2021 New York Yankees

On 7/30/2021 at 8:16 AM, chirorob said:

Dodgers going all in for Scherzer

Not only did they get Sherzer but they also got Trea Turner .

So the dumb ass Yankees who desperatly need a hitter who can make contact get on base and hit for avg and could have also used a starting pitcher get Rizzo and Gallo..... HR or Strike out or Bust says Brian Idiot Cashman .

It just keeps getting worse this team is loaded with players who feast on garbage pitching but can't hit their way out of a paper bag when facing decent to great pitching. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Not only did they get Sherzer but they also got Trea Turner .

So the dumb ass Yankees who desperatly need a hitter who can make contact get on base and hit for avg and could have also used a starting pitcher get Rizzo and Gallo..... HR or Strike out or Bust says Brian Idiot Cashman .

It just keeps getting worse this team is loaded with players who feast on garbage pitching but can't hit their way out of a paper bag when facing decent to great pitching. 

Yankees in playoffs

9 innings.  1 run. 4 hits.  14ks

• Upvote 2

On 7/31/2021 at 9:03 PM, joewilly12 said:

Cashman trades saving Boones job this season. 

not sure exactly what you mean by this .... are you saying Idiot Cashman's trades are so bad it makes Boone look like he has no chance ? Or are you saying the team is playing good because of Idiot Cashman's trades and that's saving Boones job ?

Either way this line up is terrible as is the defense too many players that do the same thing the league figured out how to pitch these guys and they can't adapt because they are crappy hitters. This is not Boones fault this is just a very poorly built team

Do Yankees fans really think trading for two more home run hitters makes them a legitimate contender?  I swear I don't get the Cashman obsession or why he's still here the guy has won one series in over 20 years because he had a ridiculous payroll and paid Sabathia and Texeria...ever since then he's become a pseudo intellectual analytics guy who's run the team in the dumbest way possible.  I honestly just think the Steinbrenner kids don't really care about winning they are just comfortable with him and with no pressure from the media or fanbase he's basically got a job for life.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Rizzo and Gallo may bring some life back into this Yankees team. 

I never thought id see a day when Yankees fans settle for this....if the goal is bringing some life into this team squeezing into the playoffs and getting swept cool great trades.  We now act like Mets and Jets fans. lol

3 minutes ago, undertow said:

I never thought id see a day when Yankees fans settle for this....if the goal is bringing some life into this team squeezing into the playoffs and getting swept cool great trades.  We now act like Mets and Jets fans. lol

Im not settling for anything.  

• Upvote 1

On 8/2/2021 at 11:37 AM, undertow said:

I don't think this is fair.  They try to win.  If they fail, fine.  I also question the moves being made, but rip the moves.  Rizzo seems to be paying off so far, no?  There is a long way to go and they weren't so far off to begin with, no matter what the sky is falling brigade thinks.  I think the main issue is that they are a home run hitting team when they deadened the ball.  If they decide to liven the ball up in the 2nd half, they may look like geniuses. 

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Im not settling for anything.  

I full support this statement.  I find the Yankees tough to root for since the 70's.  They spend so much, they should be favorites every year.  I don't see any reason to turn on them just because they are not.  It's sort of like the 2021 Nets.  Mistakes have been (and are) being made with how this team is constructed.  I just don't feel like sitting around complaining about it, though I kind of agree.

13 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't think this is fair.  They try to win.  If they fail, fine.  I also question the moves being made, but rip the moves.  Rizzo seems to be paying off so far, no?  There is a long way to go and they weren't so far off to being with, not matter what the sky is falling brigade thinks.  I think the main issue is that they are a home run hitting team when they deadened the ball.  If they decide to liven the ball up in the 2nd half, they may look like geniuses. 

I'm not part of the sky is falling brigade the philosophy Cashman believes in doesn't win championships so the end result will always be the same...I'm actually the opposite I understand until Cashman is gone the results will always be the same I actually have very little emotions when It comes to the Yankees...kinda like the last year Adam Gase was coach of the Jets.  I'm actually more annoyed with the fanbase who lived through the 90's that forgot what wins championships and continues to support this regime. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, undertow said:

I'm not part of the sky is falling brigade the philosophy Cashman believes in doesn't win championships so the end result will always be the same...I'm actually the opposite I understand until Cashman is gone the results will always be the same I actually have very little emotions when It comes to the Yankees...kinda like the last year Adam Gase was coach of the Jets.  I'm actually more annoyed with the fanbase who lived through the 90's that forgot what wins championships and continues to support this regime. 

So, you're annoyed with me?  Good!  Mission accomplished!  ;)

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't think this is fair.  They try to win.  If they fail, fine.  I also question the moves being made, but rip the moves.  Rizzo seems to be paying off so far, no?  There is a long way to go and they weren't so far off to being with, not matter what the sky is falling brigade thinks.  I think the main issue is that they are a home run hitting team when they deadened the ball.  If they decide to liven the ball up in the 2nd half, they may look like geniuses. 

You make good points and I'm 100% a Yankee fan through and through but this team needed guys who could hit for average to get on base for those so called Homerun hitters and they let the Dodgers boost their lineup with exactly that in Trea Turner not to mention also signing Sherzer. I like Rizzo and Gallo as players but right now they are simply not the right fit for what this team needed. The Yankees simply do not have the lineup to hit top notch playoff pitching and that much has been evident. 

The Yankees have the money no doubt, so why every single year at the all star break does someone else out bid or out trade us ?...It started with Houston and Verlander and Cole Then letting a known Yankee Killer in Morton go to Tampa. 

Every move most of the playoff contenders in the American league made at the All Star Break in the last 5 years was designed to do one thing, Beat the Yankees, and every single time they succeeded. This is a team that can only hit bad pitching so they will get their wins. Even if they somehow sneak into the playoffs this year due to the additions of Rizzo and Gallo do you expect anyone in this line up to hit the Jays or Red Sox or Houston's pitching staff  or even the white Sox who are now getting healthy when we are 27th in the majors in scoring runs ? The metrics are out there how to pitch this team and they can't adapt.

This falls solely on the back of Cashman who built this team with the same guys across the board while getting rid of a great fielding clutch hitting DiDi Gregorious and playing Torrez completely out of his league at SS and its probably affecting his hitting as well. The list of Mistakes Cashman has made is long and when he fixes one problem thats obvious he creates another that's obvious. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, undertow said:

Do Yankees fans really think trading for two more home run hitters makes them a legitimate contender?  I swear I don't get the Cashman obsession or why he's still here the guy has won one series in over 20 years because he had a ridiculous payroll and paid Sabathia and Texeria...ever since then he's become a pseudo intellectual analytics guy who's run the team in the dumbest way possible.  I honestly just think the Steinbrenner kids don't really care about winning they are just comfortable with him and with no pressure from the media or fanbase he's basically got a job for life.

I hope not but Im starting to feel that way as well

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Rizzo and Gallo may bring some life back into this Yankees team. 

Here's the problem what does a manager actually have to do with this Yankee team ? They are basically a Homerun or bust type of team. All Boone has to do is bring in pitchers in obvious situations. They can't play small ball, they are not contact hitters to call a lot of hit and runs they don't steal bases and they can't play defense. What is it you expect from Boone ?

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

You make good points and I'm 100% a Yankee fan through and through but this team needed guys who could hit for average to get on base for those so called Homerun hitters and they let the Dodgers boost their lineup with exactly that in Trea Turner not to mention also signing Sherzer. I like Rizzo and Gallo as players but right now they are simply not the right fit for what this team needed. The Yankees simply do not have the lineup to hit top notch playoff pitching and that much has been evident. 

The Yankees have the money no doubt, so why every single year at the all star break does someone else out bid or out trade us ?...It started with Houston and Verlander and Cole Then letting a known Yankee Killer in Morton go to Tampa. 

Every move most of the playoff contenders in the American league made at the All Star Break in the last 5 years was designed to do one thing, Beat the Yankees, and every single time they succeeded. This is a team that can only hit bad pitching so they will get their wins. Even if they somehow sneak into the playoffs this year due to the additions of Rizzo and Gallo do you expect anyone in this line up to hit the Jays or Red Sox or Houston's pitching staff  or even the white Sox who are now getting healthy when we are 27th in the majors in scoring runs ? The metrics are out there how to pitch this team and they can't adapt.

This falls solely on the back of Cashman who built this team with the same guys across the board while getting rid of a great fielding clutch hitting DiDi Gregorious and playing Torrez completely out of his league at SS and its probably affecting his hitting as well. The list of Mistakes Cashman has made is long and when he fixes one problem thats obvious he creates another that's obvious. 

Cashman fell in love with all his prospects for a few years and rather then getting top pitching he settled trading for lesser pitchers who were either cheap or under control for multiple years.  The funny thing is the best prospect out of the bunch looks like James Kaprielian who they traded for Grey.    I was also in favor of bringing back Eovaldi who basically won the Sox's and championship.  The pitching decisions have been horrendous but hey at least we had 5 closers for a few years.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Here's the problem what does a manager actually have to do with this Yankee team ? They are basically a Homerun or bust type of team. All Boone has to do is bring in pitchers in obvious situations. They can't play small ball, they are not contact hitters to call a lot of hit and runs they don't steal bases and they can't play defense. What is it you expect from Boone ?

Thats just it Boone has made some really bad pitching decisions. 

He sits back no emotion no energy and lets it all play out. 

Occasionally he gets fired up. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Thats just it Boone has made some really bad pitching decisions. 

He sits back no emotion no energy and lets it all play out. 

Occasionally he gets fired up. 

You are more concerned with optics then you are with what the actual problems are.  It's not 1986 they aren't hiring Billy Martin these GMs hire yes men and give them a binder they manage off of.   I'm not even a Boone guy but there's no differnce between Girardi, Boone, or the next guy they hire.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, undertow said:

You are more concerned with optics then you are with what the actual problems are.  It's not 1986 they aren't hiring Billy Martin these GMs hire yes men and give them a binder they manage off of.   I'm not even a Boone guy but there's no differnce between Girardi, Boone, or the next guy they hire.

Thats your opinion. 

Boone inherited a good team and has done nothing with it. 

Its excuse after excuse. 

Boone nice guy and all that. 

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Thats your opinion. 

Its excuse after excuse. 

Boone has been the manager of the team 2 years but it's not the GMs fault whos been here over 20?  Because why you like home run hitters?

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Thats your opinion. 

Its excuse after excuse. 

Boone inherited a good team, a team that was out played, out pitched and out hit by superior teams in the playoffs. 

Gary Sanchez .200 Hitter Terrible behind the plate terrible at handling pitchers.

Gleyber Torres .240 Hitter Terrible shortstop with no range (should be at second) 

Frazier .200 Hitter misjudges balls in the outfield when hes not slowing down to make diving catches

Stanton .200 Hitter Strike out or Home run guy always always injured

Gallo .200 lifetime Hitter HR or Strike out Will draw walks which is okay 

Odor lol

Voit another injury waiting to happen seems to have changed his swing not as much of an oppo hitter he used to be hurt his avg

Gardner 39 years old young outfielders can't seem to keep him out of the lineup

DJ, Judge, Urshela are the only players in this lineup who can be relied on to get a clutch hit and while its a shame teams refuse to pitch to DJ and its hurting him plus DJ is NOT a leadoff hitter since this team has not had a true leadoff hitter other than maybe Granderson in a long time.

• Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I full support this statement.  I find the Yankees tough to root for since the 70's.  They spend so much, they should be favorites every year.  I don't see any reason to turn on them just because they are not.  It's sort of like the 2021 Nets.  Mistakes have been (and are) being made with how this team is constructed.  I just don't feel like sitting around complaining about it, though I kind of agree.

Yet the Dodgers spend a gazillion dollars and no one says a word. 

I don’t love the makeup of this team. I wasn’t crazy about Gallo but he is a couple of things. 

1) Left handed power power guy

2) won a Gold Glove last year

I have always liked Rizzo. To me that was a great pickup. 

plus the fact that both the Rangers and Cubs are picking up the tabs on both for the rest of the season…

Nice job. 

They still look like a beer league softball team but you roll the dice

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

How much longer is Boone going to leave Heaney in 4 solo HR's 

Haeney has stunk his entire career he's a sub .500 pitcher with an era over 5 yet here he is yet another stunning pick up by Cashman. If we needed a starter for a few starts why not give one of our kids a chance ? 

• 2 weeks later...

The trade deadline deals show that Cashman knows his job is on the line. The results have been good but it is frustrating that Cashman felt comfortable going into the season with so many right handed bats.

The Yankees of late though are a lot more fun to watch. They are starting to show some heart.

On 8/2/2021 at 2:34 PM, Smashmouth said:

Gary Sanchez .200 Hitter Terrible behind the plate terrible at handling pitchers.

Gleyber Torres .240 Hitter Terrible shortstop with no range (should be at second) 

Frazier .200 Hitter misjudges balls in the outfield when hes not slowing down to make diving catches

Stanton .200 Hitter Strike out or Home run guy always always injured

Gallo .200 lifetime Hitter HR or Strike out Will draw walks which is okay 

Odor lol

Voit another injury waiting to happen seems to have changed his swing not as much of an oppo hitter he used to be hurt his avg

Gardner 39 years old young outfielders can't seem to keep him out of the lineup

DJ, Judge, Urshela are the only players in this lineup who can be relied on to get a clutch hit and while its a shame teams refuse to pitch to DJ and its hurting him plus DJ is NOT a leadoff hitter since this team has not had a true leadoff hitter other than maybe Granderson in a long time.

You guys and the Gary hatred still

2 hours ago, Albaniajet said:

You guys and the Gary hatred still

Its not hatred I wish the guy would learn to catch, block balls in the dirt like his back up, and hit for a higher average than .200 but I guess that's too much to ask.

I know I was critical of the Gallo/Rizzo trades but I saw Gallo do something the other day I have never seen from a Yankee in the last 5 years he actually bunted for a base hit against the infield shift and got on base when it was needed. Amazing