Texans may be preparing to trade Watson.

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Well "settling" is basically an admission of guilt and he should get at least a year suspension if not more. I hope a few of them balk and force him to trial.

It may be an admission of guilt to you and most others but in the eyes of the law, but with the way things are worded in what those women will have to sign prior to receiving any settlement, he will be making no such admission. He will be free to play barring any unforeseen extenuating circumstances. 

26 minutes ago, pointman said:

It may be an admission of guilt to you and most others but in the eyes of the law, but with the way things are worded in what those women will have to sign prior to receiving any settlement, he will be making no such admission. He will be free to play barring any unforeseen extenuating circumstances. 

He does not to be guilty in the NFL to get suspended. All that the NFL has to think is that he is more likely than not to have done these things.

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

He does not to be guilty in the NFL to get suspended. All that the NFL has to think is that he is more likely than not to have done these things.

According to who? The NFL can suspend a player, keep a member of a union, from earning money based on... their feelings? 

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The woman that Buzbee rolled out there a few weeks ago would have settled and disappeared for a measly $100k. Watson is already considered guilty. Scratching this check to Buzbee will be chicken-feed when Watson is winning AFC East titles for the laughing-to-the-bank Fishbags.

If youre innocent you dont settle without a fight.  

Dolphins gave up on Watson, they drafted and played this offseason to help Tua and will ride it out this year with him at QB

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, pointman said:

According to who? The NFL can suspend a player, keep a member of a union, from earning money based on... their feelings? 

This is weird. Has nothing to do with “feelings” the nfl has a money tree to protect. They players negotiated the commish’s right to levy punishment without legal precedent. Deflate gate covered this pretty well. Remember when he suspended Brady for 4 games? No law was broken.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

If youre innocent you dont settle without a fight.  

Dolphins gave up on Watson, they drafted and played this offseason to help Tua and will ride it out this year with him at QB

The settlement isn’t about proving his innocence. Nobody thinks he’s innocent, including him. And they’d throw Tua into the Gulf of Mexico if they have a shot at Watson. That’s ridiculous.

11 minutes ago, pointman said:

its true

Hunt was released by the Chiefs on November 30, 2018, after a videotape of him physically assaulting a woman and kicking her on the ground the previous February surfaced.[43] Hunt was never charged with any crime, as the incident was investigated as a misdemeanor assault and the victim failed to properly take her case to court.[44]

Hunt was signed by the Cleveland Browns on February 11, 2019.[45] Due to the pending investigation from the NFL into the assault allegations against him, Hunt was placed on the Commissioner’s Exempt list after signing his contract.[46] On March 15, 2019, the NFL announced that Hunt had been suspended without pay for the first eight games of the 2019 season for violating the league's personal conduct policy. He was eligible to participate in all off-season workouts and all preseason games.[47] Following the announcement, Hunt was added to the Browns' active roster. On August 29, 2019, Hunt underwent a sports hernia surgery.[48] He was placed on the reserve/suspended list on August 31, 2019.[49] As part of the terms of his suspension, he began practicing with the team again on October 21.[50]

Hunt was reinstated from suspension on November 4. 

now this is different as there was proof of what he did. there is no proof Watson has done anything. but there are other cases without proof that they got suspended, i just cant think of any right now. 

after Ray Rice the NFL took a hit for not giving him enough punishment. you can expect from todays world that the NFL will get a huge amount of bad press if they dont suspend Watson even though there is not any proof he did it. 

i think its wrong for your job to suspend you for something a court of law cant prove you did. but the NFL has done it

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The settlement isn’t about proving his innocence. Nobody thinks he’s innocent, including him. And they’d throw Tua into the Gulf of Mexico if they have a shot at Watson. That’s ridiculous.

A day after Flores sang Tua's praises and his confidence in him?  Not ridiculous.  

Watson is in a world of shlt and simply paying some of his victims off isnt going to make it all go away.  Plus Watson is getting suspended.  

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, doitny said:

its true

Hunt was released by the Chiefs on November 30, 2018, after a videotape of him physically assaulting a woman and kicking her on the ground the previous February surfaced.[43] Hunt was never charged with any crime, as the incident was investigated as a misdemeanor assault and the victim failed to properly take her case to court.[44]

Hunt was signed by the Cleveland Browns on February 11, 2019.[45] Due to the pending investigation from the NFL into the assault allegations against him, Hunt was placed on the Commissioner’s Exempt list after signing his contract.[46] On March 15, 2019, the NFL announced that Hunt had been suspended without pay for the first eight games of the 2019 season for violating the league's personal conduct policy. He was eligible to participate in all off-season workouts and all preseason games.[47] Following the announcement, Hunt was added to the Browns' active roster. On August 29, 2019, Hunt underwent a sports hernia surgery.[48] He was placed on the reserve/suspended list on August 31, 2019.[49] As part of the terms of his suspension, he began practicing with the team again on October 21.[50]

now this is different as there was proof of what he did. there is no proof Watson has done anything. but there are other cases without proof that they got suspended, i just cant think of any right now. 

after Ray Rice the NFL took a hit for not giving him enough punishment. you can expect from todays world that the NFL will get a huge amount of bad press if they dont suspend Watson even though there is not any proof he did it. 

i think its wrong for your job to suspend you for something a court of law cant prove you did. but the NFL has done it

Different. There is video of them knocking out women. 

15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

That's on the west coast of Florida why go that far when they could dump him in the Atlantic ocean?? B)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Also does this “humbling” experience (nicest term I can use) remove his leverage that he was going to hold the Texans hostage to?  Does he still say”I only want to be traded here and here”? If that’s the case, I’d first laugh in his face for 5!minutes straight.  Than I would tell him his options. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4

18 hours ago, section314 said:

The team we share the stadium with, for one.?

A very astute call.   Cases are being settled and Watson gets a 6 game suspension and plays 11 games in 2021 for the NY Football Giants or the Miami Dolphins.

I could also see Rodgers going to the Giants.  It would be what he's wife wants, what he wants and it would be good for the league to revive the Giants.

Miami and the Giants have the picks.   

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, pointman said:

No, it's an agreed upon burden of proof. Civil cases also have the "more likely than not" simple majority criteria for rulings. It is only in criminal cases where guilty is determined by a unanimous vote. All the NFL has to believe is that he is likely guilty and Goodell can put him on the exempt list. I am sure there is an appeal process, but to think Watson will not face stiff penalties for this if he settles is dubious.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Whats ridiculous is "they'd throw Tua into the Gulf of Mexico". The Atlantic is much closer and deeper.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, johnnysd said:

No, it's an agreed upon burden of proof. Civil cases also have the "more likely than not" simple majority criteria for rulings. It is only in criminal cases where guilty is determined by a unanimous vote. All the NFL has to believe is that he is likely guilty and Goodell can put him on the exempt list. I am sure there is an appeal process, but to think Watson will not face stiff penalties for this if he settles is dubious.

In this case stiff may not be the way to go.  Does Watson really need another excuse to get a message?

• Haha 2

On 5/11/2021 at 11:04 PM, doitny said:

its true

Great points - but now please tell me why Robert Kraft wasn't punished for perhaps similar behavior?

7 minutes ago, talonmm said:

Great points - but now please tell me why Robert Kraft wasn't punished for perhaps similar behavior?

Two very different things.

Kraft went to a place where the people understood what they was offering.  There was no coercion.

Quite a bit different with Watson. 

• Upvote 2

On 5/11/2021 at 11:12 PM, Jet Nut said:

A day after Flores sang Tua's praises and his confidence in him?  Not ridiculous.  

Watson is in a world of shlt and simply paying some of his victims off isnt going to make it all go away.  Plus Watson is getting suspended.  

I have to disagree with you on this, the Fins are set up perfectly for Watson. They don’t give a sh*t about Tua . Especially after several players  have made negative comments about him and their new draft pick Waddle said he would rather catch passes from Jones than Tua. Flores is the perfect coach for Watson and he will be able to avoid a lot of negative press especially in Miami were all the beat writers are former players and Unbearable dolphin homers. Plenty of draft capital as well. Hopefully he ends up elsewhere. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, talonmm said:

There is nothing similar to Watson's behavior and Kraft and it is also why Watson's behavior is so bad. He didn't want a happy ending (which is like super easy to find) he specifically wanted to coerce a masseuse that does not do that to do it. Watson was a sexual predator

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

I have to disagree with you on this, the Fins are set up perfectly for Watson. They don’t give a sh*t about Tua . Especially after several players  have made negative comments about him and their new draft pick Waddle said he would rather catch passes from Jones than Tua. Flores is the perfect coach for Watson and he will be able to avoid a lot of negative press especially in Miami were all the beat writers are former players and Unbearable dolphin homers. Plenty of draft capital as well. Hopefully he ends up elsewhere. 

I agree. Kind of feels like it's the most likely scenario at this point, unfortunately. 

When Watson settles, which based on how all of the public discourse between lawyers has abruptly stopped will be soon I'm sure, Watson will get a 4 game suspension just like Big Ben did when he was accused and settled. The Texans will then trade him to the Panthers, which is why they didn't go QB in the 1st round. They wanted to keep this door open. The owner is infatuated with the idea of Watson and acquiring Darnold isn't going to prevent them from trading for a top 5 QB in his prime. Darnold will get to start while Watson is suspended and then Darnold will be traded either during the season or after. No other team will be more aggressive then the Panthers in my opinion and they have the necessary young players on defense to pull off a trade.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, talonmm said:

He's an owner. A rich, older white guy who is part of the exclusive club of franchise owners. It's also why Snyder, Jerrah and other old icky people don't see any repercussions unless the league thinks it's going to affect the money printing operations.

In the case of Kraft, maybe a bunch of owners didn't want to see their "10% off hand job if you come in with a member" discount coupons be invalidated by pursuing it further. With Snyder, maybe they are still holding out for their CD copy of the cheerleader video. It goes on and on.

3 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Dont know that any coach would want to walk into a locker room and after singing the praises of a player, having addressed trust and confidence and then try to do an about face after dumping that player for a different player.  Also not so sure Ross would want the inherent problems bringing in Watson right now would go along with bringing him in

I live in SoFlo, I agree.  Everything is rosy with the Dolphins, they can and have done no wrong.  They're incredible homers who believe, 100%, that their shlt doesnt stink

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, talonmm said:

The difference between the DeShaun Watson and Robert Kraft cases is that Hunt's woman didn't contract beforehand to get kicked in the head by Hunt for a certain amount of money.

The accusers lawyer said today no settlements so either they were never considering it or the figure was too low. I am all for legalized prostitution and even consenting prostitution between adults regardless, but what Watson did is a whole other thing. I hope he burns to be honest.