Texans may be preparing to trade Watson.

3 hours ago, Jet Life said:

Only 20 more to go. Guys not playing a snap this year 

I think Watson's lawyer doing the 18 masseuse vouches for him thing was a major mistake. So he saw 40 massueses in 4 years? He didn't find one he likes in all that time? 

Pre-covid I loved getting massages. Maybe once or twice every 2-3 months. In all that time I probably have not seen 40 different masseuses. 

Sensual massage is incredibly easy to find. The sheer number of different masseuses and the fact that he could easily find a happy ending massage, leads me to believe that he gets his jollies from convincing legitimate masseuses to do something they do not want to do. Also consider that like the Weinstein situation there are probably an entire third group of masseuses who didn't have an issue with it, gave him a handjob got some extra money and went on to their next massage. So the total number is probably 60 or 70

Never wanted him, but thought he was OK. This cannot end well for Watson. Even if he settles he is facing a major suspension

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Buzbee is doing a great disservice to these women and will ultimately cost them any chance at the justice they might have been seeking:

From PFT: 

While it was the first time Solis publicly revealed her identity, it was not the first time Watson’s camp became aware that she was making those allegations. Watson’s lawyer Rusty Hardin released emails between Scott Gaffield, the general counsel for Watson’s agency Athletes First and Buzbee’s office regarding a demand of $100,000 to avoid the lawsuit while noting that Solis said she is not “doing this just for money.”

Hardin’s statement shares an email from Gaffield saying that they “don’t believe that the alleged facts show that Deshaun did anything wrong with regards to Ms. Solis” while asking “if Ms. Solis wanted to either help us understand the rationale behind the $100k demand or come back with a different figure.” It also includes Buzbee’s response from February 19.

“We made a legit demand. You rejected it,” Buzbee wrote. “We won’t be making another or bid against ourselves. We also won’t be having an extended dialogue about why you think your client did nothing wrong or how you want this to be a “learning” experience for your “high profile athlete,” as you refer to him. This is Houston, Texas. Perhaps you should find him a lawyer here so you can apprise both you and your client of the landscape here and who you are dealing with. Talk soon.”

• WTF? 1

I want to grow our QB from draft pick to franchise QB, it's like working for your own money rather than taking mom and dads handout.

That said, prior to this and even as recently as yesterday I'd have been fine trading #2 (that's it) and having Watson for 2022.

Zero chance Douglas entertains this, Zero reason to if you believe in one of the rookies.

• Upvote 1

Watson’s whole defense has been these "allegations are shady and just cash grabs" and now we know one of his "supporters" was completely aware of his rep?  Now which side is being shady?  Some of these messages are rough but that particular image telling one of the women to shake it off?  Imagine saying that to someone who has just been (allegedly) sexually assaulted.

“It’s easier said than done, but shake it off.”

Yikes.

• Upvote 4

32 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Imagine this board right now if we traded for this guy at the beginning of March? 

It would’ve been a franchise altering disaster of epic proportions.

Imagine getting rid of Darnold, giving up the #2 draft pick, acquiring Watson and now watching him unlikely to play football again or anytime soon.

The Jets would be riding James Morgan into the season and have no draft picks to help him.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

B45E08E8-EE2F-4EC6-814E-43A5E08E9A2F.thumb.png.447958ff9dd30e07aed16518d44f44ad.png44DA71B7-9E9B-4F7F-9F39-FFAA146A247B.thumb.png.0febb2ecc09f52f88261df1a66c24cef.png

Images within article:

D7320BE4-7904-488F-BAA7-426E94BD0564.thumb.jpeg.5a6e10cc420dbdc52fc34f3d6e5a56b0.jpeg77325DD7-635E-486C-A39B-8BE071C439E7.thumb.jpeg.709f4a6452f5270cb0ce96bed3ef5ea3.jpegB36ABB99-B972-455A-AF2F-67F9ED6B064E.thumb.jpeg.ec696f0a45bfb1ea541426e78a627621.jpeg603535EA-CE96-42BF-93DF-1FFC385D5FB3.thumb.jpeg.8d15476361554da8da974d1ee8249827.jpeg5FCF667B-5607-4603-93DB-3A54C5700D9F.thumb.jpeg.1487e4b1c2eb746b194bca026f8f300c.jpegBF7D52F7-F4C6-4A66-BA4E-716145D36729.thumb.png.a3d010a7784c27ccbd4531ae8214501b.png30DBFE5F-F337-4965-B95F-CD2C3ACAEBB7.thumb.jpeg.36e2fd8ab1d2631d83bca82a063aeeea.jpegDDD51347-AF9F-4686-ADCB-94245DA9B388.thumb.jpeg.cf58c1f63383f3d965909ece37700ea2.jpeg

D4546E88-AE56-4979-8E4A-4DA7ACCC999F.thumb.jpeg.f16d31e211db6722cb0c875cd1d3067f.jpeg37D07905-716B-48D8-8532-BCA433DAF013.thumb.jpeg.793c2482c66e0f6abc19ec516ee00548.jpeg7061234E-45E4-4EFA-9C0E-F9DB5AAA1649.png.6717f58dc4f9acbb49c6997a7e566bcf.pngD385850D-8A1A-496D-8019-FD2DCFD39C3A.thumb.jpeg.bfcd73c2e2e30716fdb7370536d1f8e4.jpeg

As i assumed Watson isn’t the only athlete to do this: “usually they will stop after you say no, that’s been my experience anyway. I’ve never had anyone that kept pushing the boundaries if it kept on”- hmmm

“I can get the player personnel for whatever team it is for her, that who you talk to on the team to handle it. They don’t do much about the situation though” - double hmmmmm

IMO, There is a culture of this and a cover up system in place to handle situations like this, i highly doubt Watson will be the last athlete accused of such crimes. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Watson’s whole defense has been these "allegations are shady and just cash grabs" and now we know one of his "supporters" was completely aware of his rep?  Now which side is being shady?  Some of these messages are rough but that particular image telling one of the women to shake it off?  Imagine saying that to someone who has just been (allegedly) sexually assaulted.

“It’s easier said than done, but shake it off.”

Yikes.

In those texts one of the most important lines is "usually they will stop after you say no". Masseuses get asked or hinted at for happy endings all the time. They so no and the massage moves on. Maybe not what should happen in a massage but it is common. Masseuses get asked because more than people realize will do it. But it is clear Watson did not take no. And like I said before 18 defending with 22 accusing is not really a good way to show he wasn't being predatory. Plus as Bob Kraft can attest to it is really simple to find a sensual massage. Whatever.  Seems like it keeps getting worse and worse for Watson. 

He will settle. After that we should have a pool on how many days after that there will be a special TV show interview with Oprah where he cries a lot and talks about how he has changed and cries some more and asks for forgiveness and cries some more. And the public forgives him the next day.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, johnnysd said:

In those texts one of the most important lines is "usually they will stop after you say no". Masseuses get asked or hinted at for happy endings all the time. They so no and the massage moves on. Maybe not what should happen in a massage but it is common. Masseuses get asked because more than people realize will do it. But it is clear Watson did not take no. And like I said before 18 defending with 22 accusing is not really a good way to show he wasn't being predatory. Plus as Bob Kraft can attest to it is really simple to find a sensual massage. Whatever.  Seems like it keeps getting worse and worse for Watson. 

He will settle. After that we should have a pool on how many days after that there will be a special TV show interview with Oprah where he cries a lot and talks about how he has changed and cries some more and asks for forgiveness and cries some more. And the public forgives him the next day.

I honestly don’t see any realistic way he ever plays again.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

13 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

It would’ve been a franchise altering disaster of epic proportions.

Imagine getting rid of Darnold, giving up the #2 draft pick, acquiring Watson and now watching him unlikely to play football again or anytime soon.

The Jets would be riding James Morgan into the season and have no draft picks to help him.

A few people on here would still be saying it was a good move, worth the gamble for a 4-12 QB.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I honestly don’t see any realistic way he ever plays again.

Unfortunately Watson makes money for his team and the NFL so he will never be perma banned unless somehow he goes to jail.  Likely he makes a settlement, gets a 6 game suspension (appealed to 4) he does the Oprah interview and everything is neatly swept under the rug

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

Unfortunately Watson makes money for his team and the NFL so he will never be perma banned unless somehow he goes to jail.  Likely he makes a settlement, gets a 6 game suspension (appealed to 4) he does the Oprah interview and everything is neatly swept under the rug

there is no way this ends up being a 6 game thing, the guy is a serial predator. he will miss a season, will need to go to loads of counseling....and then have to be cleared by RG.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

didn't a player kill someone (allegedly) back in the day and play again.  from the ravens i think,.

LOL, you’re not wrong there.

5 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

The NFL has, to a point, gone overboard in protecting it’s image, especially when it comes to how their athletes treat women.  If Watson settles, he’s admitting some level of guilt.  I see zero possible chance that he ever takes another snap without settling, let alone if he does settle and say “yeah, my bad, I f’d up”, for good reason too.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Evidently @kevinc855 is upset that I believe that sexual predators shouldn’t play in the NFL.  This, of course, is because Kevin has shown time and time again that he only cares about having big names on his team, regardless of whether or not they sexually assaulted someone:

85794CE2-58D6-4755-AF09-E0E2CC945C53.thumb.png.750cc872524cd3a493a44a7eb16b3c80.png

Defending a rapist.  Great look Kev! 

LOL....King Troll Mogglez who literally follows my posts to down vote them has been TRIGGERED lol....

Go grab a virtue tissue @Mogglez

• Thumb Down 4

7 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

LOL....King Troll Mogglez who literally follows my posts to down vote them has been TRIGGERED lol....

Go grab a virtue tissue @Mogglez

I was reading those threads when I “thumbs down’d” ONE of your ridiculous posts because I disagreed with the content.  Don’t like it?  Too f*cking bad.  It’s completely different when you do what you did and go to my PROFILE to thumbs down anything and everything I’ve posted in the last 24 hours to antagonize the sh*t out of me.

You, on the other hand, have also exposed yourself as a supporter of sexual assault as long as the player is talented enough.  I’ll sleep well tonight knowing I don’t.

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Mogglez said:

I was reading those threads when I “thumbs down’d” your ridiculous posts.  Don’t like it?  Too f*cking bad.

You exposed yourself as a supporter of rape as long as the player is talented enough.  I’ll sleep well tonight knowing I don’t.

Oh please...this is a place to talk football. Go take your self rightness drama somewhere else. 

Your bad takes are more entertaining then your entry into politics...

• Thumb Down 3

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

Oh please...this is a place to talk football. Go take your self rightness drama somewhere else. 

Your bad takes are more entertaining then your entry into politics...

Whatever you say rape supporter.

• Thumb Down 1