they are not taking Wilson at #2? Wanted Miami to trade out of #3, so that 49ers would get him? Jets stay at #2, because they will pick Kyle Pitts?

Alka

14 hours ago, johnnysd said:

You do realize that Shanahan has actually said he is taking QB and hinted hard it is Jones. He is not trading down he does not need to be coy or evasive

"There's no question in my mind, if they (the 49ers) can figure out how to get Zach, that's their No. 1 first choice," Young said. "I just don't know how they get it done. The Jets have committed to Zach and recruited the family. I just don't know how that gets undone, but you know, look, a lot can happen."

I have a hard time buying SF giving up that much for Jones if they want Wilson who is a completely different QB my money is on Wilson to SF. Yes the Tin hat stays on.

On 4/2/2021 at 8:40 AM, extmenace said:

Depends on your definition of desperate. To me and many others, the jets are not in desperate need to upgrade the QB this season. Do we need to upgrade? yes. But for the long term, it would be in this teams best interest to address the QB situation next season with a better team, more draft picks, and the additional information gathered by watching Darnold play in an offense that has been proven to be effective. I don't think darnold is the guy but it wouldn't surprise me either if he looked significantly better this year with gases trash offense out of the picture.

Better QB class next year 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

People are failing to see the big picture. It's obvious the Jet's are (or were), wavering on Darnold vs Wilson. Trading down to #3 gives them an extra 2nd rd pick and the only player other than QB that makes sense in the top 10. I'm not saying its going to happen. Pitts is the best WR in the draft.

25 minutes ago, genot said:

People are failing to see the big picture. It's obvious the Jet's are (or were), wavering on Darnold vs Wilson. Trading down to #3 gives them an extra 2nd rd pick and the only player other than QB that makes sense in the top 10. I'm not saying its going to happen. Pitts is the best WR in the draft.

Except he is not; its Chase

Just now, genot said:

Chase is what we drafted Mims to be. Pitts is taller, bigger, and much more versatile than Chase. If we didn't have Mims, then Chase would make a lot more sense.

I agree that Pitts jives much better with the Jets current roster and FA moves (i.e. Corey Davis signing) than any of the WRs. 

Pitts would make a ton of sense if we traded down, but we'd probably have to trade down to #4 (not happening, IMO) to safely land him. 

Is it really that far fetched to think the Niners moved up to 3 for Wilson. He wants to play for the Niners his family wants him to play for the Niners, what if he doesn’t want to play for the Jets and stated so, then the Niners make the move. Is it really that hard to believe? They announced the trade during his pro day then Young come out signing his praises with subtle hints it could still happen. Maybe I have read too many Wilson and SD threads. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Is it really that far fetched to think the Niners moved up to 3 for Wilson. He wants to play for the Niners his family wants him to play for the Niners, what if he doesn’t want to play for the Jets and stated so, then the Niners make the move. Is it really that hard to believe? They announced the trade during his pro day then Young come out signing his praises with subtle hints it could still happen. Maybe I have read too many Wilson and SD threads. 

Yes, it really is that far fetched. 

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I agree that Pitts jives much better with the Jets current roster and FA moves (i.e. Corey Davis signing) than any of the WRs. 

Pitts would make a ton of sense if we traded down, but we'd probably have to trade down to #4 (not happening, IMO) to safely land him. 

Something about that San Fran trade, smells fishy. Happened on the day of Wilson's pro day. With everyone from the Jet's and San Fran there. Then you have Steve Young talking up Wilson, an that would be thier 1st choice.Giving up that draft capital for a QB that wasn't at the top of your list. Probably reading more into it than i should.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, genot said:

Something about that San Fran trade, smells fishy. Happened on the day of Wilson's pro day. With everyone from the Jet's and San Fran there. Then you have Steve Young talking up Wilson, an that would be thier 1st choice.Giving up that draft capital for a QB that wasn't at the top of your list. Probably reading more into it than i should.

Steve Young is a SF homer who was on a SF radio station telling them what they wanted to hear. Means nothing. 

IMO, if the 49ers were trading up to #2, they would be there already. 

On 4/1/2021 at 2:21 PM, Philc1 said:

Don’t be shocked 49ers simply stick with Jimmy G and draft Pitts.  Would be the smartest move

so a team with george kittle giving up multiple 1st round picks to move up to draft ANOTHER TE would be the "smartest" move??? ?

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Steve Young is a SF homer who was on a SF radio station telling them what they wanted to hear. Means nothing. 

IMO, if the 49ers were trading up to #2, they would be there already. 

Maybe Some merit to the argument that the two players the Jet's covet,(if it's not a QB), wouldn't be available at #12. And that's Pitts or Waddle 

4 minutes ago, genot said:

Maybe Some merit to the argument that the two players the Jet's covet,(if it's not a QB), wouldn't be available at #12. And that's Pitts or Waddle 

If that was the case, they could've done what Miami did and still gotten Pitts or Waddle.

1 hour ago, Tranquilo said:

Yes, it really is that far fetched. 

Why? I am all for Wilson/Fields it’s not an anti Wilson theory.  Whats  to say he doesn’t want to play for the Jets and he doesn’t want to pull an Eli and the teams don’t want to make it public. The Jets may take another player they have rated after Wilson or maybe they like another QB. Do you think the Niners made that trade with Miami at 3 knowing we were taking Wilson if they are so high on Wilson? Wilson and his family want him to play for the Niners. I am not saying that this is going to happen but it’s not out of the realm of possibility. 

6 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Why? I am all for Wilson/Fields it’s not an anti Wilson theory.  Whats  to say he doesn’t want to play for the Jets and he doesn’t want to pull an Eli and the teams don’t want to make it public. The Jets may take another player they have rated after Wilson or maybe they like another QB. Do you think the Niners made that trade with Miami at 3 knowing we were taking Wilson if they are so high on Wilson? Wilson and his family want him to play for the Niners. I am not saying that this is going to happen but it’s not out of the realm of possibility. 

Dude, we just traded Sam Darnold

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, genot said:

If it's obvious how can you say it's not going to happen?

There seems to be no wavering at all.  Other than people on JN - the fact that the Jets are taking ZW is widely known and it has been that way for quite some time.

4 hours ago, genot said:

Chase is what we drafted Mims to be. Pitts is taller, bigger, and much more versatile than Chase. If we didn't have Mims, then Chase would make a lot more sense.

Chase is better than Mims.  Pitt is not a wide receiver, he is a TE.  He looks like beast for sure but in case you forgot here is a little something to remind you that Chase is the best receiver in this draft period.  If he played in 2020 we probably wouldn't be having this conversation.   I don't think you can go wrong with either but if I want a receiver, I'm taking Chase. 

4.3 speed, explosive leaping ability, best hands in the draft, tremendous route running, excellent YaC

2 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Laugh all you want.   Chase is legit and the best pass catching prospect in this draft. 

Yes, he's legit. Like i said though, he would be what we're hoping Mims will be.if we didn't have Mims, i would love Chase here. And i wasn't laughing at you. MJ was.?

• Haha 1