2021 New York Yankees

The Yankees lose because they can't hit .... Period. The pitching staff did well all season. Until this team cuts ties with Crappy hitters like Odor, Sanchez,  (Both also can't play defense) Torres . Gallo and Rizzo provided a small spark but these guys cant hit either I mean Gallo at least provides some walks and Gold Glove defense but we need some guys who can hit for average sorry but .200 avg players who hit Home run or Strike out will never ever beat playoff pitching and that much has been evident for the past 6+years so what do the Yankees and Idiot Cashman do ?? They dump all the guys who can hit like Gregorius in Favor of flash in the pan types like Glyber Torres and you go from one of the better run scoring teams to the high 20's in scoring runs. If we somehow got past Boston no way in hell would we have even contended with Tampa Bay

8 hours ago, Albaniajet said:

Look on the bright side, ESPN’s baseball playoff ratings get to fall off a cliff

Been watching baseball for almost 60 years now and that was by far the worst broadcast I’ve ever seen. It made me long for Buck, which should say it all. Just horribly pathetic. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, section314 said:

Been watching baseball for almost 60 years now and that was by far the worst broadcast I’ve ever seen. It made me long for Buck, which should say it all. Just horribly pathetic. 

Just brutal. A rod is like suzyn waldman on steroids 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Honestly sick of this sh*t. 5 straight postseasons and 5 straight disappointments unless we can somehow turn this around. 

1 game playoff.

I think Cole is still hurt from that hamstring, he did not pitch the same after he came back.

• Upvote 1

so you want to fire Cashman? he has been there since 1995? and you missed the playoffs 4 times. been to 7 WS and won 5. 

why do people always think the grass is always greener on the other side. you can get somebody much, much worst.

i am a Mets fan so if you fire him go ahead, i will take him.

every year he has the best farm system even though he picks very late in each round. but im sure you can find someone better.

1 hour ago, doitny said:

so you want to fire Cashman? he has been there since 1995? and you missed the playoffs 4 times. been to 7 WS and won 5. 

why do people always think the grass is always greener on the other side. you can get somebody much, much worst.

every year he has the best farm system even though he picks very late in each round. but im sure you can find someone better.

Taking Cashman after/if the Yankees fire him would be the exact thing the Idiot Mets would do. Don't give Cashman credit for the team Gene Michael built . Cashman has the biggest payroll in baseball at his disposal and he has built a team that basically feasts off of the garbage of the AL and come playoff time sh*ts the bed over and over. What the Dodgers did at the break compared to what the Yankees did was a beat down on Cashman. This team needs Players who can make contact with the ball and hit for average mixed into this lineup. He needed left handed hitting and his answer was a left handed hitter in Gallo that batted UNDER .200 and almost broke the strikeout record (he was close) and a washed up Rizzo. Absolutely the worst moves they could have made. 

If you are a Met fan don't try to evaluate Cashman because quite frankly with his pay roll a moron could make the playoffs.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Taking Cashman after/if the Yankees fire him would be the exact thing the Idiot Mets would do. Don't give Cashman credit for the team Gene Michael built . Cashman has the biggest payroll in baseball at his disposal and he has built a team that basically feasts off of the garbage of the AL and come playoff time sh*ts the bed over and over. What the Dodgers did at the break compared to what the Yankees did was a beat down on Cashman. This team needs Players who can make contact with the ball and hit for average mixed into this lineup. He needed left handed hitting and his answer was a left handed hitter in Gallo that batted UNDER .200 and almost broke the strikeout record (he was close) and a washed up Rizzo. Absolutely the worst moves they could have made. 

If you are a Met fan don't try to evaluate Cashman because quite frankly with his pay roll a moron could make the playoffs.

can Morons draft like he does?

your right as a Met fan i dont know as much about the Yankees as you do, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out the GM as done a great job the last 20 years. 4 missed playoffs in that time. you as a Jet fan should appreciate that.

i dont know who he traded to get guys like Grandy and Chapman but he had the minor leaguers to pull it off. and this year many people were shocked he didnt give up any of the very top prospects to get Gallo and Rizzo. no matter what big name he trades for he never has to give up the best prospects for it.

i dont know if you realize this but NY isnt the greatest city in the world anymore. at least not to players. Scherzer turn NY down this summer. both Mets and Yankees. Verlander has done so in the past. its not like it use to be were you just threw money at them and they came. plus were not a good fan base. booing Cole last week after his 1st bad game here. Booing Lindor after 12 games, the whole middle finger with the Mets.... booing Zach in his 1st home game. 

and its not all on Cashman. you got to blame Hal too. he doesnt want to go over the cap threshold. he has turned Cashman down in the past. and he had to ok Gallo and Rizzo this summer. plus you got Judge who is going to get paid big money next year. your not going to have them money you think you do to spend. Hal wont let you.

cant wait to see the 1st FA the Yankees and Mets battle for. Cohen wont be outbid, not on the 1st one and he has much more payroll space than the Yankees. and Hal wont go over it. 

just to recap. Cashman drafts really well. not just the guys who make the team but the minor leaguers who are accepted in trades for Chapman, Grandy, A-rod, Stanton ..just to name a few. it always killed me to hear how after theses trades the Yankees still had one of the best farm systems in the league. every time a player is shopped around the Yankees come up, not because of money but because they have the farm system to give the other team the best players back.

yeah i will take him

1 hour ago, doitny said:

your right as a Met fan i dont know as much about the Yankees as you do, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out the GM as done a great job the last 20 years. 4 missed playoffs in that time. you as a Jet fan should appreciate that.

i dont know who he traded to get guys like Grandy and Chapman but he had the minor leaguers to pull it off. and this year many people were shocked he didnt give up any of the very top prospects to get Gallo and Rizzo. no matter what big name he trades for he never has to give up the best prospects for it.

i dont know if you realize this but NY isnt the greatest city in the world anymore. at least not to players. Scherzer turn NY down this summer. both Mets and Yankees. Verlander has done so in the past. its not like it use to be were you just threw money at them and they came. plus were not a good fan base. booing Cole last week after his 1st bad game here. Booing Lindor after 12 games, the whole middle finger with the Mets.... booing Zach in his 1st home game. 

and its not all on Cashman. you got to blame Hal too. he doesnt want to go over the cap threshold. he has turned Cashman down in the past. and he had to ok Gallo and Rizzo this summer. plus you got Judge who is going to get paid big money next year. your not going to have them money you think you do to spend. Hal wont let you.

cant wait to see the 1st FA the Yankees and Mets battle for. Cohen wont be outbid, not on the 1st one and he has much more payroll space than the Yankees. and Hal wont go over it. 

just to recap. Cashman drafts really well. not just the guys who make the team but the minor leaguers who are accepted in trades for Chapman, Grandy, A-rod, Stanton ..just to name a few. it always killed me to hear how after theses trades the Yankees still had one of the best farm systems in the league. every time a player is shopped around the Yankees come up, not because of money but because they have the farm system to give the other team the best players back.

yeah i will take him

Cashman became general manager in 1998, he was an intern in 1995 and then assistant to Bob Watson 96-98. The scouting system and scouting team the yankees have was built by stick Michael, not cashman. If it wasn’t for Steinbrenner being suspended from baseball in the early 90’s Mariano Rivera and Jeter would be Mariners, and Bernie Williams would have played for somebody else too. Stick Michael RIP (god bless him) is responsible for the way the Yankees still do everything.

the way they scout and draft won’t be affected by Cashman leaving. He just makes the final decision based on their recommendations. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

If you’re not 100% for a one game playoff don’t take the ball. 

Problem is we didn’t have better options.  That’s why we either need to bring Tanaka back or find a legit #2 starter 

Tanaka is on a 2-year deal in Japan maybe he has an opt out or we can just buy out his deal with that Japanese club 

15 hours ago, undertow said:

Yankees will be in the same position next year the rest of the division continues to get better and they refuse to fire Cashman.

There’s a really good chance they misd the playoffs next season.  We got lucky Stanton went on fire in September and we bulldozed the Red Sox and Jays in those final regular season series because we just barely made the playoffs this year

Cashman has to get rid of LeMaheiu and Hicks and bring in guys at those positions who have speed and steal bases

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, doitny said:

yeah i will take him

Gene Michael drafted the core of this current yankee team. (Judge, Sanchez) he also drafted the core of the previous regime (Jeter, Rivera, Petite, Posada)

Cashman is a mediocre GM blessed with a big payroll and Gene Michaels’ draft picks and  Michael is dead now 

11 hours ago, doitny said:

Well, they won 5 WS, but they won 4 with a team the Stick Michael built and Cashman inherited.

I could say since 2001 the Yankees have won 1 WS, despite having one of the highest, if not the highest payroll in the sport year over year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Albaniajet said:

There’s a really good chance they misd the playoffs next season.  We got lucky Stanton went on fire in September and we bulldozed the Red Sox and Jays in those final regular season series because we just barely made the playoffs this year

Cashman has to get rid of LeMaheiu and Hicks and bring in guys at those positions who have speed and steal bases

DJ has 5 years remaining on his contract, Hicks has 5, Stanton has 7.

My biggest issue with Cashman is the big contracts he has given out (or taken on in the case of Stanton)

4 hours ago, BP said:

Cashman became general manager in 1998, he was an intern in 1995 and then assistant to Bob Watson 96-98. The scouting system and scouting team the yankees have was built by stick Michael, not cashman. If it wasn’t for Steinbrenner being suspended from baseball in the early 90’s Mariano Rivera and Jeter would be Mariners, and Bernie Williams would have played for somebody else too. Stick Michael RIP (god bless him) is responsible for the way the Yankees still do everything.

the way they scout and draft won’t be affected by Cashman leaving. He just makes the final decision based on their recommendations. 

well then he makes some really good final decisions. 

so fire him then. he probably would never go to the Mets anyway. but he will go somewhere. 

he has made mistakes, no doubt about it, but his body of work over 20 years is really good. but it seams that most Yankee fans think anyone can do it. i guess you guys forgot what was it... 1980-94. not much winning there. now you all think its your birthright to win every year. try being a Mets fan..lol

if you fire Cashman that would be a interesting experiment. you could be right oe you could be going back to the 80s

6 hours ago, BP said:

Thank You

• Haha 1

It's amazing to me there's still people who think Cashman is a good GM.....the guy is responsible for 1 championship in 20 years and that title was bought by overpaying CC and Texeria.  The teams of the past 10 years are built the opposite of the Yankees dynasty in the 90's it's basically three run homer ball and that's about it.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, doitny said:

yeah i will take him

Name the home grown Yankees that Cashman has drafted besides Judge over the past 20 years that makes his drafting so impressive.  The Yankees do a good job of hyping their prospect so they can trade them for mediocre pitching and one dimensional hitters at the deadline I'll give them that but none of those prospects ever amount to much.

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, undertow said:

Name the home grown Yankees that Cashman has drafted besides Judge over the past 20 years that makes his drafting so impressive.  The Yankees do a good job of hyping their prospect so they can trade them for mediocre pitching and one dimensional hitters at the deadline I'll give them that but none of those prospects ever amount to much.

im not a Yankee fan and that would be a lot of research. ok np hes bad. 

funny how a GM does nothing when you dont like him..

Tanny haters say Mangini drafted all the good players....

JD haters say his 2020 draft was horrible....should Gase be responsible for that if Mangini gets the credit?

now Cashman did nothing special. sticks system is responsible for the drafts, and idiot can sign FAs and make the trades...

you could be right, im just going to sit back and watch. but were probably going to have to wait till next year. Cash has one more year left and Hal considers him Family.

6 minutes ago, doitny said:

im not a Yankee fan and that would be a lot of research. ok np hes bad. 

funny how a GM does nothing when you dont like him..

Tanny haters say Mangini drafted all the good players....

JD haters say his 2020 draft was horrible....should Gase be responsible for that if Mangini gets the credit?

now Cashman did nothing special. sticks system is responsible for the drafts, and idiot can sign FAs and make the trades...

you could be right, im just going to sit back and watch. but were probably going to have to wait till next year. Cash has one more year left and Hal considers him Family.

Yeah I get what your saying but I'm not a knee jerk reaction guy I'm going off a 20 year resume....Cashmans reputation was built off a period that he had almost nothing to do with and a payroll that's been tops in the league for 20 years....If he was the GM of a low payroll team like the Rays or Astros he would have been out of the league 15 years ago...those are the teams that have been impressively run over the part 20 years not the Yankees.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, undertow said:

Yeah I get what your saying but I'm not a knee jerk reaction guy I'm going off a 20 year resume....Cashmans reputation was built off a period that he had almost nothing to do with and a payroll that's been tops in the league for 20 years....If he was the GM of a low payroll team like the Rays or Astros he would have been out of the league 15 years ago...those are the teams that have been impressively run over the part 20 years not the Yankees.  

Eh.  I think that is one of the issues.  People want to "hold him accountable" but they have been trying to pull back the salaries.  I don't think he has gotten a normal big budget and been told to work within it.  In general, I think they let him spend on something shiny but then may cheap out later.  I don't hate him like many Yankee fans, but Stick Michael is the one most give credit for the run of success.  

12 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Eh.  I think that is one of the issues.  People want to "hold him accountable" but they have been trying to pull back the salaries.  I don't think he has gotten a normal big budget and been told to work within it.  In general, I think they let him spend on something shiny but then may cheap out later.  I don't hate him like many Yankee fans, but Stick Michael is the one most give credit for the run of success.  

Salary is the furthest thing from the problem with the Yankees.....spending more then the cap allows is just a way to win regardless of all the horrible decisions you have made in the past...like someone said in this thread earlier literally anyone can make the playoffs the way the Yankees do with they resources they have.....and people still complain about not spending enough money. lol

6 hours ago, doitny said:

well then he makes some really good final decisions. 

so fire him then. he probably would never go to the Mets anyway. but he will go somewhere. 

he has made mistakes, no doubt about it, but his body of work over 20 years is really good. but it seams that most Yankee fans think anyone can do it. i guess you guys forgot what was it... 1980-94. not much winning there. now you all think its your birthright to win every year. try being a Mets fan..lol

if you fire Cashman that would be a interesting experiment. you could be right oe you could be going back to the 80s

The Red Sox asked for permission to talk to stick Michael about their gm position years ago. The Yankees gave permission and stick micheal said he wasn’t interested ? so I wouldn’t be surprised if cashman does the same to the mets.

Cashman’s claim to fame was signing texierra (cost them Mike trout although who knows if the yanks draft trout} cc sabathia and aj Burnett. He continues to resign Gardner who I can’t stand. And the only draft pick has been judge. He did a great job of turning things around from 2016 to 2017 but let it get stagnant and didn’t build on it. The Yankees have needed left handed hitters for two years now. Joey Gallo sucks, rizzo is a stop gap who doesn’t deserve a ton of money.

my concern has been the yankee lineup filled with guys not having productive at bats (other than lamehui) for 2-3 years now. The Yankees scored just over 700 runs this year (pathetic) with their “vaunted offense”.The blue jays, and Red Sox and rays have scored well over 800 runs this year and all of these teams kill the Yankees with professional at bats. In comparison the 98 Yankees scored almost 1000 runs and they didn’t have a lot of baller home run hitters, just smart baseball players.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, BP said:

The Red Sox asked for permission to talk to stick Michael about their gm position years ago. The Yankees gave permission and stick micheal said he wasn’t interested ? so I wouldn’t be surprised if cashman does the same to the mets.

i know there no chance he comes to the Mets, i was just saying we would take him in a minute. you take your success for granted. i cant think of any team who wouldnt want to make the playoffs 16-20 years.

but there is a price for that success. 

22 minutes ago, doitny said:

i know there no chance he comes to the Mets, i was just saying we would take him in a minute. you take your success for granted. i cant think of any team who wouldnt want to make the playoffs 16-20 years.

but there is a price for that success. 

Take the Yankees success for granted? Please! I grew up watching the Horace Clark Yankees. and you’re comparing the Yankees to the Mets?  

the Yankees also sucked in the late 80’s early 90’s. I take nothing for granted. The dynasty and Mariano Rivera spoiled me and most Yankees fans. 

You sound bitter. 

8 minutes ago, BP said:

Take the Yankees success for granted? Please! I grew up watching the Horace Clark Yankees. and you’re comparing the Yankees to the Mets?  

the Yankees also sucked in the late 80’s early 90’s. I take nothing for granted. The dynasty and Mariano Rivera spoiled me and most Yankees fans. 

You sound bitter. 

your right you guys are spoiled. and thats the problem. for some reason it became against the law for the Yankees to miss the playoffs. so every year you have to put lipstick on a pig. you probably need to miss it  4-5 years to build up your homegrown talent like in the early 90s. but that wont be allowed to happen.

im not bitter. i will be laughing my ass off if you fire Cashman. i find it hard to believe he had nothing to do with all your success and that you can get anybody to replace him and you guys will be fine.