Texans may be preparing to trade Watson.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Over It Reaction GIF by Women's History Month

Texans have made almost enough cap space to trade Watson as well as pay high drafts that they may be acquiring.

They have pushed money into the future to make this happen. Literally no other reason to make this happen unless they were trading him or acquiring someone else with a large contract via trade. 

• Upvote 3

Seems to me like the Niners are the only potential trade partners at this point. If its true that they really wanted Wilson and couldn't get him but moved up anyway maybe its to angle for a Watson trade? They are in win now mode and rolling the dice with Watson and his 'situation' makes sense. Do we really think they moved up for Mac Jones?

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Watson is better than Sam, Fields and Wilson all on the field at the same time.

Do it.

Yes. If Watson is on the field, which is a question now.   The Jets are not touching Watson unless/until the legal issues resolve  and in a manner that permits him to continue his NFL career.  That isn't happening by April 29.  

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

His price has DRASTICALLY gone down with the sexual assault charges.  IF he can be had, he can be had for much less than what is believed.

Maybe it was Watson himself who put out the bogus claims!  He gets traded and then all the women drop their charges simultaneously.  Now THAT is a movie-of-the-week plot. 

Only you could make an argument that getting Watson at a discount would be a bad thing

1 hour ago, Jetsbb said:

Except Jets don't want Watson and will never trade for him before his "situation" is resolved.

The situation is getting resolved.  Now is exactly when you trade for him.  Wait another 6 months after Wilson busts and we are back to square one having to offer QW and 4 first round picks 

• Upvote 4

Guess is that Buzbee saying he won’t drop his alleged cache of evidence off with the cops, and with the accusers contractually tied to Buzbee, that changed the calculus for a lot of people, including the Ginger Enabler, whose favorite line in these situations is always how he can’t do too much to a player if they aren’t charged with an actual offense. 

***THE ABOVE IS NOT A DEFENSE OF WATSON OR WATSON’S ACTIONS***

Just now, T0mShane said:

Guess is that Buzbee saying he won’t drop his alleged cache of evidence off with the cops, and with the accusers contractually tied to Buzbee, that changed the calculus for a lot of people, including the Ginger Enabler, whose favorite line in these situations is always how he can’t do too much to a player if they aren’t charged with an actual offense. 

***THE ABOVE IS NOT A DEFENSE OF WATSON OR WATSON’S ACTIONS***

All this incredible evidence of Watson dryhumping air in front of women paid to give him a naked massage.  I’m amazed the police, FBI, DOJ and CIA haven’t followed up

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It will not be us. 

yep, agreed. 

The thing is, I never thought we were going to make a serious play for Watson, even before all of the allegations. I just don't think Douglas is the GM to make that kind of trade. If Tanny were here, Watson would be a Jet already and we'd all be trying to guess how many games he gets suspended for. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

yep, agreed. 

The thing is, I never thought we were going to make a serious play for Watson, even before all of the allegations. I just don't think Douglas is the GM to make that kind of trade. If Tanny were here, Watson would be a Jet already and we'd all be trying to guess how many games he gets suspended for. 

I would hope Douglas is the type of GM who would have traded for Watson (before the charges) but I’d imagine he’s pretty much a lock to be a Patriot soon. Caserio-Kraft-Goodell can make that happen fairly easily.

• Upvote 1

As if Houston couldn’t get any dumber.

Houston waiting and debating has completely lowered Watson’s trade value.

If you’re Houstin and you’re trading Watson, you would want one of the 1st three picks in this draft class to replenish the QB position.

Jax ain’t moving. They’re taking Trevor Lawrence.

SF now has no future 1sts to offer anymore due to their trade up.

Miami which was a suitor now is at 6, so that doesn’t really help Houston.

The only real suitor left are the Jets with pick #2 and they can low ball the sh*t out of Houston now.

I’m sure Carolina will offer up their future, but without a too draft pick to draft a QB, that’s going to be a rough sell.

I’d still call the Texans with an offer before the draft (#2 straight up?) 

The fact that NFL teams are still interested is enough for me. If he was truly some egregiously creepy guy, or ever got physical with any of these women, the league would know about it by now.

I don’t agree with his actions at all, but he’s a sure thing on the field

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I would hope Douglas is the type of GM who would have traded for Watson (before the charges) but I’d imagine he’s pretty much a lock to be a Patriot soon. Caserio-Kraft-Goodell can make that happen fairly easily.

I'd argue that Carolina or Miami might be more likely, but that would be very Jetsy. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

I don’t think the Jets can or will do it now. This is a behavioral management situation, so Goodell will want to stash him somewhere that will be palatable, and he can control that by keeping the length of the suspension a secret. If the Jets trade for him, Goodell will suspend Watson for two years. If the Pats trade for him, it’ll be six games, reduced to four.

I agree.  I don't think the Jets can or will do it now.  I actually meant to say without #2 pick in my first post, but even at a lower cost, everyone in the Jets current regime career would be on the line instantly with making that move, even if it wasn't a huge trade capital to do it.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

And Watson and Kraft can get two-for-one discounts on their happy ending massages.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

Seems to me like the Niners are the only potential trade partners at this point. If its true that they really wanted Wilson and couldn't get him but moved up anyway maybe its to angle for a Watson trade? They are in win now mode and rolling the dice with Watson and his 'situation' makes sense. Do we really think they moved up for Mac Jones?

How do you gamble to 'win now' with a player that is highly likely to be suspended for most/all of 2021?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Dcat said:

How do you gamble to 'win now' with a player that is highly likely to be suspended for most/all of 2021?

they may not suspend him till the 2022 season depending on whether the charges. I dunno. Conversely, maybe the niners are looking to 2022 as the year when they would make their run? still makes more sense than going with a rookie who will take at least 2-3 years to develop, gain experience and potentially bust. Even if Watson misses 2021, at least he is a sure thing. Either way, I was just throwing it out there. I have no clue.