Texans may be preparing to trade Watson.

8 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

I owned a agency that supplied adult entertainment true..B)

Its "an" agency and please PM me with a contact within said company. I have no real moral compass

Edit: I actually probably have the strongest moral compass of anyone I know. A better way to phrase it is I lack the part of my brain that that regulates inhibition 

40 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Should it really?  No.  That’s why when I was asked by a moderator to cut it out I listened.  Then I came back to 25 notifications, most of which were from him and it became difficult to sift through every other notification/quote I had in my inbox.  So I asked a moderator to take care of it, and was ignored.  Cool.  Whatever.  I’ll just go on my way and hope it stops.  I come back a SECOND time to ANOTHER 25 notifications and, once again, ask the moderator to please take care of it, and am basically told “Nah.  I don’t feel like doing that, someone else deal with it”?  You know what, yeah, it gets under my skin a little bit.

When you put a poster on ignore the board software should be configured to automatically prohibit that poster from voting on or quoting your posts.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Big_Slick said:

When you put a poster on ignore the board software should be configured to automatically prohibit that poster from voting on or quoting your posts.

Agreed.  I’d prefer there to be a block function, but it is what it is.  I’m moving on.  This thread has been derailed enough already and I apologize to anyone else annoyed by that.  I let the situation get under my skin and should have just tried to do an even better job of ignoring it.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

16 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

Its "an" agency and please PM me with a contact within said company. I have no real moral compass

Edit: I actually probably have the strongest moral compass of anyone I know. A better way to phrase it is I lack the part of my brain that that regulates inhibition 

Sorry been retired since 1994..B)

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Agreed.  I’d prefer there to be a block function, but it is what it is.  I’m moving on.  This thread has been derailed enough already and I apologize to anyone else annoyed by that.  I let the situation get under my skin and should have just tried to do an even better job of ignoring it.

Basically the same thing. I've had people troll me over the years. I'm not exactly likable at times, lol. As far as I know if you ignore them it's over and they're out of you life. I'm sure you won't miss him and his brilliant takes

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

Basically the same thing. I've had people troll me over the years. I'm not exactly likable at times, lol. As far as I know if you ignore them it's over and they're out of you life. I'm sure you won't miss him and his brilliant takes

But you can still see other people responding to the poster you have blocked..

14 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

But you can still see other people responding to the poster you have blocked..

I'm not sure how this works but he's way more of a child than me behaving this way and he cant screw up Mogz notifications anymore. Let him be a moron if he can't do any harm 

Edit: if we banned everyone we think is an idiot we would be reduced to a board where Crusher eats Tom Shane on PPV. We'd all be gone. I'm literally on my last strike getting Max to stay my execution as long as possible cause I love it here

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

I'm not sure how this works but he's way more of a child than me behaving this way and he cant screw up Mogz notifications anymore. Let him be a moron if he can't do any harm 

Edit: if we banned everyone we think is an idiot we would be reduced to a board where Crusher eats Tom Shane on PPV. We'd all be gone. I'm literally on my last strike getting Max to stay my execution as long as possible cause I love it here

Who wouldn't pay for that??:cheers:

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You are calling someone, anyone a troll?

LOL

giphy.gif

Im a Jet fan....theres no dispute there. I pay for season tickets. I think people know my loyalty. I happen to disagree with the current way ahead. Some how that makes me a troll? Sorry you disagree with dissent 

7 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Different era. Different sensibilities.

This is never going away. This isn’t Michael Vick either where you claim ignorance, find Jesus and become an animal rights advocate. 

I think he’s done. The mountain of evidence has confirmed what he did. No settlement will remove that from people’s minds. He absolutely abused these women. I think the criminal charges are coming and we may only have seen the tip of the iceberg.

The guy was basically running his own sexually abusive scheme and just moving onto the next victim. It’s not an isolated incident like most previous examples. It’s close to Vick and Sharper in terms of scale and severity, except it’s one thing to abuse animals and another to abuse women. 

He is screwed. We’re not exactly living in the most forgiving era either, for better or worse.

Agree it’s not a great look. 

if he’s not playing again does he settle with these folks. 

On 4/7/2021 at 6:37 AM, jetstream23 said:

It would’ve been a franchise altering disaster of epic proportions.

Imagine getting rid of Darnold, giving up the #2 draft pick, acquiring Watson and now watching him unlikely to play football again or anytime soon.

The Jets would be riding James Morgan into the season and have no draft picks to help him.

If ever there was a salient reminder why no player is worth giving up all that draft capital, it’s this...... the narrative that a QB alone can make all the difference is deeply flawed and that alone is one of the football reasons which on their own make a strong argument against putting all your eggs into one basket, but it was also clear as day this guy was not the saintly figure he’d been made out to be and while I certainly didn’t see this particular scandal coming there were enough indicators that Watson was potentially toxic.

having said all that Ray Lewis had a HOF career after his little ‘legal difficulties’ so I wouldn’t be surprised to see Watson resume his career at some stage and for many people to want to forget all about this and while Watson deserves to be given the courtesy of presumed innocence I personally am relieved we dodged this particular bullet.

and finally beyond our selfish reasons for taking an interest in this is the very personal tragedy for all those involved, the women who claim to have been assaulted and indeed Watson himself and his family....and let’s not forget the Houston Texans who are potentially lumbered with a disastrous problem going forward....in all seriousness, this isn’t a good situation for anyone and a very sad episode full stop.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, Savage69 said:

The fix is simple take away all those stupid up or down vote features if a poster continues to be a A-hole get rid of him.. If someone posts something really good Great post is a good reply.. The highlighted part of your post says it all take away the toys from the little boys.. 

agree, I’ve always thought the ‘thumbs down\ or ‘down vote’ icon is the most pathetic and childish thing on this message board(except when used as per @TomShane just now ?.....it serves no purpose whatsoever other than to illustrate that the ‘downvoter ’ is pretty damn immature....if you disagree with a post either post a response as constructively as possible or just ignore. The upvote is perfectly fine as are the other icons but get rid of ‘baby button’

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, SayNoToDMC said:

Does it really effect your life without you letting it? Just ignore it and laugh at him being an idiot stalking you. I'll downvote this post myself. Who cares? Let him be a moron. You waste time thinking about it and he gets what he wants

Absolutely textbook usage of the ‘downvote’ thingy right here gentlemen!...Bravo....or as they say in France...HAT ? 

A new lawsuit alleging sexual assault and harassment against Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson was filed Wednesday, bringing the amount of lawsuits against Watson back up to 22 after one plaintiff had previously dropped her case.

Erica Chapman, a freelance makeup artist who is identified by name in her suit, alleges she was asked for a massage by Watson in September and November of 2020 despite Chapman making it clear she was not a licensed massage therapist. During a massage session, Chapman alleges Watson assaulted and harassed her by exposing himself, touching her with his genitals and groping her.

"The Buzbee Law Firm filed its 23rd case against Deshaun Watson for allegations of assault and harassment," a Wednesday statement issued by Tony Buzbee, who is representing all of the plaintiffs who have filed suits against Watson, and the Buzbee Law Firm read. "The woman in this newest case did not file as a 'Jane Doe.' Instead, she chose to name herself. The cases are now consolidated, without an official order, in one court. All women have voluntarily identified themselves. These brave women now feel emboldened and will not be intimidated. As said before many times, we are proud to represent these women to seek justice on their behalf and stand up for survivors everywhere. Time's up."

One of the now-23 women to have filed a civil lawsuit alleging sexual assault and misconduct against Watson dropped her suit prior to Chapman's filing.

"In light of privacy and security concerns, Plaintiff has decided not to pursue her case, for now," Buzbee, wrote in a notice of nonsuit submitted Tuesday night. "Plaintiff reserves the right to refile this case once such concerns are addressed."

The plaintiff alleged in her original petition filed March 22 that Watson assaulted and harassed her by exposing himself and touching her with his genitals during a massage appointment in Houston in July 2020.

As of Wednesday morning, 20 of the initial 21 civil lawsuits against Watson had been amended to include the names of the plaintiffs. All of the suits were initially filed on behalf of "Jane Doe."

A hearing was scheduled Wednesday for a special exception to the last plaintiff's original petition, but was canceled and rescheduled for Thursday.

Judges ruled Friday that 13 plaintiffs would have to reveal their names and a 14th was agreed upon. Prior to that, only two women had been publicly identified. Ashley Solis spoke out and Lauren Baxley had a letter she had written read aloud by a lawyer from Buzbee's firm, which represents all of the plaintiffs to file claims against Watson, during an April 6 news conference.

"We previously attempted to make available to defense counsel the names of the plaintiffs suing Deshaun Watson, and intended to do so in due course," Buzbee said in a statement Tuesday night. "We were concerned about the safety of these plaintiffs, and asked the Watson team to agree to a protective order where the identities could be used in litigation, but not broadcast to the world. The Watson team refused our offer of compromise, and instead insisted that we amend our petitions to name these women. It appears the Watson team thinks that if these courageous women are forced to identify themselves, they would slink away and not pursue this matter. Watson and his counsel badly miscalculated. Due to the bravery of Ashley Solis to come forward publicly, and despite the death threats she has experienced, these women are now emboldened.

"Today we are amending our petitions to disclose the names of the victims, even those not currently subject to any court order."

The Houston Police Department announced in a statement April 2 it had opened an investigation following a complaint being issued against Watson.

The NFL is currently investigating the allegations against Watson.

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Watson settling up with the masseuses, as Eisen and Florio had “heard” at the draft. Dolphins and Eagles supposedly going all in to trade for him.

Well "settling" is basically an admission of guilt and he should get at least a year suspension if not more. I hope a few of them balk and force him to trial.

• Upvote 2

Hush money, the way of the world.

No one  is trading for him this year unless they want to get eviscerated by their fans and media.

This guy is as toxic as kapernick right now.  That will change in time but no way anyone glosses this over unless, unless Houston gives him away on the ultra cheap.

• Upvote 1

Just now, johnnysd said:

Well "settling" is basically an admission of guilt and he should get at least a year suspension if not more. I hope a few of them balk and force him to trial.

The woman that Buzbee rolled out there a few weeks ago would have settled and disappeared for a measly $100k. Watson is already considered guilty. Scratching this check to Buzbee will be chicken-feed when Watson is winning AFC East titles for the laughing-to-the-bank Fishbags.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Watson settling up with the masseuses, as Eisen and Florio had “heard” at the draft. Dolphins and Eagles supposedly going all in to trade for him.

I don't think the Dolphins have the goods anymore to get him. I mean how badly would someone want SF's first next year? Should be in the 20's. 

Eagles on the otherhand line up perfect as hes in the NFC and likely have 3 first. Lions may not be interested but if Im Houston I would value their first rounder higher then anyone else. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Shockwave said:

I don't think the Dolphins have the goods anymore to get him. I mean how badly would someone want SF's first next year? Should be in the 20's. 

Eagles on the otherhand line up perfect as hes in the NFC and likely have 3 first. Lions may not be interested but if Im Houston I would value their first rounder higher then anyone else. 

Yeah, I mean are there any other teams out there with something like multiple 1st and 2nd round picks next year, and perhaps a trade-worthy player?

Pleasantly Surprised Wow GIF by MOODMAN