Pauline reports Jets interested in Teven Jenkins-OT

14 hours ago, Jethead said:

Me likey. Saw an interview with him on yesterday. He came off very well. Any chance he's still there at 34? 

No he’s a good Tackle he will go round 1, I could see Creed be available at 34. I could see the Jets also trade down from 23 also.

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

No other team in this league has utterly neglected the oline over the last 6 or 7 years than the Jets.

We have catching up to do.

We are going to draft a new QB, mere years after drafting a guy and letting him get his ass kicked.

How about if Douglas actually signs a CB and if our all world head coach / DC makes it work with the guys we have and later round picks this year.

Our oline sucks, it has to go from sucks to good not sucks to oh we can get by.

I have zero doubt the team will not use two of the 1st three on oline but if the right guys are there I will be happiest with oline at 23 and 34 more than any other scenario.

I am with this 100%. It would seem we have a 23 year old living example of why you need to get OL for a rookie QB EVEN if you overpay or overdraft. Despite playing OL, I get this uncomfortable feeling with Douglas that he values OL less than he should.

If you look at the successful Eagles and Ravens teams that tJD was a part of, they had good OL and they drafted them high.  My guess is he less likely to draft Gs high, but a good T he would take at 23 or 34.  A center like Creed will go before 34. 

14 minutes ago, varjet said:

If you look at the successful Eagles and Ravens teams that tJD was a part of, they had good OL and they drafted them high.  My guess is he less likely to draft Gs high, but a good T he would take at 23 or 34.  A center like Creed will go before 34. 

I agree on the tackles, we’re more likely to take one at 23 than a center.  Cb will wait till day 2.  Rb is more of a luxury pick on day 2 depending on what they get for darnold.

10 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

I agree on the tackles, we’re more likely to take one at 23 than a center.  Cb will wait till day 2.  Rb is more of a luxury pick on day 2 depending on what they get for darnold.

someone who can play G this year and RT next year would be a home run. 

On 4/3/2021 at 3:56 AM, BurnleyJet said:

No he’s a good Tackle he will go round 1, I could see Creed be available at 34. I could see the Jets also trade down from 23 also.

People thought Mims would go first rd too.   Players drop for many reasons.  With no combine this year and limited pro days, picking from a group that didnt all play in 2020, Id expect a lot of head scratching picks and more players unexpectedly falling than usual.