Texans may be preparing to trade Watson.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

anyone who thinks joe douglas is the type of guy that would take on watson at this stage...isnt following things closely.

Me reading this two months ago:   Me reading this today:

Posted Images

Why would the Jets want the headaches of bringing Watson here?  All of the accusations and all of the problems?  Even if the Jets got him at a discount, they still would have to pay this years #2 and next years 1st round pick, and other picks  at a minimum.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

To clarify, I have never been to an actual massage therapist in my life and there was never any pretense I was at the massage parlor for anything but a handjob.

Well that answers the happy ending portion of the Questionnaire lol

• Haha 3
10 minutes ago, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

Trade sam' 23 and 34 for Watson and call it a day, draft sewell, pity, chase, or Smith at 2 

Yes, please, what a dream.  But, trade two for > 23, 34 and Sam (lol) thus getting Watson for free!

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

To clarify, I have never been to an actual massage therapist in my life and there was never any pretense I was at the massage parlor for anything but a handjob.

The honesty and integrity of this man is just off the charts. 

• Haha 2
36 minutes ago, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

Trade sam' 23 and 34 for Watson and call it a day, draft sewell, pity, chase, or Smith at 2 

What a smart GM would do

They may want to trade him now, even at a 'discount'.  I cannot see any team in the NFL doing so until the whole issue is cleared up.  You would have to be a fabulously naive front office and owner to sign off on such a deal while this thing hangs over him.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
56 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

I think theres some really interesting stuff going on in the background on Deshaun Watson right now. 

2.  They have converted a few players contracts to SB to make room for something. Why?

3. The Dolphins trading to 6 virtually eliminates themselves from a Watson trade as no QB's are guaranteed to be there. If you look at the draft board we are the main team right now that acquire Watson. We Control the Top QB in the draft after Lawrence, we have multiple high picks and we could throw in Darnold. 

Thoughts. 

That SF and Miami trade happened very early for Draft Trades. Much earlier then the Goff/Wentz trades. These kind of trades usually happen after Pro Days. Sure outliers happen but the point I want to emphasize here is the next few weeks is the biggest time for draft trades. Why would Caserio who is so measured and frankly avoids the media go on Albert Breer and say those words about Watson? Because to me what he said screams "Call me" to other GM's. You pair that with these little moves they have been doing and something is up in Houston. Dumping teams don't push cap to the future. Very Strange. 

On the Jets side we really took our time in this whole process of evaluating QB's and holding onto Darnold. In that time its become apparent that Carolina may lose out on all the top QB's so I really don't think they are a trade spot. Miami also took themselves out of a top QB as well.

If the Texans want a top QB in this draft Deshaun might become available for a discount in the next few weeks due to whats going on with this civil situation. I would certainly keep on eye on this situation. Especially if we keep seeing these background moves by the Texans. The Jets have a chance of really lucking out due to being in the right place/right time here. 

The trade cost may have gone down, but the Jets would be better not to touch that situation with a 10 ft pole no matter what they get as a discount in a trade. He will certainly be suspended for a chunk of next year regardless of what facts come out since we know how Goodell is and just makes up his own mind as judge, jury and executioner. And even more of an issue than that is the circus it would get going around here especially with our NY media even if exhonerated, there have been 21 lawsuits and so many woman lined against Watson, like 3 times as many as Cuomo, which is astounding. That is not going away for like ever.

• Upvote 3
5 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

You’re probably right but you and I know who will...New England Patriots Smile GIF by NBC Sports Boston

The Pats released Antonio Brown when his sex allegation from his trainer came out..

brown-taylor.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&ss

• Upvote 2