Texans may be preparing to trade Watson.

6 minutes ago, genot said:

Boycotts. Protests. Who needs the headaches. Jet's have had enough of that.

Honestly speaking this entire choir boy atmosphere that's been going on here for years obviously isn't working. 

* I in no way shape or form condone what DeShaun Watson is being accused of. 

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, EM31 said:

I don't think anyone is saying the price for Watson is the same place it was a few weeks ago.

Nobody is talking four first rounder plus starters any more.  If the price comes down enough to the point where the risk/reward calculus is significantly different then we should listen to any deal.  At some price point any player who has ever lived (yes, even Brady when he was 22) becomes too expensive but on the other hand at some price point any player who has ever lived deserves a 2nd look.  There are no absolutes here and we should keep an open mind.

Sure maybe is he doesn't have like 22 accounts of sexuak assault or harassment or watever against him. The ship has sailed. 

14 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Sure maybe is he doesn't have like 22 accounts of sexuak assault or harassment or watever against him. The ship has sailed. 

JD's job is to listen to offers.  Hopefully he does his job and not this....

Funny Guy With Big Ears Stock Photography - Image: 21567172

If the man can play QB at the highest level and I think that this is not in dispute then I have not heard anything to this point which would prevent me from cheering him on the the QB for the Jets.  Go get him for cheap JD and let the hand-wringers go wring their hands.

3 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

As if Houston couldn’t get any dumber.

Houston waiting and debating has completely lowered Watson’s trade value.

If you’re Houstin and you’re trading Watson, you would want one of the 1st three picks in this draft class to replenish the QB position.

Jax ain’t moving. They’re taking Trevor Lawrence.

SF now has no future 1sts to offer anymore due to their trade up.

Miami which was a suitor now is at 6, so that doesn’t really help Houston.

The only real suitor left are the Jets with pick #2 and they can low ball the sh*t out of Houston now.

I’m sure Carolina will offer up their future, but without a too draft pick to draft a QB, that’s going to be a rough sell.

This.

If they were to trade him pre draft we are the only option and it would def be at a discount. 

• Upvote 2

A man and woman are sitting in a train carriage.

The man leans over to the woman and asks... "Madam, would you sleep with me for a million pounds?"

The Woman thinks about the offer for a while and then agrees that she would indeed be willing to sleep with him for that amount.

The man pauses from a few moments and after a while he leans over to her again and asks "Madam, would you sleep with me for one pound?"

Taken aback by this new offer the woman is clearly insulted and says "Certainly not! What kind of a woman do you think I am?"

To which the man responds "We have already established that my dear and all we are doing now is arguing over the price".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Watson is cheap enough then roll the dice and go get him.  Everything else is just posturing and hyperbole on a message board.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

It would be beyond stupid for any team to trade for him now.

You are just asking for big trouble.

Agree 100%. 
So much so that I wonder if items 1 & 2 in the OP mean that the Texans are preparing not only for a possible trade, but also for the possibility of cutting him. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Stanley Blinka said:

Agree 100%. 
So much so that I wonder if items 1 & 2 in the OP mean that the Texans are preparing not only for a possible trade, but also for the possibility of cutting him. 

Boy will they get killed by their fans for cutting him seeing as he wanted out well before this came out and some big offers were rumoured to be on the table.

Just now, jetstream23 said:

Trading for Watson is 3rd on my list after drafting Wilson and keeping Darnold.

Not really interested in sending a boatload of picks from a team that needs to rebuild for a QB with significant off-field issues.

I would rather trade for Charles Manson.

And he's dead.

POSSIBLY.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

If the deal becomes 2 firsts, #2 this year and the Seahawks first next year, you do it 

Only after he's absolved of potential criminal charges and litigation.  This isn't getting cleared up in the next month, and likely not even before the start of the regular season.

Personally, I think Joe D and the Jets are so entrenched in their Draft preparation and roster planning via Free Agency (which is still ongoing believe it or not!) that they're not even looking at Watson as an option right now.  Based on what I've seen from Joe D I'd really only think a trade for Watson becomes possible after Watson's legal troubles are cleared up and maybe that's for the 2022 season. IF (big If) the Jets think this gets resolved and a trade for Watson is possible NEXT YEAR then they roll with the "Keep Darnold, Trade Down for Picks" plan this year including acquiring another 1st round pick for 2022.  By the way, I don't think any of what I just wrote is happening.  80% chance Jets take Wilson and trade Darnold in less than a month.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

7168F7ED-80DD-42F2-B059-FA071A009D51.thumb.jpeg.a91971265058d94f96e05198563332d2.jpeg

almost sounds like a vague threat.  Between this and his fantastic defense of “out of 39 personal massage therapists, 18 claim Deshaun never did anything bad to them”, maybe Rusty boy should keep his mouth shut.

Yeah, this is ******* heinous

• Sympathy 1

47 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

7168F7ED-80DD-42F2-B059-FA071A009D51.thumb.jpeg.a91971265058d94f96e05198563332d2.jpeg

almost sounds like a vague threat.  Between this and his fantastic defense of “out of 39 personal massage therapists, 18 claim Deshaun never did anything bad to them”, maybe Rusty boy should keep his mouth shut.

That is not vague in the slightest. Absolutely awful. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

That is not vague in the slightest. Absolutely awful. 

Awful how?

They'll finally be able to respond to an actual accusation with details,, and hopefully end all this quickly.

Do you think he should have said, "we will absolutely NOT cooperate with police!"

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Yeah, this is ******* heinous

Hardin is a brilliant trial attorney and I get that the dude who got Enron's accountant off wants to play the PR game, but after thinking yesterday would be the low, that's pretty ugly. Ugh, sh*t like this brings out the worst in people. This thread being Exhibit A. 

• Upvote 1