Texans may be preparing to trade Watson.

On 4/8/2021 at 7:00 AM, redlichtie said:

agree, I’ve always thought the ‘thumbs down\ or ‘down vote’ icon is the most pathetic and childish thing on this message board(except when used as per @TomShane just now ?.....it serves no purpose whatsoever other than to illustrate that the ‘downvoter ’ is pretty damn immature....if you disagree with a post either post a response as constructively as possible or just ignore. The upvote is perfectly fine as are the other icons but get rid of ‘baby button’

I say we do away with the downvote button and replace it with a GFY button. I mean if we’re gonna get all emotional, let’s not hold back. This is after all, New York. What could be more fitting?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, undertow said:

There was Watson hysteria before the accusations lots of people were willing to give up anything.  I wanted him but there was a limit.

Yeah people acted like 3 first round picks was great value...I could understand the argument but there was no context. Houston had Watson in a terrible team and didn't do much better that us with better players. If you can get a bonafide franchise QB sure 3 firsts are a deal but when you need to build a team that is a price you can't pay or you get what Houston is . A terrible team with a disgruntled QB. Also that has a lot of baggage. I wanted to salvage darnold but glad we have Wilson and the other peices

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Albaniajet said:

Watson’s trade value is on the rebound

Goodell can’t suspend him without at least a criminal charge which isn’t happening and all the civil cases are in limbo until they eventually get settled if even that happens

I would not be shocked if we saw a last second Watson/Rodgers trade

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/07/26/ten-criminal-complaints-are-pending-against-deshaun-watson/

Texans want 5 high round picks plus starting caliber players. I would have absolutely given up 3 firsts over the next 3 years to get him prior to the accusations.

I'm excited for Zach but Watson is a legit top 5 QB in the league locked in to a dirt cheap deal once traded. Not to mention Miami is going to be the top suitor for his services now, how many draft picks would you have given up in 2004 to get Brady out of the division?

• Upvote 1