Falcons playing in London - could be Jets

morny

9 minutes ago, morny said:

Falcons have announced they’ll be playing a home game in London in 2021 (Covid permitting etc.....)

As we’re on their schedule, every chance we could be that game. 

I hope so, one in eight chance but you'd think they might not want to give up home advantage against a divisional rival so might narrow the odds, but then again Miami did for their game against the jets in london.

36 minutes ago, morny said:

Falcons have announced they’ll be playing a home game in London in 2021 (Covid permitting etc.....)

As we’re on their schedule, every chance we could be that game. 

1-17 chance, what is that .06 %?

17 minutes ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

Who wants to wake up at 8:30 on a Sunday to be disappointed by the Jets? 

Really hope this doesn't happen

On the other hand, you get it over with without wasting your Sunday.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

I was at the Jets Dolphins game at Wembley. Weird sitting with just general NFL fans, who didn’t care who won. They just wanted to see a live NFL game.

I was at that game too. Far too many Phish fans near me but, fortunately, there was a New Yorker in a Klecko jersey next to me (I was wearing Revis) and we had a lot of fun ripping those Phishies while the Jets annihilated Miami on the field. Good Times.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, ScouserJet said:

As a British Jets fan I really hope not.

London is a pain. I’d much rather jump a 7 hour flight to NJ with real fans, and a real atmosphere, then go to London with fans who are going for a day out, don’t care about the Jets or the other team but because NFL is “in” they’re suddenly interested.

Hella no, just release the schedule early so I can get my flights booked with an away day in week 1 to Miami/Carolina my preference. 

**** the UK games.

2 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

I was at the Jets Dolphins game at Wembley. Weird sitting with just general NFL fans, who didn’t care who won. They just wanted to see a live NFL game.

Also a UK Jet fan who was at that game and could not agree more.

The game itself was fantastic but the atmosphere and setting was arse. I only had one other Jet fan near me and we’d reach over people for a high 5 after a score but every one else around sat in silence seemingly confused.

Fingers crossed post-COVID I can get over to NJ for the real deal.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Nick Blitz said:

Also a UK Jet fan who was at that game and could not agree more.

The game itself was fantastic but the atmosphere and setting was arse. I only had one other Jet fan near me and we’d reach over people for a high 5 after a score but every one else around sat in silence seemingly confused.

Fingers crossed post-COVID I can get over to NJ for the real deal.

Same.

The London games are probably more enjoyable when your team isn't playing and you don't really give a sh*t. You can just have a good time. 

I'm really hoping to get over to the States for a game this year. Even if just to ridicule the Justin Fields guys as my boy Wilson soars.

• Upvote 4

51 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Same.

The London games are probably more enjoyable when your team isn't playing and you don't really give a sh*t. You can just have a good time. 

I'm really hoping to get over to the States for a game this year. Even if just to ridicule the Justin Fields guys as my boy Wilson soars.

I just think it’s a bit like a family day out and as a hardcore/passionate fan you’re realistically outnumbered 9/10, and it just is a lot of money to not REALLY enjoy it that much.

Ive seen the Jets lose at the meadowlands, and I’ve seen them win in London and there’s no doubt what I enjoyed more.

I know why they’re pushing London so hard, and it’s absolutely fantastic to see the growing, but it’s not the same.

I know a trip over to NY isn’t always the most feasible thing for British fans, but when you’re there you’re home. Wembley isn’t the same.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

I picture the London games as Seinfeldesque affairs. 

People whispering to each other “is there something wrong with the ball? It doesn’t seem round to me?”

Or.."that team in green and white, they appear less organized than other teams we have seen, special needs team perhaps?” 

• Haha 1

I was at that London game. Only time I have ever left a game early (left it with a couple of minutes to go because that fourth quarter was being dragged out out so damn long with unnecessary penalties and I had a flight back to catch). 

The atmosphere was weird, more like a preseason day out for fans of the other 30 NFL teams, than a proper division game, Throw in the fact that Patriot fans made up about 1/4 of the crowd, and their English fans make their M*sshole counterparts look like humble, decent human beings. 

London games suck. 

• Upvote 3