Jump to content

Texans may be preparing to trade Watson.


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

anyone who thinks joe douglas is the type of guy that would take on watson at this stage...isnt following things closely.

Me reading this two months ago:   Me reading this today:

Posted Images

5 hours ago, neckdemon said:

fu*k watson. something obviously happened.......you don't need 50 different masseuses. it makes zero sense. you find a couple you really like and thats who you use. this is obviously a fetish and he got caught

Yeah this is also kind of a smoking gun even before looking at any evidence there might be. 

What professional young athlete gets massages, purportedly for medical reasons, from dozens of different women (just in the past 12 months alone), and overwhelmingly in the same area. If they were all in different cities where he was staying as a visiting player or on vacation or other reasons for travel then he could float that as a reason, except all but 3 are in/around Houston (yet not all encounters were in the same sports medicine facility or similar). 

Never mind these 22 (or however many) doesn't count any number of women who either are still (understandably) too afraid to come forward, or who acquiesced to his pressure and are embarrassed to know others didn't -- or whatever their reasons for just wanting to put it behind them, which they're allowed to have.

In terms of due process, he's innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, not the court of public opinion. That said, people who aren't sitting on a future jury are more than allowed to form opinions on him being a slimeball until something else becomes public knowledge that removes the credibility of most or all of these accusers. I'd call that a long shot at this point, but it could happen. In that case, suspicious peoples' opinions of him will change back to what they were before any of these accusations came to light.

Yes other players have done worse and still played. Doesn't make it right. Plus now that the details have come forward this isn't just pointing to his dick or hinting at what he wanted, without taking matters into his own hands.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yeah this is also kind of a smoking gun even before looking at any evidence there might be. 

What professional young athlete gets massages, purportedly for medical reasons, from dozens of different women (just in the past 12 months alone), and overwhelmingly in the same area. If they were all in different cities where he was staying as a visiting player or on vacation or other reasons for travel then he could float that as a reason, except all but 3 are in/around Houston (yet not all encounters were in the same sports medicine facility or similar). 

Never mind these 22 (or however many) doesn't count any number of women who either are still (understandably) too afraid to come forward, or who acquiesced to his pressure and are embarrassed to know others didn't -- or whatever their reasons for just wanting to put it behind them, which they're allowed to have.

In terms of due process, he's innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, not the court of public opinion. That said, people who aren't sitting on a future jury are more than allowed to form opinions on him being a slimeball until something else becomes public knowledge that removes the credibility of most or all of these accusers. I'd call that a long shot at this point, but it could happen. In that case, suspicious peoples' opinions of him will change back to what they were before any of these accusations came to light.

Yes other players have done worse and still played. Doesn't make it right. Plus now that the details have come forward this isn't just pointing to his dick or hinting at what he wanted, without taking matters into his own hands.

Yea. Someone just filed a criminal complaint with the Houston PD. If it was one of Buzbee's clients, you would think he would have announced it 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, genot said:

Yea. Someone just filed a criminal complaint with the Houston PD. If it was one of Buzbee's clients, you would think he would have announced it 

 

9E4A7A47-62C2-4929-8D6E-DA496D837257.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kelticwizard said:

Do we even know the criminal complaint is about massages or sex?  It's at least possible it's another matter.

It has been reported it is. 

Innocent until proven guilty is a criminal thing. In the NFL the burden only has to be more likely than not to take action. It might take a year or even two but I don't suspect the NFL punishment will be mild. 6 games suspsension seems the bare minimum for action against Watson by the NFL in next 2 years. I don't suspect he will go to criminal trail unless the accuser values justice over money.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2021 at 7:48 AM, Dcat said:

Obviously you are not a prosecutor and have never worked in a prosecutor's office.  

Let me know when Watson gets convicted of anything related to this nonsense skippy since you know everything 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2021 at 10:08 AM, 32EBoozer said:

 

While the thought of DW in Jet Green would be a dream…. there needs to be some type of understanding of where this is headed from a criminal perspective. Being a pervert psychologically is not a crime and getting off while being massaged isn’t either. Asked to strip down in a doctors office, or naked in a gym shower or sauna is acceptable. 
If he physically abused or attempted to forced himself on these ladies would be a crime! Hard to prove without evidence. He said, she said. 

No evidence and so far one police report — out of the “damning” 22 accusers 

 

Why no police reports from the 21 other accusers?  If they lie they could be civilly liable for defamation in a countersuit.  If they lie in an affidavit submitted to law enforcement they could be criminally liable

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

It has been reported it is. 

Innocent until proven guilty is a criminal thing. In the NFL the burden only has to be more likely than not to take action. It might take a year or even two but I don't suspect the NFL punishment will be mild. 6 games suspsension seems the bare minimum for action against Watson by the NFL in next 2 years. I don't suspect he will go to criminal trail unless the accuser values justice over money.

Then Watson and his lawyer can take a page out of the Brady playbook and sue in federal court to get the bs suspension thrown out

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Then Watson and his lawyer can take a page out of the Brady playbook and sue in federal court to get the bs suspension thrown out


I don’t think Brady suspension was overturned was it? I thought he sat out those games.I don’t think Brady suspension was overturned was it? I thought he sat out those games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, kelticwizard said:

Do we even know the criminal complaint is about massages or sex?  It's at least possible it's another matter.

It seems likely that it’s the anonymous “Mary” figure from the Vrentas/SI piece. She wanted to avoid Buzbee because she had misgivings about the contract he was having the accusers sign onto.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

No evidence and so far one police report — out of the “damning” 22 accusers 

 

Why no police reports from the 21 other accusers?  If they lie they could be civilly liable for defamation in a countersuit.  If they lie in an affidavit submitted to law enforcement they could be criminally liable

 

You are assuming there is no evidence. Any lawyer worth his salt (even the snake oil salesmen type) know not to release every bit of info they know or evidence they have until neccessary.

The fact that you dont understand the myriad of reasons why no police reports were filed in a situation like this really undercuts an intelligent debate about the situation. 

Your point about the ramifications of what could happen if they were lying also only bolsters the accusers arguments. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kelticwizard said:

Do we even know the criminal complaint is about massages or sex?  It's at least possible it's another matter.

It was me.  I'm on the "No Call" list and that dick has been robo-calling me for months and I'm fed up with it.  

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Let me know when Watson gets convicted of anything related to this nonsense skippy since you know everything 

It's obvious that you know very little.  You post tons of extreme opinions for over a decade with never an ounce of support.  But we love you anyway.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2021 at 4:45 PM, Philc1 said:

Get me some actual evidence of Watson sexually assaulting people besides allegations not made under oath.  This entire thing is trashass shakedown 

Denial is proof hes innocent, youre right.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Presser at noon today:

Our team will hold an in-person press conference at our Houston office on the 73rd floor of Chase Tower downtown Houston, Texas, on Tuesday at noon,” Buzbee announced on Instagram. “This press conference will address important and significant developments in the Deshaun Watson case. We will take a few questions, but only from those present, and we will also distribute information to those assembled. We will, of course, live stream the press conference here on this platform. For those that attend, security will be strict; if you have no press credentials, you won’t attend.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Presser at noon today:

Our team will hold an in-person press conference at our Houston office on the 73rd floor of Chase Tower downtown Houston, Texas, on Tuesday at noon,” Buzbee announced on Instagram. “This press conference will address important and significant developments in the Deshaun Watson case. We will take a few questions, but only from those present, and we will also distribute information to those assembled. We will, of course, live stream the press conference here on this platform. For those that attend, security will be strict; if you have no press credentials, you won’t attend.”

At a press conference called by attorney Tony Buzbee, Ashley Solis attended and made a statement regarding her interactions with Watson.

 

“People say that I’m doing this just for money,” she added. “That is false. I come forward now so that Deshaun Watson does not assault another woman.”

Buzbee said that Solis had spoken with the Houston Police Department, and that at least one other person has as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...