Texans may be preparing to trade Watson.

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The absolutely dreadful part is that I can’t tell if this is sarcasm or not.

Ha, and it's more fun that way.  No worries.

We disagree.  That's cool.

However I won't surrender the moral high ground here.  Which it seems many think they deserve when arguing vs folks not ready to convict Watson yet.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

So Watsons defense is exposing he has an army of Instagram masseuses and that is supposed to help him?

“Your honor, Deshaun has only been accused of 22 of his 50 masseuses, only a 44% rate.” 

Time to accept reality that Wilson is your quarterback 

Doesn't mean DW doesn't deserve to be treated fairly.

And I like the Ellen show.  I won't hate Wilson.

DW and Sam are the better options though. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, David Harris said:

Think Watsons only trade possibility is the Panthers- Rhule is desperate for a QB and I could see him doing it

How does Rhule reconcile being a devout Christian and trading for Watson?  I guess the "everyone deserves a second chance" argument?

6 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

The fact that some think that he would be good to trade for with this hanging over him is stunning to me!

Even I'd feel dirty about trading for him right now.  However, I might have been in favor next year depending on how things shook out. 

But here we have the # 2 pick and are probably going to take Wilson, so it's not going to happen now or ever, it would seem.  And meanwhile the Patriots are going to land him and win 10 more Super Bowls.

Life is meaningless.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Dcat said:

Goodell can put him on the exempt list during investigation.  He can't play/practice and does not count as a roster spot.  Not sure if they would do that for a civil suit, as we have here, but if criminal charges are brought, which is a possibility still there, I would think that's what happens.

Criminal charges would have happened by now.  No ADA who cares about their career is touching this nonsense.  This prosecution would be a loser case

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Criminal charges would have happened by now.  No ADA who cares about their career is touching this nonsense.  This prosecution would be a loser case

I am 100% in favor of whatever lowers the market price.

I am 100% still a buyer at the (discounted) price.

Did Steelers fans celebrate their Superbowls any less because big Ben the rapist was their QB?  OK then, neither will I.

Is he a top-5 QB not even reaching the prime of his career?  Yes he is.  That is enough for me.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Did Steelers fans celebrate their Superbowls any less because big Ben the rapist was their QB?  OK then, neither will I.

Is he a top-5 QB not even reaching the prime of his career?  Yes he is.  That is enough for me.

Yikes.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Buzbee originally told a HPD detective all of his clients would be filing affidavits in an attempt to press criminal charges.  Now, all we have is just one police report after all this time

And to deflect off this inconsistency Buzbee is trying to assert some anti-cop conspiracy theory nonsense

And the “smoking gun” text messages between Watson and the masseuses Buzbee has posted on Twitter, literally the worst thing is Watson asking one of them if they massage the “glute area.”

• Thumb Down 1

Sooner we draft Wilson or another QB the better. Regardless if Watson is guilty or not.

Seeing 50 different women for “muscular relief” isn’t what I want from my QB.

He looks a ticking time bomb to me, in the world of “me to” we don’t need this attention no matter how good of a QB he is. 

Miami are loading with picks, I expect them to be ones that “may” eventually make a move for Watson.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Obviously you are not a prosecutor and have never worked in a prosecutor's office.  

For 22 women to make an allegation against DW then I believe there is something to it.  Whoever trades for him have to realize what they are getting besides his football talent.  I have think that would not play well in NY.

12 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Well we see things differently. 

The only facts I know actually help DW.

Could he be guilty?  Sure.  I don't know that now though.

I do not think the Sports Illustrated interviewee was lying.  If she goes on the stand with the same testimony and survives cross examination and any underlying investigation into her motives and background, Watson will lose.  It will never get that far.  The civil suits will be settled.  Not sure about the one criminal complaint just filed.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Philc1 said:

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Obviously you are not a prosecutor and have never worked in a prosecutor's office.  

While the thought of DW in Jet Green would be a dream…. there needs to be some type of understanding of where this is headed from a criminal perspective. Being a pervert psychologically is not a crime and getting off while being massaged isn’t either. Asked to strip down in a doctors office, or naked in a gym shower or sauna is acceptable. 
If he physically abused or attempted to forced himself on these ladies would be a crime! Hard to prove without evidence. He said, she said. 

Jets have moved on from Watson, and the teams who were pursuing him most aggressively (i.e. Carolina) have come to realize that there won’t be a trade for him prior to the draft. 

I think right now the most likely result is that the cases settle prior to the season and he sits out/traded prior to or during the season, the cases don’t settle and he’s put on the commissioner’s exempt list, or he returns to the Texans irregardless of lawsuits. 

What changes things on the Texans end is that moving him is no longer such a black eye for the organization as it could’ve been. Would not shock me one bit if they trade him in 2022 and pursue a veteran (maybe Garoppolo) or look to draft a QB with a high draft pick, assuming they underperform. 

Most likely teams Watson will be playing for in 2022: Miami, Philadelphia, Carolina, Houston.

Miami and Philadelphia will have a full year to evaluate the incumbent and the future draft capital to pull it off; Carolina still wants him, but it’s a contentious issue from a image/marketing standpoint which Tepper is cognizant of... I think they will consider trading for Darnold or even drafting a QB and see how they perform before potentially re-introducing themselves as a suitor for Watson; then the obvious is Houston with the 2 sides burying the hatchet and moving forward. There will be other teams interested (Chicago, Atlanta, Washington, Pittsburgh) but those are hard reads at the moment 

• Upvote 2

I don't get the assumption the Patriots will land Watson in a trade. The owner of the Patriots, Robert Kraft, was involved in a body rub scandal at the Orchids of Asia in Florida. The optics would be terrible if the Pats traded for Watson. Both the owner and the starting quarterback involved in scandals revolving around body rubs. Not a good look for the league. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

Both the owner and the starting quarterback involved in scandals revolving around body rubs.

There is an entire media infrastructure dedicated to whitewashing any and all Patriots scandals whenever they arise (annually). They’d be fine.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I don't get the assumption the Patriots will land Watson in a trade. The owner of the Patriots, Robert Kraft, was involved in a body rub scandal at the Orchids of Asia in Florida. The optics would be terrible if the Pats traded for Watson. Both the owner and the starting quarterback involved in scandals revolving around body rubs. Not a good look for the league. 

Kraft pretty much runs the league.

39 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

The Patriots would make that trade just for spite. That organization is so smug they wouldn’t give two shi*s what everyone else thinks. 

• Upvote 1

His price has DRASTICALLY gone down with the sexual assault charges.  IF he can be had, he can be had for much less than what is believed.
Maybe it was Watson himself who put out the bogus claims!  He gets traded and then all the women drop their charges simultaneously.  Now THAT is a movie-of-the-week plot. 
If the texans eat that contract.. could happen

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

9 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Sooner we draft Wilson or another QB the better. Regardless if Watson is guilty or not.

Seeing 50 different women for “muscular relief” isn’t what I want from my QB.

He looks a ticking time bomb to me, in the world of “me to” we don’t need this attention no matter how good of a QB he is. 

Miami are loading with picks, I expect them to be ones that “may” eventually make a move for Watson.

Yes, Miami or NE will land him, and we're most likely to end up with what we always tend to have at QB:  Nice boys who suck at football.  Fun!

Hopefully Wilson bucks the trend!

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, Miami or NE will land him, and we're most likely to end up with what we always tend to have at QB:  Nice boys who suck at football.  Fun!

Hopefully Wilson bucks the trend!

Belichick will get him for nothing and suddenly be the smartest man ever again

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

fu*k watson. something obviously happened.......you don't need 50 different masseuses. it makes zero sense. you find a couple you really like and thats who you use. this is obviously a fetish and he got caught

Agreed, i found the sheer # of them highly dubious. I would think most players trust only a couple...