Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 4/1/2021 at 3:42 PM, Philc1 said:

Tauchman on 3rd with one out and still they can’t score UGH

There are 3 Yankees who can actually hit good pitching and that's, DJ, Urshela, and Hicks no way this team wins a WS because they just can't manufacture runs to save their lives and they strike out at an alarming rate. Torres defense stinks and he's already cost us a game other than the fact he can't hit good pitching. 

Cashman once again is mesmerized by homerun hitters who can't do anything else but hit homeruns and strike out. We have a catcher who will once again hit near 200 and cant play behind the plate or handle a staff because he feasts on bad pitching. 

This team will get their wins they will get their homeruns and once they face a team with sloid pitching and contact hitters they will lose in the playoffs yet again because that Idiot Cashman has no F"ing clue how to build a team and he never will.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

There are 3 Yankees who can actually hit good pitching and that's, DJ, Urshela, and Hicks no way this team wins a WS because they just can't manufacture runs to save their lives and they strike out at an alarming rate. Torres defense stinks and he's already cost us a game other than the fact he can't hit good pitching. 

Cashman once again is mesmerized by homerun hitters who can't do anything else but hit homeruns and strike out. We have a catcher who will once again hit near 200 and cant play behind the plate or handle a staff because he feasts on bad pitching. 

This team will get their wins they will get their homeruns and once they face a team with sloid pitching and contact hitters they will lose in the playoffs yet again because that Idiot Cashman has no F"ing clue how to build a team and he never will.


we don’t score without the home run.  Cashman built a roster way too reliant on the hr

This rotation holy cow.  We let go of Tanaka and his replacement is Kluber?  Kluber’s fastball barely touches 90mph most of the posters on this messageboard could hit him.

 

They need to get rid of Kluber and call up Garcia.  Trade Judge while he still has value maybe we can get a young pitching prospect.  This season could start to get ugly soon

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I said before the season, this is the same FLAWED lineup and patchwork pitching staff from years past. We also have the worst defensive infield in baseball. 

Cashman absolutely HAS TO consider trading some good parts from this team in order to have a more COMPLETE team. This current roster will be one and done in the playoffs - like always.

Gleyber can be on the trade block, ditto Luke Voit. If anyone is willing to take Stanton, he is also available. Frazier, who I like, can be on the block too. Same for Judge. 

Do whatever is necessary to get Whitt Merifield, a competent catcher (or let Higgy start) and a real shortstop. Start anyone over Hicks. 

This team is SO CLOSE to be a great team but Cashman is failing to cross the finish line by making some key moves. 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2021 at 8:45 AM, Philc1 said:

The problem with paying Lemaheiu that huge contract was Gleyber is actually way better at 2nd.  
 

And now you can’t just move LeMaheiu to 3rd and shift Gleyber to 2nd because we have two good 3rd Basemen Urshela and Andujar 

There's a log jam/square pegs with round holes in this infield.

Guys have to be traded and proper pieces have to be brought in. Period. End of story. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Barton said:

Like I said before the season, this is the same FLAWED lineup and patchwork pitching staff from years past. We also have the worst defensive infield in baseball. 

Cashman absolutely HAS TO consider trading some good parts from this team in order to have a more COMPLETE team. This current roster will be one and done in the playoffs - like always.

Gleyber can be on the trade block, ditto Luke Voit. If anyone is willing to take Stanton, he is also available. Frazier, who I like, can be on the block too. Same for Judge. 

Do whatever is necessary to get Whitt Merifield, a competent catcher (or let Higgy start) and a real shortstop. Start anyone over Hicks. 

This team is SO CLOSE to be a great team but Cashman is failing to cross the finish line by making some key moves. 

 

Cashman has been doing the same bs forever.  Everything is about the long ball.  Everything 

 

Urshela’s error got in German’s head he wasn’t the same after that 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2021 at 3:05 PM, JustEndTheSuffering said:

This team never gets a clutch hit either. Lates 90s/early 2000s teams always seemed to get a big hit when they needed it. These guys absolutely collapse in big spots except maybe DJ and Gio. 

It’s every game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2021 at 3:17 PM, Matt39 said:

What a gigantic bunch of pussies this team is.

That is all.

Of course they are. Look who the manager is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I still hate the thought of Torres at SS. Legit would be one of the better 2B in the game. Should have kept him there, let him bulk up and he would be a 40 home run guy with a decent glove and strong arm. He will always be a liability defensively at SS and he is going to hit less there.

DJ at 1B. Voit traded and get a solid SS.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I still hate the thought of Torres at SS. Legit would be one of the better 2B in the game. Should have kept him there, let him bulk up and he would be a 40 home run guy with a decent glove and strong arm. He will always be a liability defensively at SS and he is going to hit less there.

DJ at 1B. Voit traded and get a solid SS.

He is an excellent 2B. 

I agree, get DJ at 1st, improve the defense at multiple positions.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Maxman said:

I still hate the thought of Torres at SS. Legit would be one of the better 2B in the game. Should have kept him there, let him bulk up and he would be a 40 home run guy with a decent glove and strong arm. He will always be a liability defensively at SS and he is going to hit less there.

DJ at 1B. Voit traded and get a solid SS.

Cashman should have done this in the offseason. The guy has ZERO foresight. Same reason why the starting pitching is always a weakness on this team. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Our starting pitching this year sucks

 

Kluber deserves to be cut

I'd give Kluber some more time to figure things out.

Now Jay Bruce? My God. How is he better than Mike Ford exactly??

Aaron Hicks - bench player. Good as a righty bat, and TERRIBLE as a lefty. His splits done lie.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2021 at 7:08 PM, undertow said:

Yankees are the same team they were 4 years ago....until they realize homer ball and bullpen ball doesn't win World Series I'm not paying attention anymore.

4 years ago they were a young, exciting team that was a game away from the World Series against a team that knew what pitches were coming. We won't get close to that this season.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Barton said:

I'd give Kluber some more time to figure things out.

Now Jay Bruce? My God. How is he better than Mike Ford exactly??

Aaron Hicks - bench player. Good as a righty bat, and TERRIBLE as a lefty. His splits done lie.

Initially I liked the Bruce signing, I figured that's not a bad guy to have playing first every once in a while. Veteran presence. Watching him every day has been UNBEARABLE. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Barton said:

I'd give Kluber some more time to figure things out.

Now Jay Bruce? My God. How is he better than Mike Ford exactly??

Aaron Hicks - bench player. Good as a righty bat, and TERRIBLE as a lefty. His splits done lie.

Jay Bruce is hot ass garbage.  Kluber is DUN

 

the only hope is we are about .500 by the time Voit, Severino come back in July.  Cashman has done everything to wreck the starting rotation and load up the lineup with guys who constantly hit into double plays

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...