Would You Accept This Trade?

Would You Accept This Trade?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Accept This Trade?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/16/2021 at 06:44 PM

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You wake up one morning and you're Jets GM Joe Douglas. Before you can even have your morning beer your phone rings and it's Niners GM John Lynch. 

Lynch: "Good Morning Joe!"

You: "Uh, Good Morning?"

Lynch: "I know you've turned down our offers and want Wilson but I've got a best and final offer for that #2 overall pick. We'll give you #3, Bosa, AND our second round pick (#43)"

What's your answer?

Hell yes!!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Yes. But then I’d wake up from dreamland and we’d still be at 2. 

I don't think it would be in their interest to trade Bosa.  They have him cheap for this year, and in 2022 the 5th year option will be there which is still a bargain for the team.  Nearly $9 million already hit the cap for Bosa 2021 season (pro rata $5.6 mil signing bonus plus $3 mil roster bonus) and another $5.6 will hit the moment they trade him (remaining signing bonus)   I'm no expert so I'm probably missing some cap escape here, but it makes no sense to trade this beast upon 1st look and that's from a $$$ standpoint.  His value to the defense is way beyond that. He's staying in Santa Clara.

I think JD would be nuts to not accept this trade.  Just one thing though... 

I get the feeling that if we pass on him, with Jets history being what it is, this kid goes on to be next great 49er quarterback.  It just seems to be the perfect landing place for him.   This a team already pretty stacked and loaded with talent on both sides of the ball.  It just like fate that he should land with San Fran.   Then when I consider the Steve Young/BYU connection it makes even more sense.  Only thing standing in the way of this happening is JD.  

If we make that deal Fields better be the real deal or JD's day will be numbered. 

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

How is it a tough decision? Trey lance is a nobody  that should be a 2nd or 3 rd rounder

Trey Lance is a nobody? Are you serious?  Lol, a year ago he was considered 1C to TL 1A and Fields 1B.   Only difference is he sat out the season (just like Penei Sewell who so many want us to draft at 2).   Lance is far from a nobody and probably has the highest ceiling of any quarterback in this draft.    He reminds me of Josh Allen in ability only he put up much better numbers than Allen.  The issue with Lance is his lack of starts at the position so he will really need to sit perhaps for least a year before he is ready.  However, he could surprise and be ready ahead of schedule; either way, who ever drafts him will have one of the most talented players to come out in years. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I don't think it would be in their interest to trade Bosa.  They have him cheap for this year, and in 2022 the 5th year option will be there which is still a bargain for the team.  Nearly $9 million already hit the cap for Bosa 2021 season (pro rata $5.6 mil signing bonus plus $3 mil roster bonus) and another $5.6 will hit the moment they trade him (remaining signing bonus)   I'm no expert so I'm probably missing some cap escape here, but it makes no sense to trade this beast upon 1st look and that's from a $$$ standpoint.  His value to the defense is way beyond that. He's staying in Santa Clara.

Nobody is trading an elite edge rusher to move up one spot. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Trey Lance is a nobody? Are you serious?  Lol, a year ago he was considered 1C to TL 1A and Fields 1B.   Only difference is he sat out the season (just like Penei Sewell who so many want us to draft at 2).   Lance is far from a nobody and probably has the highest ceiling of any quarterback in this draft.    He reminds me of Josh Allen in ability only he put up much better numbers than Allen.  The issue with Lance is his lack of starts at the position so he will really need to sit perhaps for least a year before he is ready.  However, he could surprise and be ready ahead of schedule; either way, who ever drafts him will have one of the most talented players to come out in years. 

The dude came out of nowhere. He may have the highest ceiling but he has the biggest bust potential. He was not regarded like fields and trevor. 5 months ago, NOBODY had him pegged for the 3 rd overall. Dude has a TINY body of work lol didnt mean to set you off hope hes not your son or something