Texans may be preparing to trade Watson.

10 minutes ago, PepPep said:

they may not suspend him till the 2022 season depending on whether the charges. I dunno. Conversely, maybe the niners are looking to 2022 as the year when they would make their run? still makes more sense than going with a rookie who will take at least 2-3 years to develop, gain experience and potentially bust. Even if Watson misses 2021, at least he is a sure thing. Either way, I was just throwing it out there. I have no clue.  

Goodell can put him on the exempt list during investigation.  He can't play/practice and does not count as a roster spot.  Not sure if they would do that for a civil suit, as we have here, but if criminal charges are brought, which is a possibility still there, I would think that's what happens.

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

The situation is getting resolved.  Now is exactly when you trade for him.  Wait another 6 months after Wilson busts and we are back to square one having to offer QW and 4 first round picks 

Quinnen Williams is back in, I see.  I think youmay have been the originator of that theory.  j/k before you look it up.  Q was never going anywhere.  LOL.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

To clarify, I have never been to an actual massage therapist in my life and there was never any pretense I was at the massage parlor for anything but a handjob.

Was he a nice guy at least?

Asians with smaller hands (perhaps) may give the impression that one is girthier.  Just sayin' :D

(or so I imagine)

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

You hear that, CanadaSteve? The guy who thinks multiple sexual assault allegations are a market inefficiency has a problem with your argument!

plus the lawyer is slimy too..... don't forget that part.  :)

39 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Think Watsons only trade possibility is the Panthers- Rhule is desperate for a QB and I could see him doing it

Rhule might subject him to strict religious discipline too!  :)

I think some of you chaps are underestimating the social issues power base these days and the effects it can have.

People are worrying about a suspension for watson, that though a problem, is not the bigger problem.

Trade for a guy with these unresolved issues of this nature is asking for a world of hurt, not just a bit of bad press but financial hurt for the team and the league.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I think some of you chaps are underestimating the social issues power base these days and the effects it can have.

People are worrying about a suspension for watson, that though a problem, is not the bigger problem.

Trade for a guy with these unresolved issues of this nature is asking for a world of hurt, not just a bit of bad press but financial hurt for the team and the league.

The NFL is invulnerable to this stuff. Watson hasn’t lost a single endorsement deal as yet.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

no way Woody Johnson lets Watson and his issues through the Florham Park gate.  Highly conservative owner.  No way.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

It would be "asking for a world of hurt" at the original asking prices.  I agree with that.  At some point however and if the market adjustment is sufficient then I would consider it.  Absolutely

Right now we are talking civil cases only and not indication that this being pursued as a criminal offense in any of the jurisdictions.

The way to make money is to buy when blood is running in the streets.

John D. Rockefeller

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

The NFL is invulnerable to this stuff. Watson hasn’t lost a single endorsement deal as yet.

'Yet' and once the wheels get grinding it is vulnerable.  You start to get to the big sponsors with big pressure and there is trouble.  We've seen it with team names to an extent. 

The NFL is making big deals about women refs and women coaches and such.

Do not underestimate the power of people on issues like this, even people who do not care a white about the NFL suddenly take up the torch.  I'm not saying it is right or wrong, just the reality of things these days.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, EM31 said:

It would be "asking for a world of hurt" at the original asking prices.  I agree with that.  At some point however and if the market adjustment is sufficient then I would consider it.  Absolutely

Right now we are talking civil cases only and not indication that this being pursued as a criminal offense in any of the jurisdictions.

The way to make money is to buy when blood is running in the streets.

John D. Rockefeller

The price of a trade is totally irrelevant.

And the quote by Rockefeller no long applies to the way things are these days.  Attitudes have changed, the internet has made instant communication a thing.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

The price of a trade is totally irrelevant.

And the quote by Rockefeller no long applies to the way things are these days.  Attitudes have changed, the internet has made instant communication a thing.

Right.  As is shown by the NFL taking away Bob Kraft's franchise for an actual criminal offense (before the billionaire time machine that is).  Or the NFL forcing big Ben into retirement after very credible rape accusations (much worse than is being alleged here).

Watson's offenses seem pretty tame and if proven he will be financially liable.

Until there is a resolution any team trading for Watson is inviting a public relations disaster.

Don't see how its possible despite Buzzbees highly questionable tactics and bizarre unwillingness to turn over the supposed evidence to the police.

The whole thing is a sht show - especially for a team like the Jets who are trying to change the perception they are a clown shoes franchise.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Not to be flip here, but it never happens. We think it’ll happen, we kinda hope it’ll happen, but it never happens. The FBI had video of Kraft inside a rub and tug and he was on a dais at a White House bruncheon a few weeks later. They arrested the women who jerked him off, then people were so outraged about it that the networks and Amazon handed the NFL the GDP of a small country to broadcast the games. 

Not comparable situations.

Kraft is behind the scenes and can control the message while Watson would be in front of cameras defending himself every week.

Kraft is a billionaire and white.

Krafts allegations, while seedy, didn't include cramming his junk in anyone's face or blasting off any and everywhere.

7 minutes ago, Pac said:

Not comparable situations.

Kraft is behind the scenes and can control the message while Watson would be in front of cameras defending himself every week.

Kraft is a billionaire and white.

Krafts allegations, while seedy, didn't include cramming his junk in anyone's face or blasting off any and everywhere.

Kraft is the de facto owner of the NFL. The NFL controls its own messaging now, and every beat writer is an expendable 27 year old making $45k. If Watson goes to the Patriots, the Globe will send out a female journalist to write a think-piece about the uncaring and unfeeling debauchery of the NFL. It will be upwards of 2,000 words. It will trend online for three hours and disappear into the ether, buried by a bunch of articles written by Peter King and his ilk talking about what a big, foreboding gamble Belichick took. Then Watson will throw a bunch of TD passes and his Pats jersey will be #1 in sales all year. Consider this season’s fawning coverage of the Washington Football Team—so named to mock political correctness—after their owner was implicated in prostituting his cheerleaders all over the world. If Watson doesn’t face criminal charges, he’s going to skate. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Right.  As is shown by the NFL taking away Bob Kraft's franchise for an actual criminal offense (before the billionaire time machine that is).  Or the NFL forcing big Ben into retirement after very credible rape accusations (much worse than is being alleged here).

Watson's offenses seem pretty tame and if proven he will be financially liable.

It's not about the NFL tuning a blind eye, the kraft thing just adds to it and no one should be worried about the NFL initially, all it takes is for a pressure to be heaped on some sponsors and the nfl will change its tune very very quickly.

45 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Not to be flip here, but it never happens. We think it’ll happen, we kinda hope it’ll happen, but it never happens. The FBI had video of Kraft inside a rub and tug and he was on a dais at a White House bruncheon a few weeks later. They arrested the women who jerked him off, then people were so outraged about it that the networks and Amazon handed the NFL the GDP of a small country to broadcast the games. 

There are tipping points, like i said, fear the NFL right now?  No, but if one sponsor caves and falls the others will follow to some extent and then it is serious bad business for the NFL.

I've seen it first hand with the CFL team I cheer for.  We are currently the Washington of the CFL a team with no name.  We were called the Edmonton Eskimos for 70 years or more.  Every so often someone would rumble about the name but finally a few high profile people (who would not know a football from a frisbee) and the media started jumping all over the name and berating team sponsors.  One sponsor caved in then another and all of a sudden name change.

31 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Only a ******* idiot would give up a bunch of picks for Watsonn right now. 

I don't think anyone is saying the price for Watson is the same place it was a few weeks ago.

Nobody is talking four first rounder plus starters any more.  If the price comes down enough to the point where the risk/reward calculus is significantly different then we should listen to any deal.  At some price point any player who has ever lived (yes, even Brady when he was 22) becomes too expensive but on the other hand at some price point any player who has ever lived deserves a 2nd look.  There are no absolutes here and we should keep an open mind.

37 minutes ago, Ghost said:

There’s a chance Watson doesn’t even play this year. 

If he was injured and known out for 2022, at some point even in that circumstance he "might" be worth trading for.  2023 does come after 2022 last time I checked.

3 hours ago, dbatesman said:

You hear that, CanadaSteve? The guy who thinks multiple sexual assault allegations are a market inefficiency has a problem with your argument!

Get me some actual evidence of Watson sexually assaulting people besides allegations not made under oath.  This entire thing is trashass shakedown 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Boycotts. Protests. Who needs the headaches. Jet's have had enough of that.