Pauline reports Jets interested in Teven Jenkins-OT

9 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Would he play right tackle or guard?

We mainly need good OL to shift around as need on the line. This kid could come in and be slid to RG next to Fant, or they could move Fant inside to RG and play Jenkis at RT. Either way we would be upgrading and building the OL which until we do this O will remain inconsistent no mater who plays at the QB/RB/WR/TE positions.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

There are about 5-6 legit OL talents that will go in the 23/34 range for JD to choose from. Jenkins is definitely one of them. It's also why I think the Jets will trade back from 23 to accumulate more picks because the OL available at 23 will likely be available if we move down a few spots (and if not a fairly comparable talent will be there waiting for us)

I could see this happening, but I think we have plenty of picks.

I think we need to come out of this draft with a minimum of 5 major contributors. I want impact players and would be hesitant to trade down and risk losing guys I am targeting. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

As they should. This guy has a really unique blend of size, athleticism, strength & footwork. He didn’t allow a single sack in 2019 but he’s a bit older at 25 yrs old.

Wikipedia says he was born in 1998, and is 23 years old.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teven_Jenkins

I know Wiki isn't the most reliable source, but 23 is a lot more appealing than 25 for a guy you might pick in the 1st round.

• Upvote 3

Just now, riggy001 said:

I would, we have no cbs on this team, one of those picks will be cb, book it

You're probably right, but I think our young CBs got a lot better as the season progressed and have more potential than people think. (even though I agree that we definitely need another CB). 

My priority list after QB is:

IOL

CB

TE/WR/RB (weapons)

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

As they should. This guy has a really unique blend of size, athleticism, strength & footwork. He didn’t allow a single sack in 2019 but he’s a bit older at 25 yrs old.

From Wikipedia:

Description

Teven Bradlee Jenkins is an American football offensive tackle who played for the Oklahoma State Cowboys. Wikipedia
Born: March 3, 1998 (age 23 years), Topeka, KS

DTB, JD
  • Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, doublel9 said:

From Wikipedia:

Description

Teven Bradlee Jenkins is an American football offensive tackle who played for the Oklahoma State Cowboys. Wikipedia
Born: March 3, 1998 (age 23 years), Topeka, KS

DTB, JD

11 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Good catch guys. Thought he was a bit older when I was watching him work out on Path To The Draft yesterday.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Excellent. 

So many good OL prospects in this draft. I personally wouldn't be shocked to see both 23 and 34 be used on OL. 

As much as we could use a speedy receiver or a CB, I would like to see Oline at 23 and 34.  We have to set up the next QB to succeed.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Bruce Harper said:

As much as we could use a speedy receiver or a CB, I would like to see Oline at 23 and 34.  We have to set up the next QB to succeed.

I wouldn’t be mad, but I want Rashod Bateman or Creed Humphrey at #23 if available. Those are my 1A & 1B for that spot.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I honestly wouldn't complain. You get Jenkins and Wyatt Davis (or someone like that) and you did really well. 

Suddenly you have a pretty talented young line. And you could still add another body in the later mid rounds. Also, I think Clark still has potential in year 2. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Hes 23 and would be our Right Tackle Long Term. Would be an absolute killer pick for us. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I honestly wouldn't complain. You get Jenkins and Wyatt Davis (or someone like that) and you did really well. 

Suddenly you have a pretty talented young line. And you could still add another body in the later mid rounds. Also, I think Clark still has potential in year 2. 

Clark is the big mystery.  If he plays (at guard) and is good that would be a HUGE and unexpected bonus.

• Upvote 3

Oh snap ..the OL all day everyday bois are out in full force today. I do think JD grabs one somewhere in the first three rounds but is not drafting OL at 23 and 34 like the fantasies of your wet dreams.  

We have a lot of needs and double dipping on interior line feels a bit excessive that early.