All 4 current CBS Mock Drafts have us taking a defensive player at #23

CBS Mock Picks for Jets at 23 (and the next Mocked Offensive Player)  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Of the 8 players listed, I would be happy if the Jets selected................ (choose all that apply)

• ASANTE SAMUEL JR. DB FSU
    • KWITY PAYE DL MICHIGAN
    • RONNIE PERKINS DE OKLAHOMA
    • JEREMIAH OWUSU-KORAMOAH LB NOTRE DAME 
    • KADARIUS TONEY WR FLORIDA 
    • LANDON DICKERSON OL ALABAMA
    • TRAVIS ETIENNE RB CLEMSON
    • LIAM EICHENBERG OL NOTRE DAME
  2. 2. If I could only SELECT ONE of the players listed, I would pick.................

• ASANTE SAMUEL JR. DB FSU
    • KWITY PAYE DL MICHIGAN
    • RONNIE PERKINS DE OKLAHOMA
    • JEREMIAH OWUSU-KORAMOAH LB NOTRE DAME 
    • KADARIUS TONEY WR FLORIDA 
    • LANDON DICKERSON OL ALABAMA
    • TRAVIS ETIENNE RB CLEMSON
    • LIAM EICHENBERG OL NOTRE DAME

I want offense and I think OL is the way to go. Vera-Tucker is the best case scenario. Of those listed I could get behind Dickerson as slotting him at C and moving McGovern to guard upgrades two IOL spots but wouldn't hate Eichenberg. Taking a RB is dumb but if we did it I'd be excited for Etienne or Harris (prefer Harris.) I don't think WR is a huge need at the moment unless there's a guy you're just in love with.

I wouldn't take defense but if Kwity Paye was there he'd make a lot of sense. If we're playing a 4-3 loading up on potential studs on the DL is a must. We're in a weird spot at CB as it now looks like Jaycee Horn will be long gone and we're dealing with the next wave of guys, like Greg Newsome or Asante Jr. Not an easy pick to get pumped for but what can you do.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Somebody will take him early.  I pray it's not us.

Other than the elite guys it feels like the sweet spot for WRs in this Draft is in the #40-60 range.  Would you agree with that?

I think the NFL’s view on Toney is....vastly different than “DraftTwitter”. He’s a gadget player who got like 7 balls Past five yards from the LOS. 

but it only takes one team. 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Taking Toney in round one would make selecting back to back Safeties look brilliant. 

he’s not who you think he is and I will die on this hill.... Day 3. 

I like Toney I just don't think he's head and shoulders above guys you can get at 66....the value for a WR after Waddle isn't there until round 3.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I think the NFL’s view on Toney is....vastly different than “DraftTwitter”. He’s a gadget player who got like 7 balls Past five yards from the LOS. 

Wasn't that Brandon Aiyuk in college as well?

Toney is a weapon with elite athleticism (now officially quantifiable after his pro day) and consistently makes people miss. 

If I remember correctly, @football guy or @Mogglez said JD was super high on Toney as well.

I'm getting concerned that Paradis is going to have this type of draft day:

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day (Classic Board  Books): Viorst, Judith, Cruz, Ray: 9781442498167: Amazon.com: Books

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Remind me, if they do go WR at #23, who is it that you'd prefer?

Interesting question - as the only other one I would consider a rnd 1 talent outside of Chase/Smith/Waddle is LSU's Terrace Marshall - who debately (if he develops completely) has the highest ceiling out of all 4. He can play all 3 positions at WR and is exactly the kind of WR *in theory* a shanny/LaFleur system values... Aiyuk++ 

But we dont' currently have a spot of him so that would very forward thinking of JD... Taking Rondale Moore is a better fit in round 2 as I agree it seems certain we'll go DB/PR at #23

(file the name Warren Jackson away for a raining day)

Why? you love Toney?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Wasn't that Brandon Aiyuk in college as well?

Toney is a weapon with elite athleticism (now officially quantifiable after his pro day) and consistently makes people miss. 

If I remember correctly, @football guy or @Mogglez said JD was super high on Toney as well.

I'm getting concerned that Paradis is going to have this type of draft day:

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day (Classic Board  Books): Viorst, Judith, Cruz, Ray: 9781442498167: Amazon.com: Books

No, Aiyuk was downfield often as well as LOS... he was more like D. Thomas (DEN) at GT... Toney is a gadget player. 

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Interesting question - as the only other one I would consider a rnd 1 talent outside of Chase/Smith/Waddle is LSU's Terrace Marshall - who debately (if he develops completely) has the highest ceiling out of all 4. He can play all 3 positions at WR and is exactly the kind of WR *in theory* a shanny/LaFleur system values... Aiyuk++ 

But we dont' currently have a spot of him so that would very forward thinking of JD... Taking Rondale Moore is a better fit in round 2 as I agree it seems certain we'll go DB/PR at #23

Why? you love Toney?

What do you think about Dyami Brown?

7 minutes ago, undertow said:

If Vera Tucker or Horn isn't there the best plan would be to trade back and collect extra picks....don't really see the value in picks 20-32.

Indeed. Vera Tucker and Horn would be easy picks if they were there. But otherwise there isn't a  whole lot of difference between picks 20-30 and 30-40. There will be a run on tackles at some stage which may allow the centers to drop? 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

Indeed. Vera Tucker and Horn would be easy picks if they were there. But otherwise there isn't a  whole lot of difference between picks 20-30 and 30-40. There will be a run on tackles at some stage which may allow the centers to drop? 

I guess you can pick the best edge but I'm not in love with any of them at that spot...I think you can get whatever center or guard you want at 34.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Not what I want.

But what I expect.

Those of us hoping to get QB, WR, RB AND O-Line.....it's probably not happening.

Most likely will be much closer to a 50/50 split, QB #2. CB/EDGE/LB #23, WR/O-Line(2nd Round), CB/EDGE/LB/S (Third Round), etc.

We have two third round picks so I truly hope we go offense with at least one of them.  I could see CB at 23, but 34 definitely needs to be OL and one of the third rounders should be as well imho.   Take a LB/CB with one 3rd round picks depending on the value on the board.   TE/RB/WR in round 4

14 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Man you are wound up this draft.  This might be the one that kills you.

Am I? ... yikes. I  thought i was quite timid. lol... i mean, the last 2 weeks i had a lot of time off to post and such, but i'm pretty whatever about what we do, trying to trust JD and Saleh... but like everyone on here, the QB/#2 discussion as been a time vacuum. 

Also, yes. I might not survive this one.

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, undertow said:

What do you think about Dyami Brown?

you were kidding right.... right?

@jetstream23 about your question sweet spot #40-60... i'd say more like #60-100... i don't like any of the "popular" 2nd round talent. they're all slot/inside WRs... Just my assessment but there's Chase/Smith/Waddle/Marshall/R.Moore... and then its cliff... with some value picks in rounds 3-4 w/ E Moore, D. Eskridge, W. Jackson and a few others. 

Not a good year 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Why? you love Toney?

Was just curious is all.

I don't think I dislike Toney as much as some seem to.  

I like Amari Rodgers as a slightly later pick, but I think he'll go sooner than he is being mocked.

I don't think Davis/Mims/Crowder? is a terribly impressive unit.  I just hope we get them some help, I'm flexible on who.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

you were kidding right.... right?

@jetstream23 about your question sweet spot #40-60... i'd say more like #60-100... i don't like any of the "popular" 2nd round talent. they're all slot/inside WRs... I'm paying premium for that sh*t. Just my assessment but there's Chase/Smith/Waddle/Marshall/R.Moore... and then its cliff... like a canyon - with some value picks in rounds 3-4 w/ E Moore, D. Eskridge, W. Jackson and a few others. 

Not a good year after those blue chippers.

Oh I wasn't talking about at 23 was thinking 66 or 86.  Don't know much about the guy just watched Chris Simms talk about how he's the 4th or 5th receiver. 

15 minutes ago, undertow said:

No good? Lol I saw Chris Simms has him in his top 5....for whatever that's worth.

he's dead to me after that one. Dyami is the only WR i can say "i hate" this year and wouldn't draft him. He's got the worst hands... which is really too bad, because he's lethal getting off the LOS, and footwork is crafty as fck... but he has a horrible drop rate when covered. He relies entirely on getting 2-3 yards separation which will not happen in the NFL... He faced TWO NFL DBs  this year in Samuel Jr (FSU) and Melifonwu (Syracuse) and they both destroyed him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Paradis said:

He also hasn't dropped a ball since grade school.

I'm still pissed about Jalen Hurd.

1 hour ago, K_O_Brien said:

There is going to be disappointed Jets fans on here, and on social media, after our second pick. 

Unless Vera Tucker is available, there is a strong probability we take a defensive player. Douglas will back himself to find a guard and center in rounds 2-3. 

Nahhhhh plenty of good prospects to be had.  Good N Plenty

good.jpg

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Was just curious is all.

I like Amari Rodgers as a slightly later pick, but I think he'll go sooner than he is being mocked.

I don't think Davis/Mims/Crowder? is a terribly impressive unit.  I just hope we get them some help, I'm flexible on who.

Agreed. I'm not satiated by that group, although if i'm being honest, Keelan Cole >> Crowder... for me, I need us to finally have some one in the chamber. 

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

He also hasn't dropped a ball since grade school.

I'm still pissed about Jalen Hurd.

Please don't. 

And its easier to limit your drops when the QB is throwing the ball to you from 20 feet away. 

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

he's dead to me after that one. Dyami is the only WR i can say "i hate" this year and wouldn't draft him. He's got the worst hands... which is really too bad, because he's lethal at the LOS, and crafty as fck... but he has horrible drop rate when covered. He relies entirely have get 2-3 yards separation which will not happen in the NFL... Samuel Jr (FSU) and Melifonwu (Syracuse) destroyed him. 

Yikes that's not pretty.?

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Was just curious is all.

At a minimum this team needs to be thinking about Crowder’s replacement for 2022.

#66 feels like a good spot for WR, OL or Edge based on the mocks I’ve seen. 

No matter what they do with the second pic if they draft a quarterback, trade down and draft a quarterback or trade down keep Sam they have to take an offense of player with the 2nd and 23rd pic. There’s no way you could put a rookie quarterback on that office with no help or leave Sam on that all fence with no help. Picking a defense of player would be the dumbest move they could do. I voice text this while I was driving so I hope it makes sense.

15 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Agreed. I'm not satiated by that group, although if i'm being honest, Keelan Cole >> Crowder... for me, I need us to finally have some one in the chamber. 

I'm still thinking (presuming Wilson), something like this.  

21Draft.jpg.31765149ab1f23f3a6ce02809ca97577.jpg

Doesn't get an EDGE, can't really be helped, I value the Guard/WR more than an Edge at #23, but still tries to help LB/CB/S with some guys with upside and athleticism.

With Rodgers, I think Crowder would be gone (sadly, I do like Crowder), but Rodgers is much cheaper, and Davis/Marshall/Mims/Rodgers feels like an actual, presentable, NFL WR position group for the first time in a while, lol.  

Again, more the gist than anything, could keep Crowder and swap Rodgers for another O-lineman (fine with that), or snag a TE later if one is going to catch alot of balls at the NFL level (ok with that too).  But QB/O-line/WR/RB are musts, and I think this would be a pretty good haul.

(Disclaimer, yes, I know, PFN mock simulator is just a tool to try and sorta map this stuff out, I know the draft won't fall this way, it never does).

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, derp said:

I’ll be pretty surprised if the Jets make a pick at 23.

Agreed, if Douglas thinks the first round is top heavy I could see him dealing

out and picking up additional picks in the 2nd and 3rd round and maybe a future #1

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

I just don’t understand the plan.  An injury prone guy who put up stats facing small schools is going to take the NFL by storm with a crappy offensive line, average receivers and the rbs can only get positive yardage running on Becton

Injury concerns are totally valid.  I just think they look at Wilson and see Rodgers.  If they go QB, they better offense.